WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Good idea man :D

Please keep us updated on how this works out and if it results in any problems? It sounds great though!

You mentioned over at GGI that it results in recoil on par with a real AR-15 :o I'd love to try this mod out.

Yeah, when we tried it out it was having roughly the same kick as a real one. The gun now visibly jars backwards towards the user. It always did before but as an observer its much more evident now. Using it with the eotech, the gun actually jumped enough the at sometimes the reticle would disappear from the line of sight momentarily. Good stuff :). Now where it differs is in the "snappi-ness" of the recoil. Locking the bolt back and releasing it really shows how the bolt has slowed a bit from the extra weight. It sounds slow in that instance but when you fire the rof doesnt really seem too affected. Sounds like the real guns ROF now which is cool.

well, used mine for the first time today in a skirmish.

I managed to hit bugger all really compared to my usual standard (the hop is still wild and I don't have a decent selection of ammo to try, limited to 0.2's and 0.36's at the mo).... BUT..

I had an absolute hoot. I don't know what it is, but this thing is just a blast to use.

Its a real shocker getting used to 30rnd real caps, certainly makes you think about your shots and keep a count of your ammo. Blowback is just excellent. Really enjoyed using it.

Now all I need to do is make it shoot straight and I'll be a happy man.

New barrel/hop and CO2 mags me thinks...

So then the recoil weights don't really have much use in your average civvy semi-auto?

About how much weight would make sense to add? Think I might stick a handful of lead fishing weights inside the recoil guide along with a small piece of cloth to prevent them from rattling.

Edit: Also I think I can agree that the Krytox grease is as good as it can get. Seems to be made of angel's tears or something, just wish it wasn't priced as so...

Edited by Chris North

I noticed on many WE M4 there's a gap between the upper and lower receiver, easily visible if held against a backlight. Is this also apparent on a real M4?

Also, the nozzle is putting marks on my bbs resulting in knuckleball flights . Is WE going to resolve this issue? Any DIY solutions yet to this?

If you check out the TS One website, they have the add-on weights (says how heavy) for sale plus a 90% recoil spring. They also have a replacement buffer thats already made heavier and according to them adds 75% to felt recoil.

I noticed a gap between the upper and lower receiver

Also, the nozzle is putting marks on my bbs resulting in knuckleball flights . Any DIY solutions yet to this?

Some real ones have them. You can shim it by adding material (i used a thin layer of super glue) on the upper receiver pin holes.

As for damaging the bbs upon chambering, you can smoothen out the inner and outer edges of the nozzle tip with a scouring pad/steel wool, just enough to round the edges.

So, this is my M4 as it looks today.

img_0190noeo.jpg

img_01928lo0.jpg

img_0193qdxj.jpg

Still to come are a Ergo grip, Magpul trigger guard and a CTR stock.

This is the ebaybanned $40 D'Boys RIS btw and it does indeed wooble without modifications.

Roughly about 1mm to left and right.

I applied some scotch tape to the groove on the inside of the top part of the RIS which sits on the barrel nut and now it's solid as a rock.

But for some reason my bolt catch doesn't work properly. Well, acutally it does when I push down the bolt catch with my finger, but the pin or the spring inside the magazine seems to be too weak to fully engage the bolt catch lever.

Anybody else having this problem?

Would it work to shorten the Boltcatch spring?

btw, does anybody know a fair source for a Magpul trigger guard without excessive shipping costs?

You'll probably find something here;

http://www.ar15.com/

or

http://www.parts4ar15.com/ar-15_accessorie...R-15_Grips.html

finally here

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Stocks...dguards-s/6.htm

Recomend the Ergo grip on the last link.

Edited by BigAl
If you check out the TS One website, they have the add-on weights (says how heavy) for sale plus a 90% recoil spring. They also have a replacement buffer thats already made heavier and according to them adds 75% to felt recoil.

Some real ones have them. You can shim it by adding material (i used a thin layer of super glue) on the upper receiver pin holes.

As for damaging the bbs upon chambering, you can smoothen out the inner and outer edges of the nozzle tip with a scouring pad/steel wool, just enough to round the edges.

So what would be the best way to increase the recoil? The Recoil weights and the 90% recoil spring? Or the replacement buffer? What about both?

Also, the nozzle is putting marks on my bbs resulting in knuckleball flights . Is WE going to resolve this issue? Any DIY solutions yet to this?

Not sure what this means???

Are you talking about the dallops and smudges of black grease it applies to your bb's while loading? Which all GBB do?

If so, lighten up the use of silicone in your gas mixture. Canned green gas is out (in my opinion) its all ###### out there today (100% AIRSOFT SHOOTING SILICONE WITH A BIT OF GREEN GAS ADDED!!)

And keep the breech clean. And inner barrel while you are at it.

If your chopping bb's, that has EVERYTHING to do with the brand of bb. It not your WE's fault.

Try a different brand. And dont use "bio degradeable bb's" - I know some say they use it just fine, but I dont use bb's made of dog food - especially in a gun that is over 500fps.

Last thing - perhaps a weakly powered mag is the source of yours (or anybody's) chopped bb's (not clearing the bb stack on the back stroke -misfeeds=chopped bb's).

The sharp edges in the forward breech have ZERO to do with chopped bb's and misfeeds. That isnt an issue at all.

There is now a "Original Replacement Parts Price List of WE Gas Blow Back M4 and Worldwide Warranty Services" list on airsoftbuddy!

Some prices have changed, e.g. trigger unit -> $45.50 and steel bolt catch $5.50

And we provide worldwide warranty services to all WE Gas Blow Back M4 users. You just send us your problem parts, then we will ship the replacement to you. For details, please email to us.

Edited by Carsten

Somegirls, I have the same Dboys RIS...when you say wobble, are you talking about rotation wobble? Can you be more elaborate on how you fixed it? The top half was a very tight fight (bottome section fit just fine) especialy around the toothy barrel nut...but I can't figure out which part is causing the wobble...super annoying!

Just be sure to loctite that valve down inside the bolt carrier. It'll do wonders for your gun.

Also, I saw this on airsoft buddy's site. This looks promising.

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_vie...products_id=226

Perhaps this is what WETTI has been saying about self-aligning with the nozzles? I may have to pick one up on my next order.