WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

So does that mean the AFC Version 2, is the version 2?

Why isn't LWA getting the Version 3, since the order hasn't been shipped yet, as far as I know?

Why are people so hung up on "versions"??

The gun is a continuously evolving thing. Wouldnt it just be easier to list the improvements as they happen? (i.e. "Now with a better hop up"). Most will be adding these improved parts to whatever gun they have so what does it matter. Right?

"Version 2" was an Internet thing to help "sell" the WE M4. It just meant a steel catch and no more *suitcase* body.

SHOEI never listed "Version 2" when they improved the MP44.

Stop the version insanity now. This isnt collecting Star Wars figures. Yikes.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Why are people so hung up on "versions"??

The gun is a continuously evolving thing. Wouldnt it just be easier to list the improvements as they happen? (i.e. "Now with a better hop up"). Most will be adding these improved parts to whatever gun they have so what does it matter. Right?

"Version 2" was an Internet thing to help "sell" the WE M4. It just meant a steel catch and no more *suitcase* body.

SHOEI never listed "Version 2" when they improved the MP44.

Stop the version insanity now. This isnt collecting Star Wars figures. Yikes.

well if i was still in the market , i would want to get my money's worth, and want the latest and best model available whether or not the upgrades are minor.

thus when purchasing the rifle, it is easily obvious which rifles are the latest, and which aren't.

I'm a picky guy though.

but i do agree that there shouldn't be so many questions on the issue, it's fairly simple to tell which version is which if people just did a little research. that's exactly what i did.

Or contact the seller.

Edited by accuracy

^ Exactly.

Adding all these "versions labels" is needlessly confusing things and actually hurting sales of the WE. Keep it simple.

If you are in the market for a new WE, many retailers have attempted to keep it simple. As in Airsoft Buddy. If you buy a new WE M4 you will be getting the latest improvements available at this time. Nothing to think about.

For all the rest of you who already own a WE M4,....."this is your rifle, there are many like it, but this one is yours".

Your goal is to constantly improve/mod/tweek it - and make it the best WE it can be. ;)

^ Exactly.

Adding all these "versions labels" is needlessly confusing things and actually hurting sales of the WE. Keep it simple.

If you are in the market for a new WE, many retailers have attempted to keep it simple. As in Airsoft Buddy. If you buy a new WE M4 you will be getting the latest improvements available at this time. Nothing to think about.

For all the rest of you who already own a WE M4,....."this is your rifle, there are many like it, but this one is yours".

Your goal is to constantly improve/mod/tweek it - and make it the best WE it can be. ;)

Well... someone asked, so I have to answer. Have you seen me talking much about ver. 1, ver2, etc...? The only 'version' I promote is the "WETTI-AFC Custom" version. I only answered the question because I can see that there's yet still some confusion out there regarding the different 'stages' this gun had gone through. To label them 'versions' is just a simple, understandable way of identifying the different 'stages'; Pls kindly keep in mind that everyday there just might be a newcomer to this thread or a curious convert from the AEG arena who's checking out this platform & needs information. At least that what I'm hoping for anyway, from a manufacturer's point-of-view.

Edited by WETTI

I still have the problem so I gonna just ask right away:

Did anybody have any problem with their bolt catch?

Mine doesn't really work.

Well, technically it does when I pull the boltcarrier back und push the boltcatch in with my finger.

But it doesn't work when I shoot or insert a magazine and pull the bolt back manually.

It seems like the magazine doesn't push the boltcatch all the way back.

I got the (labeling mode on) first version... I guess, and I'm going to get a steel BC anyway, but I'm just curious if that's a known problem or not.

(Yes, I pushed the small lever on the magazine all the way back and the mag is not on empty firing mode)

I still have the problem so I gonna just ask right away:

Did anybody have any problem with their bolt catch?

Mine doesn't really work.

Well, technically it does when I pull the boltcarrier back und push the boltcatch in with my finger.

But it doesn't work when I shoot or insert a magazine and pull the bolt back manually.

It seems like the magazine doesn't push the boltcatch all the way back.

I got the (labeling mode on) first version... I guess, and I'm going to get a steel BC anyway, but I'm just curious if that's a known problem or not.

(Yes, I pushed the small lever on the magazine all the way back and the mag is not on empty firing mode)

Yes, it is a known issue with earlier (ver.1) guns. IMO, the steel bolt catch & the 'enhanced magazine bolt catch plates' from T.S. Custom will certainly solve your problem.

Hi everybody,

I just want to spread the info : I ordered from TS one a "Bolt Back Reinforcement #93", "90% Recoil Spring #92" and "Bolt Catch Plates", and received the goods 4 working days later.

Fast shipping and reliable shop!

Don't forget to send a mail to confirm your paypal transaction, they'll answer quickly.

Ordered "Steel nozzle assembly", both settings... Can't wait for the Co2 mags.

By the way, the blowback is really strong now ;)

Edited by LordEru
btw, is there any difference between the Socom Gear and the WE expect the few bucks for for fancy little Noveske markings?

That's also "just" the Vers. 1 , right?

Has a steel bolt catch and shoots a bit harder than a stock WE (mine chronoed at 550+) which I had to downgrade anyway. So technically ver2.

Why the hell WOULDN'T we be worried about the versions. They've all had lots of different labels, which I don't understand, like AFC, AFC-Custom, AWSS, and that means nothing to me.

Versions 1, 2 and 3 makes sense, and clearly shows what is the latest and greatest model of the product, so I can make sure I don't end up ordering an old Version 1 from somewhere with stock of it still, and then have to spend far more money ( and TIME) upgrading/downgrading the damn thing.

Of course it's not like Star Wars bloody toys! I'm not going out to buy an old one with problems just because it's version 1 am I? I'm not after rarity value... I'm after super happy skirmishable GBB awesomeness!

WE said AFC Version 2.. this left me confused: Firstly, what the hell is AFC? Is AFC version 2 the same as regular version 2?

It appears it was just miscommunication, and it's all very simple really.

I must admit, I'm not overly keen on it being 350 out the box, for the UK anyway, as that's borderline already... bit of heat and you're over the limit! We shall see what these RA-Tech NPAS things are like I guess!

okay, now I'm kinda confused about TS One.

Frist their steel nozzle:

There's only one available, is the the 350 or 500fps one?

Second:

How do I order? I don't really get.

Do I have to make paypal payments for every single item and than email them a list of what I've paid for?

okay, not that many questions actually.

on the list:

The counter wheighted puffer bolt

mag catch plates

steel nozzle

and the magpul style trigger guard once it's avaiable.

Oh, and I think I saw a video about those NPAS Bolt system with a price tag of around $200-$300. Maybe it was for the AK or something, but it was prrrretty pricy.

okay, now I'm kinda confused about TS One.

Frist their steel nozzle:

There's only one available, is the the 350 or 500fps one?

There are two settings available : 380-400fps or 480-500fps

How do I order? I don't really get.

Do I have to make paypal payments for every single item and than email them a list of what I've paid for?

You got it! Same time you can ask for the setting you chose for the steel nozzle assembly.

Edited by LordEru

NPAS Bolt system with a price tag of around $200-$300. Maybe it was for the AK or something, but it was prrrretty pricy.

That's how I understood it myself. I just paid for a couple packs of the mag catch enhancements and a weighted recoil buffer then sent them an e-mail just to be sure. It's for wholesale that you have to contact them first then pay.

The NPAS bolt priced at $200+ for the WA rifle is a complete bolt kit so you could just swap bolts. They have parts kits which are much cheaper ($50) but require you to use your existing bolt.

Cool thanks.

I will get my order in once the new magpul-style trigger guards show up.

(I'm in question mode today)

Has anybody tried that weighted buffer bolt yet?

What really surprises me is the price of all the aftermarket parts. I mean, just compare them to Wester Arms M4 parts.

I read a review where a G&P metal bolt catch alone cost $40.

This one here is $5.50.

Edited by somegirls
Why the hell WOULDN'T we be worried about the versions. They've all had lots of different labels, which I don't understand, like AFC, AFC-Custom, AWSS, and that means nothing to me.

Versions 1, 2 and 3 makes sense, and clearly shows what is the latest and greatest model of the product, so I can make sure I don't end up ordering an old Version 1 from somewhere with stock of it still, and then have to spend far more money ( and TIME) upgrading/downgrading the damn thing.

Of course it's not like Star Wars bloody toys! I'm not going out to buy an old one with problems just because it's version 1 am I? I'm not after rarity value... I'm after super happy skirmishable GBB awesomeness!

WE said AFC Version 2.. this left me confused: Firstly, what the hell is AFC? Is AFC version 2 the same as regular version 2?

It appears it was just miscommunication, and it's all very simple really.

I must admit, I'm not overly keen on it being 350 out the box, for the UK anyway, as that's borderline already... bit of heat and you're over the limit! We shall see what these RA-Tech NPAS things are like I guess!

WE = WE-Tech (as how it's probably known to you) = the manufacturer of this gas blowback M4

AFC = Armed Forces Company = inventor & worldwide-patents owner of this gas blowback system.

WETTI = WE Tactical Training International = exclusive wholesaler of the 'anodized + extra barrel' package of the gun. WETTI also runs the soon-to-be launched WE official website.

WETTI-AFC Custom version = WETTI's exclusive 'anodized + extra barrel' package (this name applied to all 'stages' of the gun's evolution)

A.W.S.S = Advanced Weaponry Simulator System, the registered name for this gas blowback system

I hope this help...

Edited by WETTI
Cool thanks.

I will get my order in once the new magpul-style trigger guards show up.

(I'm in question mode today)

Has anybody tried that weighted buffer bolt yet?

What really surprises me is the price of all the aftermarket parts. I mean, just compare them to Wester Arms M4 parts.

I read a review where a G&P metal bolt catch alone cost $40.

This one here is $5.50.

'somegirls': I don't believe there will be 'Magpul-style' trigger guards available from T.S. Custom. The pictures I posted before were all about the ARMS-type trigger guard only (i.e. all the half-finished products). The Magpul trigger guard you saw in the pic is the real thing! :P It was used for pin hole measurements only & belong to T.S.'s boss. They put it in the pic just to give a dimensional reference, that's all! Sorry about the confusion.

salvation to all I am new on this forum and I am pleased that the subject of passionate m4 we auant people.

m4 that fascinates me I have read many things about him that I avous version with shippers co2 is my favorite, I have great difficulty in finding real info on the M4 with the new hop up and a new cartridge co2 (I hope that I do understand the up)

esque you more information when the output of this new version

co2 chargers or only

I looking forward to many new and sortient

DSCF0509.jpg

My turn to show off.

My V1. Now with reinforced parts installed.

RIS from Ebaybanned.

Magpul stock bought from the forums.

Bought when they were frst released. I'm using it for the first time tomorrow. Very excited.

Snake

Impressive, SNAKE!! I like it! Not over done, nice, simple and tasteful! Question is, any problems with the RIS and free-float barrel? Any mods required? Plus, How did you shorten the outer barrel? Thanks, man!

Like mine now.. With some real Magpul Moe, Tango pistol and some ladder with a touch of 416 iron sights. :D

So you CAN pimp your WE also.. hehe.

The Magpul moe fitted like a tight glove.. on the Tango pistol grip I had to use the original screw. seems the tango screw is a bit to large/thick

PS!!!.. WETTI.. I could REALLY need some P-mags on this one.. :P

wem4.jpg

Edited by IBICO