WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Impressive, SNAKE!! I like it! Not over done, nice, simple and tasteful! Question is, any problems with the RIS and free-float barrel? Any mods required? Plus, How did you shorten the outer barrel? Thanks, man!

No problems whatsoever! The 7inch CNC rail from Ebaybanned fit like a charm. No spacers needed or anything. There are no issues with the barrel. If memory serves i just unscrewed a barrel extention and changed the inner for the shorter one.

It's a work in progress. I'll post again once i've added what i want.

Snake

Has anyone fit any airsoft low profile gas blocks on the WE M4 without modification? I don't want to spend 50 on a RS to one so hopefully there's at least one company who made there low profile gas block to RS specs..

Also can anyone confirm that the Madbull Noveske RIS fits on the WE M4 without modification? Or does it need to be rethreaded to fit?

Edited by Whudafxup

Hey guys, anyone else having issues with fitment of the CQB barrel? I tried changing them, and it won't fit into part #111. Its too thick or something...plus, how many tiny ball bearings are there supposed to be around the Hop-UP unit. After I removed the collar, I only found one metal bearing in the hole (above the rubber bucking), but on the exploded-view, I see two..#108 and #110. Thanks!

Hi everybody,

I just want to spread the info : I ordered from TS one a "Bolt Back Reinforcement #93", "90% Recoil Spring #92" and "Bolt Catch Plates", and received the goods 4 working days later.

Fast shipping and reliable shop!

Don't forget to send a mail to confirm your paypal transaction, they'll answer quickly.

Ordered "Steel nozzle assembly", both settings... Can't wait for the Co2 mags.

By the way, the blowback is really strong now ;)

What would produce more recoil the "Bolt Back Reinforcement" or the "counter weighted spring guide".

And does 90% recoil spring supposed to increase or decrease recoil?

Has anyone fit any airsoft low profile gas blocks on the WE M4 without modification? I don't want to spend 50 on a RS to one so hopefully there's at least one company who made there low profile gas block to RS specs..

Also can anyone confirm that the Madbull Noveske RIS fits on the WE M4 without modification? Or does it need to be rethreaded to fit?

Airsoft low profile gas block is no problem. This is the Dytac one from this set at redwolf: Dytac 7.5inch SBR Outer Barrel Assemble for PTW (Black)

dd02b.jpg

You can simple saw the inner barrel off if you wanna shorten it.

Did it with my old Scar and it worked great, afterwards you polish the edges and you're good to go.

I ordered that weighted buffer bolt, I can let you know how it works out.

I prefer that over a stronger spring, you never know if a stronger spring might crush your interals in the long run.

A weighted buffer bolt surely won't.

Anyone ever come across something like this?

picture004-2.jpg

(Sorry for the craptastic picture.)

I would guess I'm the only one because of the way it happened, but maybe not.

Basically I hand-tightened the screw that holds the nozzle assembly together (because I haven't gotten around to getting some blue threadlock) and didn't check the inside of the rig for a few weeks. About 2 mags before the nozzle snapped, I noticed it wasn't performing as normal and opened up the WE to discover the nozzle/piston assembly had worked its way about halfway down the silver screw in the bolt carrier. I would assume that the nozzle struck the inside of the piston upon returning to battery and severely stressed it.

Very stupid of me not to check the assembly or notice a decrease in performance earlier, I know. Guess this gives me the perfect opportunity to upgrade to the steel nozzle just to see what it's like.

Edit: Wrong photo. :P

Edited by Chris North

I got my TS custom parts today, new counter weighted buffer spring guide, and some of those enhanced bolt stops. They were all really easy to install, but honestly don't do much. The guide was suppose to dramatically increase recoil, but I see very very little difference. And the bolt stops don't work at all... they are more rounded than the previous ones, but then need to be taller to engage, not fatter... I might order the 90% spring and see if that works. TS customs is a reliable company to buy from, but the parts just aren't doing the trick.

my gun's bolt catch and magazine follower appeared to have malfunctioned.

I've only shot around 10 magazines, I noticed that my bolt was no longer locking back.

I tried to glue my bolt stop back together but it still doesn't' work.

If i manually cock it back it will lock MOST of the time. But if i shake the gun, the the bolt will be released.

When i dryfire it, the gun only locks back like 5% of the time or something.

Heres what they look llike

DSCN0747.jpg

i'm not sure if this is normal wear but I do have the v2 Steel bolt catch.

DSCN0769.jpg

the bolt catch plate doesn't look too worn though.

DSCN0770.jpg

do you guys think that my bolt catch is messed up?

Edited by accuracy
I got my TS custom parts today, new counter weighted buffer spring guide, and some of those enhanced bolt stops. They were all really easy to install, but honestly don't do much. The guide was suppose to dramatically increase recoil, but I see very very little difference. And the bolt stops don't work at all... they are more rounded than the previous ones, but then need to be taller to engage, not fatter... I might order the 90% spring and see if that works. TS customs is a reliable company to buy from, but the parts just aren't doing the trick.

This sucks big time, I orded those exact same parts 2 days ago..... :(

well i did lube up the mag catch a lot and along wiht the magazine parts.

I managed to get it to lock back pretty much every time now when i manually cock it, but still never now when i shoot it.

: [

i'm guessing either something to do with the bolt catch or that there is not enough power in bolt catch plate to push the catch upwards.

Edited by accuracy
it looks like its just the magazine fallower. you got any other mags?

if you manually engage the bolt catch (by pulling the bolt catch button out) does it stay open?

when i press and hold the button while it shooting it actually doesn't' make a difference.

however i discovered that the bolt begins locking back 75-95% when it is lower on gas.

If i pull the charging handle ALL the way back so bolt isn't touching the bolt catch, and i press the button, it appears to pop back to engage just fine, successively.

i did try putting the spring in the opposite way because i noticed that one side of the spring is flat and the other end is slanted and i'm not sure how it came.

hopefully it's just the follower.

Edited by accuracy