WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I was planning on owning after reading quite a extensive review about this gun and how it can take real part. I just never dab with RS part and its good to know that I can buy them "just in case." TBH I didn't even know the rules for RS firearms besides that I need to get a permit and go through interview etc etc etc

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I was planning on owning after reading quite a extensive review about this gun and how it can take real part. I just never dab with RS part and its good to know that I can buy them "just in case." TBH I didn't even know the rules for RS firearms besides that I need to get a permit and go through interview etc etc etc

Yeah, that depends on where you live though (generally by state, but there are certain municipalities with their own rules). Again, that's only for purchasing a firearm (i.e., the lower receiver).

@slu. So as an airsofter you have never sought, used or purchased a part or accessory that is a replica of a RS part? In regards to your query about the WE M4 that was being sold with the Mk.18 RIS installed, no this version was modified and did not use a RS or replica nut.

@slu. So as an airsofter you have never sought, used or purchased a part or accessory that is a replica of a RS part? In regards to your query about the WE M4 that was being sold with the Mk.18 RIS installed, no this version was modified and did not use a RS or replica nut.

Nope (or would that be yes?), I certainly have, but would prefer to keep the money in the US as much as possible. I just think tap and die on the ACM barrel nut might achieve the same thing.

Edited by slu
There is a problem on TS website: I wanted to order(it's a test order)a magazine but when the Paypal window opens, it shows "TS Custom Anti-rotation pin set (type A) for WE AWSS M4", and this every time I try it.

Yesterday, I was able to test my gun in game, with a temp betwin 5-6° morning and 8-9° afternoon with a bit of rain. I had outed my first guy with my WE, at aprox 25-30m in hoods. It worked nice despite of my broken floating valve(my AEG was down so I had no choice but play with my damaged WE)and high consommation of gaz. I was able to compare it with a WA (first version, with the ABS bosy)too and I feel the recoil is a bit better on the WE(maybe because of the WA's ABS body?)

Nice to hear that!! :D

O... btw, I just tried the T.S. One site again & I think they'd already fixed the problem you mentioned.

Lol sorry guys, I still watch the threads from time to time, but since I dont own the WE anymore, I normally cant keep up with the new developments! Well, heres my take on the DD nut. Obviously, the issue with the one that comes with the ACM Lite rail is that the threads seem to be either closer together than the RS, or WE's, or the diameter was smaller. I was able to ratched it on half way by force alone, but it wouldnt go on right. I called up DD and asked them simply for the "Mk 18 Free float Lite rail barrel nut" and that is what they sent me. It went on with no resistance.

Sorry I havent been around to help out with it. WETTI or Chris, if you have anything else you would like to ask, please let me know.

Thank you, Kai, for your input! I'm catching on now...

Chris: Thanks in advance for teh offer! But I think I can find the piece on this side of the pond; it's just that I need to know which one exactly... ;)

A quick reply to those saying that the airsoft copies are the wrong pitch.

I have now installed MANY airsoft copy RIS units and their barrel nuts on the WE.

They are tight - but fit with coaxing.

There is a section on the wiki post in regard to these barrel nut issues. Also a how-to.

When I bought my RS DD MK18 RIS II to go on a Magpul FDE AEG receiver I had to cut the threads using a barrel nut die. It's not the easiest thing to do, but it's doable. Just takes time, strength, and a lot of patience. One of my teammates tried it with his Magpul receiver before I got mine and it snapped the receiver in half. So if you plan to recut threads, just take it slow, lubricate the cuts and back out the die every 1/8th of a turn at minimum. You can buy the die from Brownells, although the one produced by Madbull should be about the same.

You can try and buy a large order of those DD lite rail barrel nuts, but doing so would raise suspicion. Remember, you want the AR15 Lite Rail Barrel Nuts, not the free float barrel nuts and not the AR10 Lite Rail Barrel Nuts. If I were you guys, I'd get one, send it to WETI, and have them mass produce a replica to work with your WE rifles. It'll be cheaper, perfectly to spec, and readily available.

I was charged around 40 dollars if I remember correctly for the DD nut, directly from DD. Im not sure if that is their set price, but I can say that it fit as if it was meant for the WE. There was no funky chunky feel to screwing it on. Once the rear screws are tightened, the RIS II didnt move an inch.

Well, finally got mine coming tomorrow.

After a stack of running about with 'its delayed...' I switched shops.

Got in touch with Mark at Tactical Quartermaster who had some in stock (despite showing out of stock), and its in the post.

TOP MARKS for TQM. Friendly, helpful and quick as a flash.

Just for anyone in the UK, he still had a couple in stock, and one AFC version with an M203 strapped underneath.

I'll have my own review up in the next few days.

Just got a problem with the magazine I received from AB. The 1st I received leacked(as everyone's).This time, I disassembled the magazine(as I did with my 2 others)and discovered a small O-ring betwin the valve and it's body(the upper valve).I quickly noticed that, in fact, it was the sealing O-ring.When I re-assambled the magazine, the filling valve broke in 2 parts! I immediatly send an email to William at AB with 2 pictures(one of the remaining parts of the valve wich fell in my hand, and ond of the bottom of the magazine, showing the rest of the valve, stuck in it's hole...)At my big surprise, William send me a quick reply(I did not expect any reply before tomorrow since he's out of town) telling me that he'll see with WE to send me a replacement as soon as possible.

Just got a problem with the magazine I received from AB. The 1st I received leacked(as everyone's).This time, I disassembled the magazine(as I did with my 2 others)and discovered a small O-ring betwin the valve and it's body(the upper valve).I quickly noticed that, in fact, it was the sealing O-ring.When I re-assambled the magazine, the filling valve broke in 2 parts! I immediatly send an email to William at AB with 2 pictures(one of the remaining parts of the valve wich fell in my hand, and ond of the bottom of the magazine, showing the rest of the valve, stuck in it's hole...)At my big surprise, William send me a quick reply(I did not expect any reply before tomorrow since he's out of town) telling me that he'll see with WE to send me a replacement as soon as possible.

This was noted on the WIKI post - you will snap that fill valve with even the slightest amount of excess force.

If this happens (fill valve snaps) it can be salvaged.

Take the black rear spine off the inner mag - it comes of with 4-5 phillips head screws. This will allow access inside the mag and to the valve that is still stuck in there.

Be careful of the gasket that is under that spine. Note its orientation for reassembly.

You can easily unthread the broken portion of the fill valve with needlenose pliers, one turn at a time. It will be quite loose to your surprise. Unthreads easily.

Once out, order a WE HiCapa replacement fill valve from any shop you can find it. Airsoft GI stocks them, app. 5.00.

Be sure to keep your tiny o-ring since the new replacement fill valve wont have one.

OTTO

Edited by rottenotto

Well I finally managed to get hold of a RS MOE hand guard (which does look and feel fantastic). However it seems a bit loose and I am not too sure exactly what I can do to tighten things up. Can anyone who has tried one of these give me some feedback on their fit please? is this slack normal on the WE/RS?

New flash:

We're starting to take pre-orders (wholesale only) on the CO2 mags (due in a couple weeks). WETTI will be exclusive on these at the initial launch (that means no exporters/importers will have them for a while)

So if you guys want them bad enough, just hazzle your local shops/retailers to contact me for details. ;)

Furthermore, the steel nozzle assembly & possibly the new hop-up barrel system will be available as well at the same time.

WETTI