WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Well I finally managed to get hold of a RS MOE hand guard (which does look and feel fantastic). However it seems a bit loose and I am not too sure exactly what I can do to tighten things up. Can anyone who has tried one of these give me some feedback on their fit please? is this slack normal on the WE/RS?

The hand guard is loose because of the front ring has the hole(more oval and round) that the gas tube goes through and the cut is just a tad too wide making the handguard swivel back and forth until the front ring hits against the gas tube which is only a slight movement but none the less annoying. The only problem is the delta spring seems to me to be very loose and doesn't have much of a "spring" to it. This causes the handguard to move back and forth slighly and also helps the handguard to move side to side easier so that's a problem in itself. I would use some kind of filler or epoxy to keep the front ring stationary but the spring might be able to be replaced with a stronger one that will push the handguard or any handguard up so movement is not an issue. I wonder if a real steel spring would work? Those suckers are strong.

Got my first WE M4 AFC the other day, not a bad a rifle, just ordered some tasty internal parts for it. I wish the wiki had a list of compatible and non-compatible Airsoft and real-steel external accessories though! :P

One question; is it normal for the selector switch to be stuck in the 'semi' position when the magazine is out, bolt is closed and the hammer is already released, i.e. the weapon is 'made safe'? Not being able to have the selector on 'safe' at all times apart from when firing makes me a touch nervous... Is that 'true' to the real M4? :/

Cheers. :)

Must say, seems a little *albartroth*-over-tit to me that you're able to, from 'safe', insert a magazine and cycle the bolt to chamber a round without the trigger safety applied!

But then if you can do all that and not know you have just chambered a round and take appropriate precautions then you shouldn't be playing with it (airsoft or otherwise) :)

But then if you can do all that and not know you have just chambered a round and take appropriate precautions then you shouldn't be playing with it (airsoft or otherwise) :)

Easy to say, but accidents happen. I've seen them far too often even from extremely competent people. Seems to me like a bad design choice.

EDIT - Spelung... *rolleyes*

Edited by xerxes
Easy to say, but accidents happen. I've seen them far too often even from extremely competent people. Seems to me like a bad design choice.

EDIT - Spelung... *rolleyes*

but then with the WE m4, if it bothers you that much don't put the mag in until play starts or put the safety on as soon as you have cocked it. It's no different to the WE1911 and that hasn't caused me issues yet.

I think you're missing the point somewhat... It's inherently unsafe to insert a magazine then cycle the bolt with the trigger safety disengaged. I shouldn't have to engage my safety after making ready; it should be engaged throughout the entire process.

But hey, them's the dice. :)

Ho ho ho!! just got mine through the post today.

TQM, you get a massive thumbs up on the customer service front from the carrot cruncher daaahhhn saaafff.

Initial impression... WHOOP WHOOP! can't wait to tweak it and getting it running sweet.

Need to get more gas..

Couple of quick niggles I can see. The mag empty lock back is not fully functioning, works sometimes..... and the hop is screwing the Beebs quite severely to the right.

Time for me to get over to the Wiki and give it a thorough strip down.

Not sure anyone else had this problem, but my G&P Acog was loose on the rail. Nothing a bit of leccy tape as a spacer couldn't sort out, but still, minor annoyance. All solved now.

Off now to get my noodle around the guts of this little baby.

Got some new RIS kits in today and tried them out on the gun:

Omega Style M4 free-float RAS

post-32710-1236904722_thumb.jpg

Magpul PTS MOE Handguard

post-32710-1236904735_thumb.jpg

Dboys Metal KAC RASII

post-32710-1236904742_thumb.jpg

Dboys CNC Matte Black Quality Aluminum M4 RIS Kit

post-32710-1236904751_thumb.jpg

SPR MOD style handguard

post-32710-1236904759_thumb.jpg

All took less than that 10 mins to fit, other than the SPR grip which was a bit longer as it was a different outer barrel. Also got a DD Mk18 Copy to fit but that was enough for tonight and need some sleep, gonna be counting AR15's in my sleep.

With the 330-350 fps valve, propane and .2's.

i manage to be piercing bottom of coke cans. so i'm assuming i'm shooting around 400 fps.

What are you guys getting on propane w/ the more regulated valve.

w/ .28's it just almost gets through the bottom.

Edited by accuracy