WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Not sure what this means???

His bbs don't get chopped. Agreed that ammo used can solve that. But he's getting very erratic trajectory (knuckleball is a baseball term for it). I've not had this on my N4, but my old M700 with similar double-lip feeding system did. The cause was an overly sharp edged nozzle, which upon loading would impart a half-moon scar on the surface on the bb and affect flight.

Edited by renegadecow
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

His bbs don't get chopped. Agreed that ammo used can solve that. But he's getting very erratic trajectory (knuckleball is a baseball term for it). I've not had this on my N4, but my old M700 with similar double-lip feeding system did. The cause was an overly sharp edged nozzle, which upon loading would impart a half-moon scar on the surface on the bb and affect flight.

Ok, I see.

Thats just the result of a sucko hop unit.

Made worse by constant "wetting" from the gas mixture. GBB rifles run dirty, no way around it. Cant wait for CO2. It isnt clean like HPA, but will be better than propane gas and silicone.

And we will see if TS Ones new hopup is any good. Has to be better.

Just be sure to loctite that valve down inside the bolt carrier. It'll do wonders for your gun.

Also, I saw this on airsoft buddy's site. This looks promising.

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_vie...products_id=226

Perhaps this is what WETTI has been saying about self-aligning with the nozzles? I may have to pick one up on my next order.

sabrepilot, which valve are you talking about? which part number on the diagram?

So do we know of any release date on the TS Custom steel nozzles and new barrel/hop sets yet? Say's coming soon on their webby.

Also, I shall assume that the Steel nozzles are going to come in at 'UBER FPS' setting rather than a more UK skirmish friendly 300-350fps.

and if that is the case, do you think that the brass power reduction part No.42 will be compatible with it?

I replaced my stock valve which shoots roughly 500 fps with part number 42 from AB. According to AB it degrades the gun to 300 fps. Well I made a second bolt group with part #42 and chronoed it today. I was surprised I was getting readings ranging from 390 to 410 fps after 30 rounds. My goal was just to make the gun shoot below 425 so I could play in games. This is exactly the sweet spot most including myself are looking for in the US. So it seems the #42 valve AB details as shooting 300 fps shoots closer to 400 fps. I used propane, 0.20 gram bbs, and room temp was about 65 degrees F.

Somegirls, I have the same Dboys RIS...when you say wobble, are you talking about rotation wobble? Can you be more elaborate on how you fixed it? The top half was a very tight fight (bottome section fit just fine) especialy around the toothy barrel nut...but I can't figure out which part is causing the wobble...super annoying!

If you look at the inside of the back end of the upper RIS part you see a grove (where the the barrelnut fits in) and 2 small bolt inside that groove at about 11 and 1 o'clock.

I think these bolts are too thin, so there's some play between the bolts and the gaps in the barrel nut.

What I did is I put some slices of tape onto these bolts.

When you reapply the RIS you have to press it down fairly hard to make the teeth of the barrelnut "bite" into the tape.

I can take a picture of it later on when I come home.

Some prices have changed, e.g. trigger unit -> $45.50 and steel bolt catch $5.50

Yeah they also made the charging handle $13.50, originally it was $10

By the way,

does anybody know a guide about maintaining the WE?

It sure is different to a GBB pistol, so there might be spots people don't think about lubing or whatever.

Good thing is the bolt actually "runs" on these little wheels on the top as well as on the trigger instead of sliding like a pistol.

So can anybody give any tips?

I always used Abbey moly-paste for the running parts of the slide. Dunno if that would work well with the M4 though.

Edited by somegirls

All prices are set by WE, so we need to follow WE's prices. But you can see that a lot of replacement parts are very cheap.

And the Part #42, the one that we sell is around 300fps. It was tested by 0.2g BBs with top gas. Maybe the different weather, the power maybe different.

The new design hop-up with barrel is now available to comes with all the WE GBB M4. For standalone item, then we may need a bit while.

Edited by Airsoft Buddy

Having used mine exclusively for the weekend skirmish the Version 1 hop definitely needs to be changed. Despite cleaning, realigning etc, I still found my hop to be ultra aggressive and always hooking to the right.

Getting the new barrel/hop combo available as a replacement item would be a good idea in my opinion. Hopefully it will eliminate the large majority of the hop related issues.

Personally, seeing some form of VSR based barrel conversion would be a dream (might not be possible though).

Also, to tighten up the shot to shot consistency the CO2 mags are definite must. I'm not sure what they'll push out using the sleeved down power nozzle, but I'm hoping that it will be useable in the UK.

Any idea how much the CO2 mags are going to be yet?

AB, do you know when you'll be getting some more Bolt Carriers in stock? Just having that unit as a switchable part is going to be tremendous.

Also, you have this new part "Stabilizer for Valve Guide Rod of WE Gas Blow Back M4". Where abouts does this part fit? I assume it goes inside the Part 38 to help centralise the rod?

Also, you have this new part "Stabilizer for Valve Guide Rod of WE Gas Blow Back M4". Where abouts does this part fit? I assume it goes inside the Part 38 to help centralise the rod?

According to the picture on AB's website that part goes around the "body" of the nozzle assembly(the black tube wich is screwed to the Bolt Carrier)

Jesus titty *fruitcage* christ! Longest thread ever for one gun.

As such, this makes it bloody difficult to find out any info without trawling through the multiverse this thread MUST encompass. I know there's a WE M4 wiki kicking about... any chance something as useful as that can be stickied so people can have a rummage. ( i.e, gissa a link so I can bookmark it...)

Does anyone know what version Land Warrior Airsoft are selling? I asked them, and even they don't bleeding know. This thread is simply too big to be useful to anyone who hasn't read it from the beginning...

Land Warrior will be selling the "WETTI-AFC Custom" ver. 2 of our gun. Their first order is being processed at this time & will be on its way shortly. Pending confirmation from LW, I assume they will be carrying our version of the guns & parts from now on.

WETTI

I took the M4 out for a very short test during an event this weekend. Unfortunately the charging handle that has so far defied the norm during testing broke after 30 rounds or so :(

The few shots I managed to get off demonstrated the need for a better hop and CO2 mags for cold weather.

WETTI, when are your improved charging handles going to be available as parts, my gun is now sat on the shelf?

On another note everyone who got their hands on the rifle drooled and then had a very large smile when the recoil hit.

Edited by Marky [UE]
Having used mine exclusively for the weekend skirmish the Version 1 hop definitely needs to be changed. Despite cleaning, realigning etc, I still found my hop to be ultra aggressive and always hooking to the right.

Getting the new barrel/hop combo available as a replacement item would be a good idea in my opinion. Hopefully it will eliminate the large majority of the hop related issues.

Personally, seeing some form of VSR based barrel conversion would be a dream (might not be possible though).

Also, to tighten up the shot to shot consistency the CO2 mags are definite must. I'm not sure what they'll push out using the sleeved down power nozzle, but I'm hoping that it will be useable in the UK.

Any idea how much the CO2 mags are going to be yet?

AB, do you know when you'll be getting some more Bolt Carriers in stock? Just having that unit as a switchable part is going to be tremendous.

Actually now we have the steel bolt carrier for sell. It's good to use on power over 350fps.

For the CO2 mag, I've asked the boss of WETTI. He said that need one more month to launch. That's what he told me on last Thursday night.

The stabilizer is hold tight the valve rod with the bolt carrier. If now without this stabilizer to hold the valve rod, it may easy to loose. So you need to use the screw driver to screw it tight again. After installed this stabilizer, then you don't need to check the valve rod loose or not.

For the price list of replacement parts of WE Gas Blow Back M4, please refer to the following link.

http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/

Edited by Airsoft Buddy
Land Warrior will be selling the "WETTI-AFC Custom" ver. 2 of our gun. Their first order is being processed at this time & will be on its way shortly. Pending confirmation from LW, I assume they will be carrying our version of the guns & parts from now on.

WETTI

Yeeees! Thank you very much!

I'd also like to say, how reassuring and pleasant it is to have a manufacturer take an active interest in keeping the customers happy. I'm also amazed at your turn around time... the players ask for something, and you guys seem to get it done as soon as you can! It's great!

As soon as LWA pre orders go up...

Hi guys.

I am newbie and have already few problems with my WE M4 GBB v.1

My rifle lost part #31 Forward Assist Push Button. It just jumped out of rifle with part #27 Forward Assist Spring during test. I have no clue how did it happen. Next was part #26 Charging Handle Latch which is broken. I have ordered replacement part from Tactical Quartermaster but i have noticed on their web page also Kings Arms chargnig handle latch. Will this fit into WE M4 GBB v1 charging handle ?

Edited by Nazio