WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

WETTI, I have held off buying additional mags to wait for your CO2 mags to arrive. I also need my magazines to operate at around 350/370 FPS using 0.28g. Please could you confirm if this configuration will be available/possible? Will a user be able to change these 'factory-preset' power configurations? How would one do this? Can the power be 'dialled' in on the field?

Thanks in advance.

(1) 350/370 FPS using 0.28g is a definitely possibility (even though I cannot promise anything right now). But there'll definitely be a 'low power' version of the CO2 mag for release.

(2) All CO2 mags are 'factory-preset' & NOT user-adjustable at all (for obvious reasons). We STRONGLY discourage any kind of tempering with the internals to try mod-ing for different outputs. This is, afterall, compressed CO2 we're working with here; which has extremely high pressure output in the raw...so any mishap while tinkling with it will risk possible serious injuries. I said it here & I'll say it again: DON'T DO IT, period.

WETTI

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

eep. 550-700? I was hoping we could dial it in to somewhere around 390 fps with .2s (in between the Taiwan and Hong Kong green gas versions). I like c02 better than green gas :(

Me too!! I do believe that you'll have your wish granted in this matter. ;) I, myself, will like to have all my mags in that range as well. :P

I have no access to Shooter's Choice Silicone Grease over here in Indonesia. However, there is a huge supply of Silicone Grease used for scuba diving equipment. Would this be an acceptable replacement to Shooter's Choice?

Basically, are all Silicone Grease made the same?

Edited by jesTer

I noticed that too. The prototype pics have the steel nozzles with fully open floating nozzles. Lower settings are likely to be achieved with the restricted one. As much as I'm delighted in hearing the potential that CO2 set has, I realize I'll have fewer places to be able to use them in other than shooting paper.

And a little contribution on my part. The Dboys M203 (3-in-1) launcher fits using the G&P attachment although you have to grind down some material on the bracket to make it properly QD.

N4M203.jpg

100_1242.jpg

Edited by renegadecow

I've got my real steel charging handle a few days ago and today I modified it using a distant bolt with thread:

http://www.rm-computertechnik.de/Shop/pict...ssengewinde.jpg

You may ask why I used this instead of a normal screw.. I thought it would work better with a

hexagon head where a normal screw has a round head..

here the finished charging handle:

1hg5c.jpg

2bev6.jpg

Edited by Carsten

Another new part submitted by T.S. Custom for review. Works excellent, I must say!! Using it on our stock buffer spring, running top (green) gas on a 380-395fps gun, the 'felt recoil' is significantly increased. The counter weight inside is ~37 grams & operates very smoothly. An excellent product! :)

DSC1828.jpg

DSC1829.jpg

P1030064.jpg

Edited by WETTI

Just went to T.S. Custom's workshop this evening & saw some 'experimental objects'.... I guess I would share with you guys here! ;)

Pls note: I was told that this is by all means NOT what T.S. Custom will be releasing shortly, but just a showcase of what their capability is (they did this one for fun, FCOL!!! :o ). What they'll be offering in the next little while, I can assure you it would be quite earth-shaking!! I simply can't wait.... :P

temp_1.jpg

temp_2.jpg

temp_3.jpg

temp_4.jpg

temp_5.jpg

temp_6.jpg

temp_7.jpg

Dislodged o-ring perhaps? Happens sometimes on handgun mags, why not on a rifle.

EDIT:

VVV

Depends on what floating valve is installed which would set its power output. Right now there are two kinds (high and low). If from where you're gonna buy your M4 says it shoots 330~350 then that's the low one and is what you're looking for. There are also self implemented modifications you could do to further restrict the power like jamming something behind the floating valve effectively making its opening smaller. I just inserted a 5mm x 1.5mm o-ring in mine as I can't open up my nozzle to change the floating valve and its brought my gun from 500+ fps to just about 400. Down side is that this method slightly decreases felt recoil.

Edited by renegadecow

Okay, so I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I really can't read all 140+ pages of this thread(got through about 70 ;) ). I'm really close to purchasing a WE M4, but the problem is I'm worried about the FPS. Now people have said it's 450-500 or 390-440ish. AirsoftBuddy says 330-350, some guys chronoed at 430 etc.

I can't use it unless it's below 370 due to field regulations etc. Is there any possible way to get it down in FPS? Alternate versions etc?

The problem with Gas in Mag is that FPS will vary due to temperature. The WE is meant for propane or higher so using 134A/Duster will not work. The lower FPS stated is with the restricted nozzle. During winter, spring and late fall you should be within your field limits. I believe the stated FPS on the websites are taken @ room temp.

Your best bet is to wait for the CO2 mags and CO2 bundle to be released. With the restricted nozzle and lower power regulated mags you should be able to play year round.