WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I see guys thanks for the info , but I still don´t understand which is the function of the charging handle lock.But Horsem4n if you recommend me not to use it I won´t use it xD.Thanks man!

Vercingetorix can you give me a link or pm me? I´m very interested in what you are to talking about but are you sure about compatibilities?

Thanks

This page: http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction...mp;Category=204

Dunno if they fit, but I'd think they would, or at least could be minimaly modded with say a drill or dremel to fit at the most.

I am pretty sure you can fit em to AEGs, and I am almost positive they fit as drop ins for PTWs and WAs

Edited by Vercingetorix
Shown are prototypes, all tested on my personal weapon yesterday during skirmish. Works great without any issues all day. The bolt catch is particularly sweet!! Well..... everything's VERY sweet ... & I ain't giving these back!!!

T.S. Custom is now a WETTI-approved 3rd-party custom manufacturer of after-market improvement parts for WE's products.

OK, here's what T.S. Custom will be releasing very shortly (starting next week ):

(1) Steel hammer + steel disconnector set

(2) Steel match triggers (in 2-3 different styles)

(3) Anti-rotation pins (2 types) - these actually work to prevent the trigger set front pin from loosening due to vibration. A must-have item!!

(4) Steel ambidextrous safety - just lovely!!

(5) Trigger guards (2-3 styles) - drop in replacement, very comfy!!

(6) Totally-redesigned bolt catch for the magazine (drop-in replacement) - we're especially excited about this!! This thing assures 100% bolt lock after last round by providing a 'flat' , larger contact surface with the bolt, thus eliminating the chance of any wear on both contact areas. These will come in 3-packs & will costs less than USD10.00/pack

(7) Selected copies of the counter-weighted M4 spring guides (2 versions) - these will 'increase' as well as 'solidify' the recoil feeling of the gun. Depending on the power level of your gun, one of these versions will give optimized result.

(8) Custom lower receivers in different markings (either laser or engraved) - all anodized finished. Rumored designated markings incl. "DD", "MK18 Mod0", "Stag Arms", etc... (feel free to give suggestions here, people )

(9) CNC upper & lower receivers set(s) in T-7075 aircraft-grade aluminum - No speculations here, but I'm getting serial # 0001 on the style I want. I'll leave this as a VERY, VERY pleasant surprise to everyone later on!

http://g.imagehost.org/0685/temp_11.jpg

http://g.imagehost.org/0924/temp_10.jpg

http://g.imagehost.org/0678/temp_9.jpg

http://g.imagehost.org/0069/temp_8.jpg

http://f.imagehost.org/0103/temp_7.jpg

http://g.imagehost.org/0822/temp_1.jpg

http://g.imagehost.org/0509/temp_1.jpg

Wetti also for number#8: a lower with Bushmaster markings would be nice!(could it be possible to get personalisable serial numbers on the receivers?)

Wow, those aftermarket parts truly make the WA versus WE debate even more interesting. I was about to commit to a G&P WAM4 given the wobble fix and the new PGC mags, but this changes things entirely.

This is only the beginning! ;)

Edited by WETTI

@Horsem4n: Thanks for the info mate , now i´m pretty sure I will not use it.

@MarkSCU: Also thanks a lot for the info Mark will contact AB, even if I got to buy a new charging handle it´s not too much money, but got a problem I can´t go through shipping services because it puts me 1 error found, I think I´m not the only one with this problem.

@Vercingetorix: Nice items!!! thanks and they are very cheap now if someone knows about compatibility.

WETTI as you are from WE brand in my opinion you should give some advice and support for this problem that as they have said it´s not only mine.

Best regards guys.

Edited by Countfloyd
@Horsem4n: Thanks for the info mate , now i´m pretty sure I will not use it.

I was able to use mine for a long time by stretching a rubber band over the back of the handle and over the front of the upper receiver. I should for the most part prevent the charging handle from moving back on its own while the bolt is cycling.

which parts would you guys recommend I pick up as an "in case it breaks" scenario?

Part #42 is basically a drop-in fit in most cases. Getting to the stock part is pretty easy, but you're probably going to need a pair of vise grips and needle nose pliers. It should bring your muzzle velocity down substantially if your WE is shooting 400+ FPS, and it's the only thing to reduce FPS as far as I know.

If you're bolt catch isn't steel, you're going to want a new one of those as well. Besides that you should be fine for a long while. You may want to get a few replacement o-rings (part #122), but if you polish the opening of the BB cylinder and keep the nozzle assembly tight and straight you should be okay without. Look here for a great sum-up of this thread.

;)

^ Hi Chris

To answer your question about the small bb for the hop....

I always dreaded being in the shoes you are now - trying to come up with another bb that will work.

First, if you indeed lost it,....William sells the replacement part on his AB site as MANY people have lost it swapping out their barrels.

If I had to "make do" with something around the house? I would take apart the smallest sealed bearing I could find - rollerblade or smaller. Sealed or not. Just cannibalize the bb's inside.

The inner ball bearings have to be ridiculously tiny.

It will suck not having the original to compare to, but you will see the hole drilled in the inner barrel - test fit there. Again its SMALL.

As for the last page and a Bike Shop product called "Krytek" or something like that, it is likely the same as many of the bike shop lubes. It contains >some< Krytox but very little - since it is soooooo expensive in pure form.

Im sure it will work fine. As will any good lube applied there (op rod).

The Krytox is a bit overkill, but I use it because it has outstanding cold temp performance. It just laughs at the frosted inners of the WE when it cools way down.

WETTI

Dont tease with those photos - get them to market FAST! :P

Im still astonished why the aftermarket isnt all over this opportunity of making/selling upgraded parts.

And to all the "quitters" who sold their WE M4's, what a shame. Hang in there, anybody struggling with bugs.... this gun will be a world beater by summer.

Edited by rottenotto
NO update yet as of now; but the factory ppl are indeed working on it. One good news: I've already gotten inquiry by several barrel makers to start making afrer-market 'ultra precision' barrels for our new hop-up system. One of them is EDgi :)

EdGI does make pretty decent barrels, hopefully you'll allow him to sell it independently as well. These are the things i need to be able to use this on the field

1. Power Down kits to make it shoot around 400fps

2. 50 rounders or higher cap mags

3. New hop chamber

Although I think I have to wait until june-july before i'll ever use this in an actual game..

I was able to use mine for a long time by stretching a rubber band over the back of the handle and over the front of the upper receiver. I should for the most part prevent the charging handle from moving back on its own while the bolt is cycling.

Looks like a temporal solution , thanks for the info! any pic there?

Regards

WETTI: Earlier AR15-era bodies and conversion kits would be very welcome as well as pre-made Vietnam War-era XM177E1 and M16A1 rifles (a lot of airsoft re-enactors like myself would love to have these guns). PGC is supposed to manufacture 20-round sized magazines as well as 30 round mags (that hold 50 bb's) and they would be appropriate for the era.

WETTI: Earlier AR15-era bodies and conversion kits would be very welcome as well as pre-made Vietnam War-era XM177E1 and M16A1 rifles (a lot of airsoft re-enactors like myself would love to have these guns). PGC is supposed to manufacture 20-round sized magazines as well as 30 round mags (that hold 50 bb's) and they would be appropriate for the era.

Amen !

Thanks WETTI, I'll try mailing Socom Gear.

Sweet news on that new bho lever. And about the lever, mine seems to have killed itself while I was overly fascinated about its function, and no more than a day old to boot. I found that the lever engaged against the bolt with such little area that both surfaces eventually became rounded and would slip, failing to catch on empty unless I physically pull the lever outwards. The parts are small so my camera wouldn't help, though I did sketch up almost exactly how little the two parts met. Was wondering if this part failure happened to anyone else.

N4bolt.jpg

The area shaded in red is only about 1.5~2 square mm. I've already gone and fixed this by welding the lever and building it up so that a whole lot more material would come into contact. Its working great for now, but I'd still buy that aftermarket lever to be sure.

Diemaco L119A1 SFW kits or ready-made carbiens would make just about one out of three UK kitter cream their pants. The rest would be had if you could make a GBB L85A2, but that market is probably saturated at the moment with the AEGs.

I would have said 1 in 2...

HK416/417 would be nice but for now it's the MP5 that has my attension.

I know I'm lazy but I've read through all the pages and don't want to again but I don't remeber if any one asked this before but has anyone successfully installed this dboys mk18 knock off ris on their WE M4. Please I'm just looking for a yes or no not a your a cheap a@$. LOL. Thanks

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1929