WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

You might find TQM usefull too;

http://www.tacticalquartermaster.co.uk/cat...680e70e924ea37c

They have pages of spare parts for the WE - some of them are on the way though and are not yet in stock.

Wonder if they'll cater to export customers as well. WOuld be, I think, cheaper than the HK options for buying the WE's.

Althought I'm still going to wait until it's L119A1 or plain Diemaco C8 that they have in store.

Wonder if they'll cater to export customers as well. WOuld be, I think, cheaper than the HK options for buying the WE's.

Althought I'm still going to wait until it's L119A1 or plain Diemaco C8 that they have in store.

By the looks of this I think Mark would ship to you. Worth emailing anyway.

http://www.tacticalquartermaster.co.uk/cat...680e70e924ea37c

I sent some airsoft bits to Finland recently and postage was very cheap.

Edited by chris u'5

Jesus titty *fruitcage* christ! Longest thread ever for one gun.

As such, this makes it bloody difficult to find out any info without trawling through the multiverse this thread MUST encompass. I know there's a WE M4 wiki kicking about... any chance something as useful as that can be stickied so people can have a rummage. ( i.e, gissa a link so I can bookmark it...)

Does anyone know what version Land Warrior Airsoft are selling? I asked them, and even they don't bleeding know. This thread is simply too big to be useful to anyone who hasn't read it from the beginning...

Aha, brilliant. I like buying off of LWA, especially near this time of the year! I'd rather buy off them than that bland TQM place.

So AFC = UK Legal? as the V1 was decidedly not so without modification. Looking forward to seeing that wiki completed, plenty of damn useful ( although admittedly concerned about seeing so many fixes... are there really that many problems? And are they solved in later models?) articles.

I think there are not so many problems on that gun! I own the V1 and I had very few fixes to do: glue on the Forward Assist, part 48 broken(seems that I was the only one to have this issue) stock bolt catch and charging handle in poor quality and the stock part 42 wich does not allow us to play with it. AB have the part 42 that drives the gun in the 350fps(beside it, you'll be able to fire 3 BB's mags with one gas filling). I don't know(or remember)for the other guys but i guess that's all.

My fix list so far has been.

Part 42 replaced to drop the power to 300+ from 520fps (£6)

Bolt catch replaced with steel version (£8) - the one must have upgrade

Loctite nozzle assembly screw and the two small screws holding down "part 59?" (£4 for blue loctite)

So all i all not much required to take the gun from an over powered early version to a working skirmish weapon for the UK

EDIT -

Two of us using WE GBB M4s used just under a can of propane the whole day between us (including the use of pistols with that can too)

Edited by 1st Commando

Got the DD MK18 7" front on finally. Same problem as everyone though that the barrel nut wouldnt fit, went on couple turns but no further. Annoyed with this i had a think and came up with a solution which done the job... i used the original barrel nut that came with the rifle. How? well i cut the 'spikey collar' off the top and smoothed it down a little and it makes exactly the same nut as what you get with the RIS kit but screws on perfectly. Heres a pic of it after:

post-32710-1236962738_thumb.jpg

And the full rifle:

post-32710-1236962749_thumb.jpg

Part 42 is what, the valve on the magazines? I've seen people have issues with the charging handle... no real idea where to buy a real steel one to do the mod he recommends, so any ideas?

I'll ask LWA when they intend on getting this new version in. Student loan funtimes!

Part 42 is the floating valve in the nozzle assembly .

Instead of having to downgrade each magazine you can just downgrade the gun itself :)

I do know of a place for RS charging handles in the Uk but to be honest unless you break yours I wouldn't worry about it as most break seem to occur when the bolt is released forward but the user has not returned the charging handle to battery first .

If you need help with anything feel free to PM me ;)

I had an issue with my WE M4 AFC version this week: parts in trigger mechbox mechanism broke.

The part which broke in the trigger mechbox are the little spring and plastic spring guide located under the firing pin (part 61) and on top of part 65, where the firing pin sits. The role of this spring is to make the firing pin go backwards when the hammer is armed (back position). I can't find the part number for these spring + guide on the exploded diagram to order them from WE, it seems they forgot to mention them, but WETTI replied that it's impossible. Can anyone help me with these parts?

Hey I guess you're good to order a new trigger assembly...In mine the part 48 broke...since then, I hold it beside for the parts...

Hey je crois que tu es bon pour commander un nouveau trigger assembly...dans le mien c'est la pièce 48 qui avait cassé...depuis je garde ce trigger assembly pour les pièces...vois pour récupérer dans un stylo ça pourrait passer

Well spending $100 (not counting shipping+customs) for a gun younger than a month that never played a game makes me mad. And I can't find the mechanism anywhere but on airsoftbuddy...

Parlons en anglais que tout le monde nous comprenne ^^

A la limite le ressort c'est réparable, mais le guide lui, doit être du bon diamètre et de la bonne longeur... et j'ai même pas de modèle vu que le mien est carrément explosé (ce qui a causé la torsion du ressort)...

(Sorry for the french language here, replied to Eliminator's solution ^^)

Got the DD MK18 7" front on finally. Same problem as everyone though that the barrel nut wouldnt fit, went on couple turns but no further. Annoyed with this i had a think and came up with a solution which done the job... i used the original barrel nut that came with the rifle. How? well i cut the 'spikey collar' off the top and smoothed it down a little and it makes exactly the same nut as what you get with the RIS kit but screws on perfectly. Heres a pic of it after:

Very interesting Marky! Thanks for sharing dude. How does this affect fitting different front ends though? Will they still fit?

Was it difficult/time consuming to do? And one final question :P Where did you buy your Mk.18 replica? (I know there is a few different versions kicking around)

Thanks again fella.

Well spending $100 (not counting shipping+customs) for a gun younger than a month that never played a game makes me mad. And I can't find the mechanism anywhere but on airsoftbuddy...

Parlons en anglais que tout le monde nous comprenne ^^

A la limite le ressort c'est réparable, mais le guide lui, doit être du bon diamètre et de la bonne longeur... et j'ai même pas de modèle vu que le mien est carrément explosé (ce qui a causé la torsion du ressort)...

(Sorry for the french language here, replied to Eliminator's solution ^^)

The small spring guide is not neccessary for the gun to fire. I took apart my trigger mechanism and the spring guide flew off, but I was able to just put the spring back in and it works fine. If the spring is also broken, just look for a spring in similiar size to it. It doesn't have to be exact to work.

post-32710-1236962738_thumb.jpg

And the full rifle:

post-32710-1236962749_thumb.jpg

Nice one.. Don`t think I would have thought of that one.. :D

I did the same now today. took me maybe 15 min or so. Had to adjust it a bit since I cut to little at the end facing forward. Made the DD MK18 9" rail bottom on the barrel nut before the adapter for the screws.

Not that pleased with my rail.. Bought from Ebaybanned and it got a grey finish. It also crash against the upper receiver before getting flat against the DD adapter. So lot of screwing to get it aligned.

Nice one.. Don`t think I would have thought of that one.. :D

I did the same now today. took me maybe 15 min or so. Had to adjust it a bit since I cut to little at the end facing forward. Made the DD MK18 9" rail bottom on the barrel nut before the adapter for the screws.

Not that pleased with my rail.. Bought from Ebaybanned and it got a grey finish. It also crash against the upper receiver before getting flat against the DD adapter. So lot of screwing to get it aligned.

But you got it installed OK IBICO?

But you got it installed OK IBICO?

Yeah.. not any problem. Used an adjustable wrench to fit the barrel nut. The DD adapter and barrel is rock solid. So the barrel nut idea work perfect.

It would be a LOT easier with a lathe machine or milling machine. Might try that next with another one.

dd01.jpg

dd02b.jpg

dd03.jpg

Edited by IBICO