WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

you might have to wait until i'm out of ammo and gas :P

:D Welcome on board to all those in the UK waiting for Monday to arrive. Here is my checklist:

• Sort any leaky mags out Gas Leak > Magazine
  • Fix any non working bolt stop switches on the mags (I will take some piccies for my issues if that might help)
  • Field strip the rifle Basic Takedown
  • Remove the factory "drool", I certainly had plenty and it does affect how the rifle performs in my opinion
  • Smooth the entrance to #112 so it feels smooth to touch (1500 > 2000 grit wet sandpaper), I managed in situ but better to remove
  • Lubricate as per the Wiki maintenance instructions Basic Maintenance > Oiling
  • Lubricate #39 with a high performance lubricant like Krytox (I used Abbey Dri Slide, not fully tested yet)
  • Secure the valve assembly and thread lock bolt #36, ensure perfect alignment of the valve assembly Advanced Maintenance > Bolt Carrier - #36/#122
  • That's all I did before the first shot, nothing broken yet and very happy so far

I know this is bit of a repeat but if it helps somebody great.

I can confirm that you will run out of everything pretty quickly. You just can't put a good thing down :P

I had to place an order for ammo and gas mid-week after blowing my fairly significant supplies :rolleyes:

I finally dug out my HDV camera today and attempted to shoot some video. It would seem that my firewire cable has walked though :angry:

On another note my RS parts research just caused me to order Magpul Dynamics - The Art of The Tactical Carbine 3-Disc DVD Set :P

So are the AFC ones on Airsoft buddy website the version 2?

There is 2 versions of the rifle.

Version 1 (AFC) Is sold through the WE training division and can only be purchased through them and they have full distribution rights.

It has a lower FPS (330-350)

It has steel bolt catch

It includes cqb barrel

It has anodized Receiver

Version 2 (export version) Is sold through the WE factory and anyone can distribute these.

The have higher FPS (450-500+)

Now include steel bolt catch

Has black painted body

Comes with cqb barrel (most cases)

For what its worth I have opened up my pre-order for my second batch of WE m4's arriving Feb. 24th (approx). I only get the AFC versions. I have some parts ordered and may have additional ones as well. www.airsoftammosupply.com

Edited by rfisherjr
curious as to how you got 30+2 for the ammo capacity

I'm not sure what or who you're asking but the mags actually hold 33 bb's. However, it is not recommended to load the mags to 33 as there is no room for the spring to compress when loading the magazine without locking the bolt back first.

There is 2 versions of the rifle.

Version 1 (AFC) Is sold through the WE training division and can only be purchased through them and they have full distribution rights.

It has a lower FPS (330-350)

It has steel bolt catch

It includes cqb barrel

It has anodized Receiver

Version 2 (export version) Is sold through the WE factory and anyone can distribute these.

Has black painted body

Comes with cqb barrel (most cases)

For what its worth I have opened up my pre-order for my second batch of WE m4's arriving Feb. 24th (approx). I only get the AFC versions. I have some parts ordered and may have additional ones as well. www.airsoftammosupply.com

A bit of a correction, Riddick:

WETTI-AFC Custom Version 2 (ver.1 is not available anymore) is sold through the WE training division and can only be purchased through them and they have exclusive distribution rights.

FPS rate can be custom-ordered (as per requested)

It has steel bolt catch

It includes extra 6.03mm cqb barrel

It has anodized bod (upper & lower)

"Export version" is sold through Taiwan toy exporters.

Has black painted body

NO CQB barrel is included (that's a WETTI-AFC Custom exclusive)

www.airsoftammosupply.com is now a fully-authorized dealer of all WETTI-AFC Custom WE products (AWSS M4, AWSS SCAR, all replacement parts & accessories), as well as soon-to-be released 3rd-party after-market improvement parts (steel & CNC parts)

Wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't point out that the literal meaning of 30+2 means there's space for 30 rounds in the magazine and 2 in the chamber.

Im really looking for a gun that will shoot a solid 400-425fps with .25s, but cannot be any higher. Which version is recommended.

Edited by Involved6

as far as the anodized finish goes anyone know if this can be stripped off and redone using the normal 'sodium hydroxide to strip and sulphuric acid bath for reanodizing' method?

ie is the alloy used for the receivers 'clean' enough for that (I quite fancy one in a funky colour but Id rather not resort to just painting it)

Wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't point out that the literal meaning of 30+2 means there's space for 30 rounds in the magazine and 2 in the chamber.

Im really looking for a gun that will shoot a solid 400-425fps with .25s, but cannot be any higher. Which version is recommended.

Just wait a bit for the new 'power modules' options (very accurate fps rates) from a 3-rd party manufacturer the we just endorsed. I'll have more info. here when their products hit the market.

Edited by WETTI
as far as the anodized finish goes anyone know if this can be stripped off and redone using the normal 'sodium hydroxide to strip and sulphuric acid bath for reanodizing' method?

ie is the alloy used for the receivers 'clean' enough for that (I quite fancy one in a funky colour but Id rather not resort to just painting it)

Yes, it can be done this way, but pls remember our body is of a different material than, say a COLT, RS body (which is forged steel), so the anodized finish you get may be different...but then again you're into 'funky colors', so I guess it wouldn't really matter.

Anyhow, the answer to your question again is "YES".

Good luck!! (& pls show us your finished product once you're done, alright? ;) )

again I would just wait for a new after-market improvement part that will soon hit the market, if more 'kick' is what you're looking for.

An AWSS SCAR on the way :P

CO2 magazines soon. What's the release date WETTI?. These could really help some of my events, the environments can be pretty extreme...

I am pretty sure the gas mags would be damn cold after hanging out of the heli window. Not good if you get bumped during insertion :D

Lots of talk about new after-market improvement parts... this all sounds very interesting

Edited by Marky [UE]

:D Welcome on board to all those in the UK waiting for Monday to arrive. Here is my checklist:

• Sort any leaky mags out Gas Leak > Magazine
  • Fix any non working bolt stop switches on the mags (I will take some piccies for my issues if that might help)
  • Field strip the rifle Basic Takedown
  • Remove the factory "drool", I certainly had plenty and it does affect how the rifle performs in my opinion
  • Smooth the entrance to #112 so it feels smooth to touch (1500 > 2000 grit wet sandpaper), I managed in situ but better to remove
  • Lubricate as per the Wiki maintenance instructions Basic Maintenance > Oiling
  • Lubricate #39 with a high performance lubricant like Krytox (I used Abbey Dri Slide, not fully tested yet)
  • Secure the valve assembly and thread lock bolt #36, ensure perfect alignment of the valve assembly Advanced Maintenance > Bolt Carrier - #36/#122
  • That's all I did before the first shot, nothing broken yet and very happy so far

I know this is bit of a repeat but if it helps somebody great.

Hi Marky

Thats a great post! Crystallizes all the pages here into one nice preinspection checklist. Mind if I use it on the wiki post somewhere? Ill give you credit for it.

WETTI-

Im not sure how "exclusive" those anodized bodies and "custom fps rate" are. I have ordered 3 WE M4's - all from different Hong Kong retailers - all were anodized bodies (not the horrible black painted versions) and all asked what FPS I wanted; "high" or "low".

Also, each came with the short CQB outer barrel and a shorter inner barrel too. Didnt even consider that I "might not get this" since all came with it.

But I consider "anodized bodies and steel bolt catch" the start of the term "version 2" on the Internet.

Edited by rottenotto

Thanks for the advice on what to do before firing a shot Marky [uE]. I will receive my WE M4 from Landwarrior on Wednesday so it is good to know what to do before getting stuck in.

I am hoping that I dont get a lemon, but then I guess that is what a warrantee is for.

WETTIs posts are all very exciting news, I hope SCAR and M4 use same mags so I can get one at a low start up cost!

Has anyone tried fitting either of these handguard accessorys to their WEs yet?

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...product_id=2737

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/gri...dark-earth.html

I am keen to get a tan handguard but have not yet decided if I want RIS/RAS or the lighterweight magpul, compatability may help with the decision making!

I have ordered 3 WE M4's - all from different Hong Kong retailers - all were anodized bodies (not the horrible black painted versions) and all asked what FPS I wanted; "high" or "low".

rettenotto, does the power tune up kit or the stock kit make the difference of the high or low power? If so can you tell us how many Fps is high and how much Fps is low? And just asking for a confirm does the high Fps give a flatter trajectory?

And who do you reccomend to buy from out of all the Hong Kong shops? Best price, any asseeries(RAS), customer service, politeness? PM me if you have to.

Edited by alston251
Hi Marky

Thats a great post! Crystallizes all the pages here into one nice preinspection checklist. Mind if I use it on the wiki post somewhere? Ill give you credit for it.

Thanks Otto and Lughnasadhuk for the kind comments. Otto please feel free to use anything I post (it will obviously need a bit of editing though and I can think of a few enhancements now). I think my magazine bolt stop issues certainly need some more explaining. Both mags are now guaranteed to work since my tweaks. I will try and get some pictures and an explanation up so it can help the new arrivals.

Another simple suggestion for new guns. If they are fitted with a plastic orange flash hider. Pass a small screwdriver through one set of holes and then carefully unscrew.

I am really struggling to obtain some real steel mil-spec Magpul kit in the UK and none of the US suppliers will ship out of the country. Specifically OD versions of the MOE hand guard, MOE stock and MOE MIAD full kit. Any suggestions/offers would be appreciated. Can a civilian parcel this stuff up and send it to me or would that also be restricted under US law?

Has anyone tried fitting either of these handguard accessorys to their WEs yet?

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...product_id=2737

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/gri...dark-earth.html

I am keen to get a tan handguard but have not yet decided if I want RIS/RAS or the lighterweight magpul, compatability may help with the decision making!

The MOE is a direct fit.

The Larue (or DD copy) will likely present a problem for you. There is the issue of airsoft barrel nuts not fitting on the WE, - the WE M4 takes a real steel nut (threading). Bolts right on.

I have been able to use airsoft barrel nuts on the WE's, its just that they thread on tight.

If you decide to do this, no worries as the barrel nut threads will give out before the upper receiver threads of your WE.

Just thrad the barrel nut on - thread until it becomes tight. Then advance a bit more. Back off the nut a half turn to a full turn, then thread it on again. Advancing past your last stop point.

Do this until you have the nut full threaded on.

What you are essentially doing is chasing the threads - or making the two part "marry". You arent really rethreading since the thread is correct, its just the thread heights are different.

rettenotto, does the power tune up kit or the stock kit make the difference of the high or low power? If so can you tell us how many Fps is high and how much Fps is low? And just asking for a confirm does the high Fps give a flatter trajectory?

And who do you reccomend to buy from out of all the Hong Kong shops? Best price, any asseeries(RAS), customer service, politeness? PM me if you have to.

Hi Alston

The "power tune up kit" I received from William is the higher FPS valve that came as original in 2 of my WE's.

I have one WE that had the lower FPS valve (the floating valve is spaced differently in the machined "window" of the valve head - that is all).

FPS between the two is "350ish" and "500ish" - peak power.

Your mileage may vary.

But I can tell you with confidence that the higher ouput valve worked better with the overhopped condition of the gun. Nice flat trajectory with .28g bb's.

With the lower output valve, the bb's would fly straight up after 30-40 feet.

Once the green silicone of the hop unit wears down a bit from use - and if you elect to use the higher output valve - you will get a nice, far reaching, bb flight.

The MOE is a direct fit.

The Larue (or DD copy) will likely present a problem for you. There is the issue of airsoft barrel nuts not fitting on the WE, - the WE M4 takes a real steel nut (threading). Bolts right on.

I have been able to use airsoft barrel nuts on the WE's, its just that they thread on tight.

If you decide to do this, no worries as the barrel nut threads will give out before the upper receiver threads of your WE.

Just thrad the barrel nut on - thread until it becomes tight. Then advance a bit more. Back off the nut a half turn to a full turn, then thread it on again. Advancing past your last stop point.

Do this until you have the nut full threaded on.

What you are essentially doing is chasing the threads - or making the two part "marry". You arent really rethreading since the thread is correct, its just the thread heights are different.

Informative as always mate.

I wonder if this technique will work with the replica DD Mk.18 rail and the barrel nut provided?

Here in the UK I know of one retailer selling RS barrel nuts so I will try one of those too with the replica rail (I don't know if there is anything special about the RS DD Mk.18 barrel nut though)

On another note, Landwarrior now have the WE M4 listed as 'out of stock' so the initial shipment must have been all taken by pre-orders! I wonder if any other UK retailers will start stocking it? I hope so.

thank you for catching that. Mag itself holds 30 rounds and 2 pre-loaded in the chamber so the user will actually get a full 30 rounds out of the mag instead of 28.

I am pretty solid with my information of these rifle as you can see from the post from WE. No hot air here. I just may not have every little detail known..