WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Crimson...

I think you might get a bit of a biased view seeing as this topic is dedicated to the WE.

I've not had my hands on the WA/G&P, but my WE is certainly pushing my buttons.

Its got a lovely build quality, yes there are a few issues but these seem to be minor and easily fixed and are being addressed by WE on subsequent releases.

Being full metal (Am I right in saying the WA has a plastic body?), its very solid and a lovely weight to carry about.

The breakdown and operation of are pretty sublime. Certainly much better than any AEG I've handled, including the Systema M4. Mag changes, stoppages and reloading are wonderful. The recoil is sufficient enough to make sure that any 'spray and pray' moments will only result in a number of missed shots as recoil upsets the firing position.

The hop up design lets the early releases (I'll avoid V1 and V2 terminology to keep people pleased) down, but that is being addressed. Without seeing the results of the new hop, I can't say how well it will perform.

The claims seem to be favourable.

Like all gas guns, it will not live up to the consistency of an AEG, but in terms of realism, it outstrips ANY AEG in a heartbeat.

How it compares to the WA I cannot say.

Is the WE worth it.... definitely.

Does not work in the WE M4. Dont waste your money.

It is WAY too thick, you cant shut the receiver. Not the same as a real lower inside.

ok, thanks a lot!

Somebody posted that real locking bolts would help. But I can't really believe they do.

btw, I killed part 76, that little spring that sits in the pistol grip and the small spring from an ordinary lighter does the trick as well.

Just in case.

And this is what mine looks today. I still got a King Arms CASV in the mail, plus some tuning parts from TS one.

img_02041vev.jpg

Crimson...

Snip

Is the WE worth it.... definitely.

The G&P version is full metal and has hop up and variable fps settings via npas

It also has more fps and better recoil but is twice the price for mags

The WE version as i can see has problems non stop ?

I may just get the new version 3 from airsoft buddy $450 gets me one posted to the uk so it does temp me very much

My team is making mil sim games now and my 44 rps CQB dominator is making playing a bit too easy for me :)

You not seen the WA thread.. just as many problems, and the fixes are WAY more expensive.

I've not got either yet, but the WE is cheaper, has MUCH better customer support, is cheaper... and is cheaper. Metal body too, and they come with extra barrels I think.

The WA I played with WAS nice... but with WE, you can switch it to dry fire mode or to realistic mode.. with the WA you have to change bolts!

And the NPAS is an upgrade part... costing about 200 extra bucks.

The G&P version is full metal and has hop up and variable fps settings via npas

It also has more fps and better recoil but is twice the price for mags

The WE version as i can see has problems non stop ?

I may just get the new version 3 from airsoft buddy $450 gets me one posted to the uk so it does temp me very much

My team is making mil sim games now and my 44 rps CQB dominator is making playing a bit too easy for me :)

For the UK you dont need more FPS than the WE has to offer - that would make it hotter than any site would allow and probably fairly illegal.

Regards the WE v's WA - Two guys from my site bought the WA a little while back - 5 months or so and have spent a fair bit on trying to get a hop that works. After trying my WE out the box they have put the WA's either on the shelf or for sale and replaceing them with WEs.

I found the shooting experiance to be comparable bewteen them, but the WE more accurate and reliable (although it still has a couple of its own issues).

Western Arms are way more expensive, especially when it comes to spare magazines and most of all, spare parts.

Both have weaknesses, but I prefer buying a (i.e.) $5 steel bolt catch for a WE over a $40 steel bolt catch for a WA.

PLUS:

The WE just came out, customer service is great, improvement goes on fast, several different companies work on aftermarket parts.

The WA, from what I heard, is still suffering from the same weaknesses since it hit the market. like cracking boltcarriers, nozzles, bolt catches and HopUp units.

So in a nutshell, you get much more bag for your buck with the WE and there ist quite a lot to come.

Edited by somegirls
^ Not all of us have these marks, but all of us have poor shot to shot consistency.

Wouldnt it be safe to say that the hopup has more to do with this poor accuracy?

(As well as the wet gas jet, used to propel the bb - as I have said many times. It wets and messes with the hop.)

Lets see how the new hop rubber performs.

I have these marks too, but my accuracy seems to be fine.

I'm using .28g G&G Brown BB"s from ASGI.

When i retrieve bb's i def see marks but not sure from bolt or not because it's not in an obvious circular pattern.

yeah I have to agree with everything thats been said.

I didn't want to be overly critical to the WA mainly because I'd be talking supposition rather than from first hand knowledge which is what I like to base my responses upon.

So all my references to the WA here are only from what I have read about other people's experiences and I can't corroborate any of them.

From the 2 guns, they both seem to have issues. The WE M4 doesn't have problems 'non-stop', it does have a few niggles here and there, but like I said earlier in this thread (not in response to your query), its new, there will be issues, but in all my years 'softing, I've never seen such a response to customer feedback, than WE have provided with this rifle.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new hop/barrel set-up, because the existing hop is very skittish and does need attention. That is the WE's biggest failing in my opinion. But its been addressed already, which is nice. How well the upgrade will perform, only time will tell.

So in terms of issues, I'd say they are both on par with each other.

The WE is certainly cheaper, both in initial cost and repairs. The WE parts are cheap. The mags are cheap, and this gun is worth considering purely on that fact alone.

The power variables for the WE will set you back $19 for the steel version, whereas the WA NPAS system is somewhat more expensive from what I gather.

Only the G&P version has a metal body, you'd be paying extra for the privilege of the metal body, which the WE already has.

I see you're at the Werkz, so you'd probably want to downgrade the WE anyway. It might well be a bit hot for the CQB environment, but the 30 round mags are really a nice touch. A shocker almost. Certainly made a huge difference from my normal game, and thats saying something seeing as I normally only use a sniper rifle and Hi-Capa back-up. Must be a purely psychological thing, but it's good what ever it is.

Personally, I took a gamble on the WE. But it was a thought through gamble.

Its cheaper than the WA, by a considerably margin. You have to feasibly factor in at least 6 mags too. With such limited capacity, you need a few of them. I've currently got three, and it's not enough.

If you're after one, speak to Mark at Tactical Quartermaster, he's a top bloke and will certainly help you out. I'm sure LWA will be just as good, but I've never had any dealings with them.

Got my custom parts from TS One today.

Initial impressions?

The ano blue counterweighted buffer does nothing for enhanced recoil. (70% increase is so wildly overstated it pizzes me off)

All it does is slow the ROF down a smidge (perceived sluggishness) and add the "clatter" of the inner weight sliding back and forth in the buffer. Which is actually sort of annoying.

I didnt even install the mag locks since my gun never had any issue with "not locking back" and because Cobbcore said they make things worse (wrong shape not tall enough).

Im selling the anti-rotation pins to any body who wants them. PM me, same price no waiting. They will be in the mail same day.

Reviews of all new parts at the WIKi post over the weekend. Ill give them a fair day in court - as best I can.

Edited by rottenotto

Yah, I was really looking forward to the increased recoil... but nothing :(. TS custom had great customer service and great prices with free shipping, but their products are lacking. I am tempted to try the enhanced recoil spring, but I am 0/2 so far. I plan on ordering the new hop-up from them once they are in stock and if they have some other new parts such as a trigger guard or some of those CNC bodies I might give them another shot.

Yah, I was really looking forward to the increased recoil... but nothing :(. TS custom had great customer service and great prices with free shipping, but their products are lacking. I am tempted to try the enhanced recoil spring, but I am 0/2 so far. I plan on ordering the new hop-up from them once they are in stock and if they have some other new parts such as a trigger guard or some of those CNC bodies I might give them another shot.

Ha! Yeah me too. (should have waited)

The only thing I see worth buying is the new hopup (has to be bnetter than this POS in the gun now) and the steel nozzle head should be worthwhile.

But trigger guard? No interest for me whatsoever. They look tacky as Hell.

And these recoil parts are a complete waste IMO. I put the old buffer back in.

C02 mags please!!!

Can anyone confirm something for me? Next time you remove the bolt assembly from the upper, is there any resistance from the tip of the nozzle snugged up against the bb chamber? In other words, when you pull out your bolt assembly from the upper, does the nozzle "catch" the brass BB feed area...kinda like its friction fitted into that section?

Same goes for inserting: When putting the bolt carrier back in, do you have to push it forward (pushing the nozzle end into the BB hop-up/loading chamber) with a little bit more of a squishy force in order to fully lower the upper? Thanks!