WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

take the orings out and soak them in a cup of lube for a day. it may be that they arent supple enough to hold the pressure.

Or use silicone grease.

This is what we use on ancient "classic airsoft" mags, like my leaky Maruzen.

Its creamy white and 100% silicone.

G&P makes a nice little "lube kit" available everywhere. It contains 2 bottles of oil (lighter and heavier) and a cosmetic jar of grease.

Systema also offers 100% silicone grease.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

You can also get silicone grease for plumbing at the hardware store. It's a little on the thick side though.

In my experience soaking the seals in power steering fluid for a few days almost always cures leaks with valves. I think snowman first mentioned the trick.

Thanks for the info Paul. :)

I removed part 42 after scratching the hell out of the nozzle and the rear screw plate thingee with a vice, It required a lot of force, and deformed the rear plate a little. Thats ok, it was the old nozzle and not my new one, but I can see that the new one will kaput in the future.

If you look on the news page where the packages are advertised it clearly states that the shipping is free with the package. Further, the term "package included:" indicates that all items listed are included in the price. Seems pretty clear to me.

I know it's clear, that is why i quoted it for you....

So does anyone know if the AFC WE M4 from Airsoft Buddy is version 2 or not?

Also, How do you take down a mag the the valve at the top? I got the res apart but I'm not sure where to go from here!

yes they are v2.

Here are clues to tell whether we m4's are v2.

Annodized receiver

Reinforced parts

Trademarks

330-350fps

I've had difficulties with unscrewing the top valve too, here's ho I did it. I took a flathead screwdriver where the tip has a 1cm width. Then I took a angle grinder and cut a slot in it. Took less than 5 minutes to make it work!

screwdriverly3h.jpg

Add it to the wiki! Btw, I've updated a bunch of the takedown guides. I just need to go back tonight and add pictures to everything.

Update on my faulty valve:

The problem isn't the valve. It's the magazine itself. It is the one mag wich caused trouble all along, with a breaking follower and bolt-catch-lever and so on.

I switched both valves to both magazines. Both valves work fine in Mag#2 while #1 is leaking out gas. I may have looked in the wrong spot in my first post concerning the mag - the gas comes at the rear of the upper valve where the hammer hits, not from the upward port.

A visual inspection showed no differences in both mags, maybe the factory drilled the hole for the valve a litte irregularly.

I'll ask william if he would replace the whole mag for me, at least its worth a try...

About the leacking mags: My 1st one(the one wich I get along with the gun) had fallen accidentally and started leacking. So I ordered a 2nd ond to AB and when I receiced it, I noticed that it was leaking too...this week, I decided to take down both mags. I pulled both valves of both mags and putted some weapons oil(I own the Armistol oil) in the mag it self. Yhen I putted the valves back in their respective holes(the valves had also been treated with the same oil as well). Then, just before filling them, I dropped i bit oh oil in the filling valve and started to fill the mag. It leacked a bit on the 1st replenishment and, on the second one, no more leacking they just work fine. Oh and I put this oil on every moving parts as well, even in the CH place

Slight update for those getting the WE M4 from landwarrior -

They are reportedly being sent out today to pre order customers (arrival monday)

They have the matt finish on the reciever (not the original gloss one) so good news there

One tested by LW was quite warm out of the box so best to test them before taking them out gaming ;)

They do NOT have the extra inner barrel but the extension outer barrel does unthread (might have to hack my barrel)

Add it to the wiki! Btw, I've updated a bunch of the takedown guides. I just need to go back tonight and add pictures to everything.

LOL...there is absolutely NO NEED to add thios to to the wiki.

Making tools?

What the christ? The tips of a set of small needle nose fit right in!

Why are are people making a turkey dinner out of this??

TWO SECONDS work.....

Dont make tools....you dont need to. Full credit to user -I-

DSCF2273.jpg

valveapart.jpg

DSCF2275.jpg

Edited by rottenotto

^ Well I hope those pics help.

I want to keep "WE Ownership" SIMPLE.

Making tools just seems so unnecessary and not simple.

Especially when the parts disassemble in seconds with ordinary pliers.

Make sure your twisting the correct end - see pics. You just HOLD the bottom of the valve (keep it from turning) with the tool.

Edited by rottenotto
Slight update for those getting the WE M4 from landwarrior -

They are reportedly being sent out today to pre order customers (arrival monday)

They have the matt finish on the reciever (not the original gloss one) so good news there

One tested by LW was quite warm out of the box so best to test them before taking them out gaming ;)

They do NOT have the extra inner barrel but the extension outer barrel does unthread (might have to hack my barrel)

I've gotta say that news is a bit disappointing.

But I suppose you could you a silencer to cover the longer inner barrel when using the shorter outer barrel?

Do you have it confirmed Gaz that they are the newer anodized finish?

LOL...there is absolutely NO NEED to add thios to to the wiki.

Making tools?

What the christ? The tips of a set of small needle nose fit right in!

Why are are people making a turkey dinner out of this??

TWO SECONDS work.....

Dont make tools....you dont need to. Full credit to user -I-

DSCF2273.jpg

valveapart.jpg

DSCF2275.jpg

Otto what he is talking about is the output valve on the magazine. I for one think it is a great idea for the fact I destroyed the slots on a valve. You need the tool to remove these valves but this would work just find. Oh by the way Otto your method on taking apart the valve head works beautifully :punk:

Yeah, I think there was a misunderstanding - my tool was designed for the upper magazine valve, I should maybe have stated that more clearly :)

AH!!!

Many many apologies!!!

LOL...in that case, its a good idea!

I have the Western Arms/KSC valve tool from Guarder (Intruder shop). And it cost me more than I wanted to.

The mod to the flat screwdriver you did is a quick and less expensive alternative to ordering the tool from Hong Kong.

Well deserving of the wiki post. Good job. ;)