WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

is there a kind of grease i can get for this gun at the local hardware store that would work well?

I have a tube of Super Lube , Synthetic grease with Synocolon(PTFE) /teflon. dielectric

Go to the wiki post...

Lubrication of the WE M4

Available everywhere online for $5.00-7.00

Shooters Choice Grease

Go to the wiki post...

Lubrication of the WE M4

Available everywhere online for $5.00-7.00

Shooters Choice Grease

yeah i read that, but i should be getting my gun tomorrow and maybe this would last me until i buy something like the krytox stuff or shooters choice.

I was wondering if this super lube, that i hear good thing about for AEG mechboxes, would be sufficient since i already have a tube.

according to super-lubes MSDS it includes:

Synthetic Hydrocarbon

Hydro treated polymer

anti-oxidant

fumed silica

thermal stabilizer

polytetrafluorethylene

polyglycol

proprietary additives

and i don't see petroleum on the list.

Edited by accuracy

its not very great for an airseal. but it has good contact area.

the 6.02 chrome plated barrels sound nice though.

doesnt look like youll need a new chamber either. just the new bucking and barrel.

Edited by Horsem4n
WETTI, You touched on it briefly previously (and I understand if you can't go into much detail) but is this rifle receiving much interest among the military/LE community as a training tool? Does WE genuinely believe their rifle has a role to play in this area and are you actively pursuing this market? Kind regards, Chris

Hi Chris,

(1) Here's a few pics & vid from Chile: The Chilean Army had just tested the AWSS M4 as a legitimate force-on-force training platform for their current training program.

Chile_2a.jpg

Chile_1a.jpg

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmGhR0ccDhg

(2) The Oregon (USA) police dept. has purchased a batch of WE AWSS M4 for internal training purposes.

(3) The U.S. Army is currently going into phase 2 of their evaluation process with regard to the WE AWSS training platform.

WETTI

The mags will come in a few 'factory-preset' power configurations. Initial figures range from 550fps - 700fps (not confirmed for final release versions)

That blows... Any chance of a 328 / 350 FPS (0.2g) version?

WETTI, I have held off buying additional mags to wait for your CO2 mags to arrive. I also need my magazines to operate at around 350/370 FPS using 0.28g. Please could you confirm if this configuration will be available/possible? Will a user be able to change these 'factory-preset' power configurations? How would one do this? Can the power be 'dialled' in on the field?

Thanks in advance.

You know that's the same as firing a 0.2g beeb at ~415FPS, right? I don't know of any sites in the UK that would allow you to use a semi or full auto weapon at that speed... :/

doh! you are of course correct so I do need to correct my requirements to max 370fps using 0.20g :rolleyes: