WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Hi Marky

Thats a great post! Crystallizes all the pages here into one nice preinspection checklist. Mind if I use it on the wiki post somewhere? Ill give you credit for it.

WETTI-

Im not sure how "exclusive" those anodized bodies and "custom fps rate" are. I have ordered 3 WE M4's - all from different Hong Kong retailers - all were anodized bodies (not the horrible black painted versions) and all asked what FPS I wanted; "high" or "low".

Also, each came with the short CQB outer barrel and a shorter inner barrel too. Didnt even consider that I "might not get this" since all came with it.

But I consider "anodized bodies and steel bolt catch" the start of the term "version 2" on the Internet.

Yes, you are correct. All HK retailers bought from us, not from the Taiwanese exporter, so theirs is the WETTI-AFC Custom version. What I'm trying to say is if any retailing outfits around the world that would like to stock the 'real' WE AWSS M4, then should be awared & only purchase wholesale from us. WETTI is a wholesaler only, we do not do any retail sales or web-based sales.

FPS customization is something lots of the HK retailers are offering as a custom service. What I was saying is retailers who buy from WETTI can specify the FPS rate right out of the factory. WETTI-AFC Custom work closely with WE (the factory) & we have priority on EVERYTHING coming out of WE.

I think that should be clear enough an explanation. ;)

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Thanks for the advice on what to do before firing a shot Marky [uE]. I will receive my WE M4 from Landwarrior on Wednesday so it is good to know what to do before getting stuck in.

I am hoping that I dont get a lemon, but then I guess that is what a warrantee is for.

WETTIs posts are all very exciting news, I hope SCAR and M4 use same mags so I can get one at a low start up cost!

WE AWSS SCAR will have both the "L" & the "H" version ;)

Informative as always mate.

I wonder if this technique will work with the replica DD Mk.18 rail and the barrel nut provided?

Here in the UK I know of one retailer selling RS barrel nuts so I will try one of those too with the replica rail (I don't know if there is anything special about the RS DD Mk.18 barrel nut though)

On another note, Landwarrior now have the WE M4 listed as 'out of stock' so the initial shipment must have been all taken by pre-orders! I wonder if any other UK retailers will start stocking it? I hope so.

For those of you who can wait & want warranty services, then may be you can help (us & yourself) by spreading the words around to your respective country's retailers that they should inquire directly with us so they can obtain the exclusive WETTI-AFC Custom version of the rifle, as well as full factory support on parts & accessories.

Once the dealership is established, further WE products (e.g. SCAR) can be pre-ordered & be in hands of customers as soon as they're released. (*remember WETTI has full priority over any Taiwanese 'toy exporters' on stock & production) That is a fact. :)

Just wait a bit for the new 'power modules' options (very accurate fps rates) from a 3-rd party manufacturer the we just endorsed. I'll have more info. here when their products hit the market.

400 FPS please

Also, any word on higher capacity magazines?

Informative as always mate.

I wonder if this technique will work with the replica DD Mk.18 rail and the barrel nut provided?

Here in the UK I know of one retailer selling RS barrel nuts so I will try one of those too with the replica rail (I don't know if there is anything special about the RS DD Mk.18 barrel nut though)

On another note, Landwarrior now have the WE M4 listed as 'out of stock' so the initial shipment must have been all taken by pre-orders! I wonder if any other UK retailers will start stocking it? I hope so.

I managed to buy one today, although I had not pre-ordered, so there were some spare.

I know tacticalquartermaster is going to be stocking them if he does not already have them listed - worth dropping him a mail as he said on the 2nd of Feb that he was just waiting for UKARA registration to start selling them and expected to do so within a week. If I remember corectly he said they would be £320.

Otto - Thanks for the info on the handguards, think I will go for the magpul.

Also WETTI, I have to agree with Kraut, a 50 rd mag would be nice.

Edited by Lughnasadhuk
I managed to buy one today, although I had not pre-ordered, so there were some spare.

I know tacticalquartermaster is going to be stocking them if he does not already have them listed - worth dropping him a mail as he said on the 2nd of Feb that he was just waiting for UKARA registration to start selling them and expected to do so within a week. If I remember corectly he said they would be £320.

I checked Tactical Quartermaster and while he has some spares, no rifle yet I'm afraid. Thanks though, I'll keep an eye out.

You must have got yours early in the day because I checked early afternoon and they were all gone!

thank you for catching that. Mag itself holds 30 rounds and 2 pre-loaded in the chamber so the user will actually get a full 30 rounds out of the mag instead of 28.

I am pretty solid with my information of these rifle as you can see from the post from WE. No hot air here. I just may not have every little detail known..

if 2 are chambered wouldn't you get a double fire? I can see the logic in 30+1,1 in chamber and 30 in mag, but have ahard time following 2 prechambered

I am really struggling to obtain some real steel mil-spec Magpul kit in the UK and none of the US suppliers will ship out of the country. Specifically OD versions of the MOE hand guard, MOE stock and MOE MIAD full kit. Any suggestions/offers would be appreciated. Can a civilian parcel this stuff up and send it to me or would that also be restricted under US law?

Have you tried Midway uk.

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/ebrowse.exe/b...60+***+8807+***

And Southern Gun Company.

http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/

You can usually get hold of what you need from either of these suppliers.

Also if you are desperate there are these guy's although they are not the cheapest.

http://www.tacticalsense.com/category.php~...R10+PARTS~.html

Have you tried Midway uk.

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/ebrowse.exe/b...60+***+8807+***

And Southern Gun Company.

http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/

You can usually get hold of what you need from either of these suppliers.

Also if you are desperate there are these guy's although they are not the cheapest.

http://www.tacticalsense.com/category.php~...R10+PARTS~.html

Thanks for the info. I have tried Midway and SGC, didn't know about tacticalsense but no luck there either. Guess I will just have to wait for now.

From what I've learned, PGC will have their 50-rounder out pretty soon.

As mentioned yesterday I have just finished putting together some information on the particular bolt stop issue I experienced. The best option is to download my PDF using the link below (if you are a Gundam fan the main site is pretty cool too ;)):

WE Gas Magazine Bolt Stop Catch Fix.pdf

If for some reason you don't have a PDF Reader I have provided a summary below.

Important Notes

• The magazine bolt stop catch will be down and free to move when the magazine is loaded
  • The stock screws are easily damaged so take extra care with screwdrivers
  • The magazine bolt stop catch switch is plastic so take extra care not to over tighten and damage to part

Instructions

Step 1 - Using a small flat blade screwdriver carefully slide the magazine base plate to the rear of the magazine

Step 2 - Using a small cross head screwdriver carefully unscrew the single screw positioned at the rear of the magazine

Step 3 - Holding the magazine outer case in one hand push the inner magazine up with your other thumb

Step 4 - Pull the inner magazine out of the outer case

Step 5 - Using a small cross head screwdriver VERY carefully check the two screws on the switch are secured. Remember that this switch is only plastic so don't over tighten

Step 6 - Using some long nose pliers pinch the top edges of the back two outer case guide channels on the same side as the switch and magazine lock

Step 7 - Visually check that the very top edges of the guide channels are now flat. It is very important that you do not affect the shape of the outer case or you may cause issues with loading and unloading a magazine

Step 8 - Re-assemble the magazine in reverse order checking that you now have full and free movement of the bolt stop catch and the switch

I hope this helps. If I got anything wrong or you have any other feedback at all let me know :)

Edited by Marky [UE]
From what I've learned, PGC will have their 50-rounder out pretty soon.

If correct, I would say that is some very positive news for the WE M4 :D

If PGC are producing accessories I'm pretty positive that the other major players are taking notice too, which hopefully will mean more options and aftermarket support.

Edited by chris u'5
^ No problem guys.

We are trying to add a section at the wiki post for which airsoft parts fit (or can be made to fit) the WE M4.

Real Steel accessories fit the WE - but many airsoft accessories do not. Still weeding out the info.

Well to be a little more specific, so far RS pistol grips, handguards/delta rings and mil spec stock assemblies work so far. Can't see any other RS stuff to put onto the WE except maybe accessories for the rails and scopes.

Well to be a little more specific, so far RS pistol grips, handguards/delta rings and mil spec stock assemblies work so far. Can't see any other RS stuff to put onto the WE except maybe accessories for the rails and scopes.

To be honest I think you are actually being quite unspecific

Personally I feel an article documenting user experience of both RS and airsoft parts would be extremely helpful.

To be honest I think you are actually being quite unspecific

Personally I feel an article documenting user experience of both RS and airsoft parts would be extremely helpful.

I hear you Chris.

If possible, I need people to PM me with what RIS units they have installed. Just a quick PM and note if the stock Barrel Nut was used, if it fits tightly, or wobbly. Just the basics.

Ill complile it for the WIKI post. And if possible, send your one best pic of your modded WE - we are discussing doing a users gallery just for modded WE M4's. You guys have posted some nice pics, so email your best photo.

Brian,

there are some "real steel" parts/accessories other thans stocks and grips that fit and add a touch of realism to the gun including, ejection port doors, gas blocks, front sights, safety selectors, fancy charging handles, receiver end plates, different buffer tubes, etc.

Im working on it.

Yep, we saw it.

And we really dont want to go in that direction.

Its just way way waaaay too much.

Its as much fun as reading a New York City phone book (too dense and repetitive).

I wrote in the wiki post last week...

Real Steel versus Airsfoft accessories - compatibilty. Wiki.

Now, as for what AIRSOFT parts work (or can be made to work), that would be far easier to do. And since there are only 3-4 types of RIS units that are in style right now, its a piece of cake.

I want to streamline the collective info into something easy to digest. Just about all the freefloat RIS systems use the same mounting, so why list (for instance) 4 different Knights RIS units?? They are all the same, essentially.

And why list an ARMS sight mount fitting an ARMS SIR rail? We know that fits. They are both made by the same manufacturer and are companion pieces.

That sort of thing.

We are just looking for something a little more "field guide simple" rather than compiling a data base. That could go on forever.

Edited by rottenotto