WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

wow thanks for the very informative reply. that took some weight off my back.

They said they would be shipping TNT, so would that make diff about which side of country it comes in at?

is there a chance it will be here in a week?

Avoid TNT at all costs!!! They're a well known company to have dubious (at best) business practices. They often deliver your product (slower than EMS too), and then two to six months later they'll mail you a bill saying you owe them "US Customs Charges". What are those charges for? Well if you do enough digging, you find out that they charged you for the possibility of having to deal with US customs (which is essentially a one page form, which they 90% of the time don't have to do). BTW, you can tell when customs actually inspects your package as they will wrap your package in neon green customs inspection tape. I had two separate rifles sent from UN Co. over a two month period by TNT and there was no customs tape on it what so ever. About 6 and 4 months after receiving the packages, out of the blue from TNT, I received two bills for each package, $55 for one and $65 for the other, for US Customs processing. I flat out refused to pay it, but many do cave in and pay up.

So why do airsoft companies use TNT? Because it costs them less, however they charge you the same rates as EMS and pocket the excess. Whenever I order from HK, I always specifiy that they are not to use TNT. EMS only. EMS do not try to rape you with BS overages. Whatever charges you get upon receiving your package is it.

Not sure how this applies to the guys in the UK, but this is a common occurrence with US buyers and TNT.

I highly recommend you try and get in contact with TMC and request that they use EMS instead.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Avoid TNT at all costs!!! They're a well known company to have dubious (at best) business practices. They often deliver your product (slower than EMS too), and then two to six months later they'll mail you a bill saying you owe them "US Customs Charges". What are those charges for? Well if you do enough digging, you find out that they charged you for the possibility of having to deal with US customs (which is essentially a one page form, which they 90% of the time don't have to do). BTW, you can tell when customs actually inspects your package as they will wrap your package in neon green customs inspection tape. I had two separate rifles sent from UN Co. over a two month period by TNT and there was no customs tape on it what so ever. About 6 and 4 months after receiving the packages, out of the blue from TNT, I received two bills for each package, $55 for one and $65 for the other, for US Customs processing. I flat out refused to pay it, but many do cave in and pay up.

So why do airsoft companies use TNT? Because it costs them less, however they charge you the same rates as EMS and pocket the excess. Whenever I order from HK, I always specifiy that they are not to use TNT. EMS only. EMS do not try to rape you with BS overages. Whatever charges you get upon receiving your package is it.

Not sure how this applies to the guys in the UK, but this is a common occurrence with US buyers and TNT.

I highly recommend you try and get in contact with TMC and request that they use EMS instead.

wow xo u know what airsoft buddy uses? i didnt have a shipping choice when i orderd

wow xo u know what airsoft buddy uses? i didnt have a shipping choice when i orderd

My teammate's WE from AirsoftBuddy was sent via HK Postal ... so EMS.

Edit: I'm not saying that if you're in the USA and get a package via TNT that they will screw you at a later date ... I'm just pointing out that (1) They're slower than EMS and you're paying around the same initial postal rate, and (2) there's a good chance that they will screw you later. So why risk it? Whenever possible, go with EMS as I have been doing for years.

Edited by uscmCorps

^ As I said, TNT sucks.

I have never had the horror stories (told above) happen to me.

They are just slow.

EMS/speedpost all the way.

When my items ship EMS, they arrive on teh eastcoast through LaGuardia Airport. They are in and out of customs in >minutes< and I have the item in 3 days from Hong Kong - guaranteed.

wow so cool.

I just emailed TMC and they were happy to change it to EMS free of charge.

Awesome customer service.

Now since I'm using EMS will the package still go through LAX if i live on West, or will there be chance for it to go through the EastCoast?

Edited by accuracy

I used mine in a skirmish for the first time yesterday.

It worked OKish :) I think, but am not 100% sure about how it operates, that as I was using it and it was cooling down a little the bolt was not cycling all the way to allow anouther BB to load so that it was not feding all the time.

It seemed to work great after lunch when I had had the mags sitting in the car windscreen warming in the sun. It also seemed to work better with rothenberger propane than it did with abbey ultra.

I am out again next Saturday so I may try carrying the mags in a utlility with a hand warmer and see how that works. This thing definately has potential for warmer months and CO2 though.

I did seem to have a slight prob with one mag. The casing keeps slipping off from the internals by about 5mm and this causes the valves to leak. Need to have a look at that and see how it should stay together and if there is anything I can d to fix it.

Will let you all know how the mags and a handwarmer work.

I also think I will need a minimum of 6 mags to skirmish this effectively.

wow so cool.

I just emailed TMC and they were happy to change it to EMS free of charge.

Awesome customer service.

Now since I'm using EMS will the package still go through LAX if i live on West, or will there be chance for it to go through the EastCoast?

They'll go through LAX. When TMC sends you the tracking info, go to USPS.com and punch in the numbers. Because USPS handles packages sent via EMS on this side, they keep track of it on their end too, (your local postal worker actually does the delivery). Upon giving you the tracking number, it may take 24 hours for it to register on USPS's end. Once you start tracking the package, the first page USPS gives you will be the most current tracking info. Click on the "Additional Details" link and you'll be able to see the package's step by step progress through the entire system including going inbound and outbound with customs.

This doesn't just happen with airsoft. I've had numerous coworkers import Japanese Toys from Japan and Hong Kong using TNT and got hit by the same bills (the follow-up bill from TNT seemed to either go by size of the package, or the amount claimed, or the description of contents ... there was no clear cut formula).

We used our M4s for the first time in game yesterday too .

Worked perfectly as long as we kept the mags warm as we were in a very cold warehouse !

The hop is super aggresive but some 0.28s sorted that and it shot straight as an arrow

Nice to hear everything ran smoothly for you. I don't have enough mags to run a full event yet (and I think I want a bunch of Co2 mags anyway) but I will be testing at Catterick later this month.

What gas did you try?

I assume that would be 3 shot burst/semi as opposed to rattling full mags off?

Do you know what temp it was?

Thanks,

Mark

hasnt someone from Airsoft buddy posted here quite a bit?

Seems AB has disappeared completely a while ago. People are not getting their stuff and there's been no responses to any of our emails. I've ordered some spare parts (nothing expensive) from him early last month and I've heard nothing of the items or any responses to my emails. Hopefully it's just something temporary (like William getting sick or something)...

Since his store is pretty much a one-man show and for months (from the beginning) he's been 100% reliable, so I'd have some patience and wait a while.

Well I ordered my AFC M4 about three weeks ago now and I still dont have the item. This was all from Airsoft Buddy. What the hell?

I ordered a new Power Tune Up Kit with a new part#42 3 weeks ago. The package was supposed to arrive before February 15 but never arrived.The Thursday of the next week, William told me he would ship it out once again but with EMS this time.Since then, I have no news and no parts...

It really sucks too, because I needed that outer barrel from the upper that I ordered. I somehow managed to get a suppressor stuck on mine at the CQB length. I don't know if it seized up, or what. I don't think it cross threaded, because it went on normally. The only way to get it off was with vice grips, and it took the threads with it. I guess I'm SOL until Wetti gets one of the parts centers up and running. :(

EDIT-

But on a lighter note, my WE MEU with a neoprene flat washer on the guide has pumped out about 500 rounds, with no sign of any wear and tear whatsoever. No breakage. YAY! :)

Edited by devilstar2k2

I ordered my original M4 from AB and the service at that time was fantastic. However, I placed an order at the beginning of February for some parts and after several emails I have had no response. I have unfortunately been forced to raise a dispute but I really don't want to escalate this to a claim.

I really hope William is ok but that doesn't help the immediate situation for everyone with outstanding orders. Mine is for $35 but many others are for far more and I hope this turns out well. Even if these orders are now fulfilled I expect the damage to the reputation of AB may be significant.

Agreed here...

I got a bill about 2 months after the package arrived....

EMS all the way which then goes thru the USPS in the US.

Fast delivery and pretty accurate...and NO surprises after delivery.

I have ordered stuff since 2004 from HK and EMS has never been an issue.

^ As I said, TNT sucks.

I have never had the horror stories (told above) happen to me.

They are just slow.

EMS/speedpost all the way.

When my items ship EMS, they arrive on teh eastcoast through LaGuardia Airport. They are in and out of customs in >minutes< and I have the item in 3 days from Hong Kong - guaranteed.

It is with a heavy heart i post this comment about Airsoft Buddy.

I ordered my M4 when they were first released and had to send many emails to get confirmation of my order. I had several replies saying it had been shipped at different dates and a one apologising for not shipping it at all.

6 Weeks later i recieved a tracking number via email and found out that it had been in the UK for a while awaiting inspection from customs. If i'd had the tracking number when i first asked i could have had it released from customs much ealier than the three weeks it took.

I've just ordered the steel parts so that it can run without breaking (surely the common parts for the original M4's that break should be free?) and i've had no reply.

I seems that only the people that post on the forums get noticed so here i am recommending that any new customers buy from someone else at least untill AB can sort their communication out.

Sorry guys.

Snake

Edited by SnakeHT