WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I'm sure there are a million different variations on power levels that we all require.

I think its a bit unfair to ask the manufacturer to accomodate them all.

I'm sure the after market parts suppliers will get around to making a new nozzle part that will suit the myriad of peoples power needs.

Just remember, "you can't please everyone, all of the time".

I think the 350 and 500 brackets are more than acceptable from a manufacturer, with maybe 3 or 4 variables from after market sources.

We have to remember, this is still very new to the market.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I'm sure there are a million different variations on power levels that we all require.

I think its a bit unfair to ask the manufacturer to accomodate them all.

I'm sure the after market parts suppliers will get around to making a new nozzle part that will suit the myriad of peoples power needs.

Just remember, "you can't please everyone, all of the time".

I think the 350 and 500 brackets are more than acceptable from a manufacturer, with maybe 3 or 4 variables from after market sources.

We have to remember, this is still very new to the market.

Thank you for your kind understanding!! ;) But we'll for sure listen & try to accommodate what seems to be the most desired option(s) out there. After all, it's consumers like you guys who'll make us grow as a manufacturer, & for that WE thank you!! xiexie.gif

Thank you for your kind understanding!! ;) But we'll for sure listen & try to accommodate what seems to be the most desired option(s) out there. After all, it's consumers like you guys who'll make us grow as a manufacturer, & for that WE thank you!! xiexie.gif

And everyone here is very grateful that you're listening WETTI :D

Personally I feel this opportunity is very unique and quite exciting for us as a community but as you correctly stated it is also an opportunity for your company to grow (unfortunately other airsoft companies don't think like you!)

Edited by chris u'5

Well, if you think about it logically (and I say this from my experience with Tanaka Gas Rifles), there are many variables within a gas system to allow you to fine tune your stick to your particular requirement.

I'm not sure about across the globe, but I don't think many places skirmish with fall auto over 500fps (I might be wrong...).

So if WE provide nozzles for the power regions of 350 and 500 and the after market sources like TS (for example) provide nozzles for the power regions of 328, 375, 415 and 460 for instance, you can then use different gases to tune that up or down.

We already know that you get about 50fps variance from using HFC134 (now I know the WE M4 is not designed to use it, but people have reported favourable results with it) through Propane/Green all the way to CO2.

So with that in mind, you can see that you can cover all the way from down as low as 300(ish) through to over 500fps, which I am sure is suitable for most people.

This is exactly how I used to tune Tanaka's. Now obviously I didn't have the CO2 option (this was a while ago, now its possible), but I only needed two different nozzle diameters to vary the power of them from a lowly 350fps all the way through to over 600fps (weather dependant).

You might not be able to get your desired fps on your desired gas meduim, but you can at least get close.

Edited by The Chef

Small update on mine.

I have attached a Grenade launcher to mine and it now looks bad a**! Photos later.

I have purchased a propane adaptor and propane tanks and plan to try to field it today (abut 50-60 degrees). Green gas works, but there is too much silicone and after 3 mags there is silicone seeping out of the body. Being able to add just a small amount of silicone to the propane should be less messy. So far my 4 mags are holding gas fine. The slight leaks the first day have disappeared.

I absolutely HATE the hop up. I tore it down yesterday, cleand the barrel of excess silcone, and put it back together. The ball bearing hop up is retarded. On full hop my .25g go about 100 feet straight before dropping. Every now and then one will over hop and actually go up.

With the hop up all the way off .2g BBs rocket to the skies after about 60 feet. The hopup setup definitely needs to be revised.

Once a proper AEG hop up is used with standard AEG barrels I will be super happy and whoever makes it will have lots more money in their pocket. :)

yesterday I had my first game with this rifle.. due to the outside temperature ( my car thermometer said 0 - 1°C ) I basically had a spring - GBB, since I had to pull the charging handle after every shot..

the bolt carrier wasnt able to get back far enough to load a new BB into "the chamber"..

Would a weaker part #92 ( buffer spring ) allow the bolt carrier to make a full cycle and load a BB even at lower temperatures or is the gas simply not able to get the nozzle out of the chamber?

1o38q.jpg

I have my first material losses, too

2orwb.jpg

one "loading lip" on a magazine broke.. I don't know how, maybe the mag touched ground..somehow ;)

I interchanged the lips with my V1 mag (which is not holding the gas very good) so that I have a working mag again..

I can imagine that this prob will happens again, so.. what about spare mag lips,.. maybe in packs of 3?!

Something else broke on another mag as you can see on this pic.. but it doesn't affect anything so far

3qs2s.jpg

yesterday I had my first game with this rifle.. due to the outside temperature ( my car thermometer said 0 - 1°C ) I basically had a spring - GBB, since I had to pull the charging handle after every shot..

the bolt carrier wasnt able to get back far enough to load a new BB into "the chamber"..

Would a weaker part #92 ( buffer spring ) allow the bolt carrier to make a full cycle and load a BB even at lower temperatures or is the gas simply not able to get the nozzle out of the chamber?

I did some outdoor tests yesterday too, not too sure of the exact temperature though (between 4>6 degrees c). I had similar results after a few mag refills. The first mags were fine but everything was warmer then obviously. The aluminium bolt carrier may help in this situation as the rifle was still producing the required fps (350>370). That being said I heard that the aluminium bolt carrier has caused some issues under warm operating conditions due to it being too quick. I also heard that this part was a limited (40) run and may not be repeated. I would be very interested in trying the carrier and buffer spring options but the CO2 mags might also provide a workable solution. I really want to keep the recoil though which makes solutions a bit more difficult.

Something else broke on another mag as you can see on this pic.. but it doesn't affect anything so far

I managed to break this part off when one of my mags managed to take a very light hit on the ground. The material used here is way too brittle! It should have been more than up to handling this low height accident. As you have mentioned it doesn't seem to cause any issues, but it's still upsetting.

Edited by Marky [UE]

Mine too, well, just a crack on one mag but wear on my two others. I found that the force of the bolt locking back eventually bends the bho lever enough for a part of it to make contact with the top of the mag. As it gets more and more bent, it hammers down on the mag and will eventually just crack that portion which is very brittle to begin with.

And I hope that TS custom takes major credit cards.

EDIT:

To WTTI

I've observed that theres plenty of play from the rear most position of the bolt to the point where it actually locks against the bho lever. This would mean that the bolt, upon returning home, would pick up some momentum before being stopped by the lever and would cause more wear on all the parts involved. I've experimented on handguns in that making the same play as small as possible (using recoil buffers) brings the wear on the latch and the slide to almost nil. You might want to discuss this with the 'boys' about experimenting on this as it may mean having longer lasting guns. I'm actually gonna try rebuilding material on my bolt carrier myself as it currently just progressively keeps getting chewed out by the bho lever which I've reinforced earlier.

Edited by renegadecow

I gassed up my gun for the first time and it worked very well, leaky at first but it soon sealed itself up as expected.

The first magazine i took the gun through surprised me because of how many shots i could get off with one charge.

I had filled the magazine up again and i spent half of it however, I was exhausted so i went went to sleep leaving about 3/4 magazine still filled over night for about 6 hours.

When i woke up it i guessed that some of the gas must have leaked out or something because i only managed to pull off 10 shots before depleted.

Now for some reason i try to charge the magazine with my propane adapter and it will only fill the magazine for about 3 seconds and then stop because it feels like it's full. I can only shoot like 6-10 rounds before it runs out of gas.

Any ideas?

Only thing i did to the mag was spray the fill nozzle with a bit of silicone, and put a bit of lube on the gasket thing where the gas comes out of.

i just bought a brand new propane bottle and the temperature here is 70F/21C

Edited by accuracy
Mine too, well, just a crack on one mag but wear on my two others. I found that the force of the bolt locking back eventually bends the bho lever enough for a part of it to make contact with the top of the mag. As it gets more and more bent, it hammers down on the mag and will eventually just crack that portion which is very brittle to begin with.

And I hope that TS custom takes major credit cards.

EDIT:

To WTTI

I've observed that theres plenty of play from the rear most position of the bolt to the point where it actually locks against the bho lever. This would mean that the bolt, upon returning home, would pick up some momentum before being stopped by the lever and would cause more wear on all the parts involved. I've experimented on handguns in that making the same play as small as possible (using recoil buffers) brings the wear on the latch and the slide to almost nil. You might want to discuss this with the 'boys' about experimenting on this as it may mean having longer lasting guns. I'm actually gonna try rebuilding material on my bolt carrier myself as it currently just progressively keeps getting chewed out by the bho lever which I've reinforced earlier.

Thank you 'renegadecow'!! You kind suggestions noted & yes, I'll be discuss the matters with my factory people. :)

TS Customs is now opperational, already made an order for some new bolt stops and counter weights :). Hopefully they will have the new hop-up/barrels in soon.

BTW, do the new hop-up systems come with a new adjustment peice, or do we still have to use that tiny little silver ball?

What more can I ask mate :D

What with the DD Mk.18 rail being issued as part of the SOPMOD Block 2 kit the DD rail is and will become very popular with airsofters so I think a replica DD Mk.18 barrel nut would become a great seller.

The issue with the barrel nut and the replica rail is discussed regularly on many of the forums I visit and is a genuine concern with many people in the various communities.

Thank you for taking note of my query WETTI, I really appreciate it.

Don't tell me I didn't try... just talked to T.S. Custom & they're considering making a limited run of RS-spec. DD barrel nuts for all the DD replica rails out there. Could anyone show me some pics of the DD rails your guys purchased? There're a few Chinese manufacturers making these & I just want to make sure which ones we're dealing with here...

Thanks,

WETTI

Don't tell me I didn't try... just talked to T.S. Custom & they're considering making a limited run of RS-spec. DD barrel nuts for all the DD replica rails out there. Could anyone show me some pics of the DD rails your guys purchased? There're a few Chinese manufacturers making these & I just want to make sure which ones we're dealing with here...

Thanks,

WETTI

Mine:

MK18%20DEGOOD%201.jpg

TS Customs is now opperational, already made an order for some new bolt stops and counter weights :) . Hopefully they will have the new hop-up/barrels in soon.

BTW, do the new hop-up systems come with a new adjustment peice, or do we still have to use that tiny little silver ball?

Yes, you'll still have to use that tiny little silver ball... that's how we manage to make the new system a drop-in replacement. Btw, a VERY legitimate accuracy test by the inventor/patent owner of the AWSS yesterday confirmed that the new hop-up system is on par with most AEG system out there.

I'm very happy & excited to report this! :D

then what about Major Dutch's MK18? That's a different nut.... :unsure:

Wow WETTI!!

I didn't think this would happen so quickly, gotta say this the best news I've had in a long time :D

Yeah the nut on the replica is different but isn't that the problem?

Some of the guys who already own the replica rail and that have tried to install it will be able to help more.

Once again mate, thank you very much.

Have a drink on me :beer:

Great news on T.S. One! Good products already up there!

I think you guys misunderstood me when asking about the FPS. I don't want them to cater to everyone, I just wanted to know what parameters there tests were done under to better help me understand the replica. Sorry if this came off as me trying to get you to cater to everyone's needs.