WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

WA G&P m4 or the WE m4

The G&P WOC should not be confused with the WA M4. Despite them being practically the same, the performance and reliability of the G&P classifies it as another animal; Its a WA rifle with all the WA bits removed and replaced with G&P (full metal, reinforced) parts. I handled a friends G&P WOC CQBR last Sunday and was beside him for most of the skirmishes. Sound was similar, so was recoil and range/accuracy provided that my N4 was previously downgraded to 380fps. The only limiting factor I see is the big difference in price for the unit and the magazines. If the two were similarly priced or at least close, I'd have to use my magic 8 ball to decide which to get.

Sorry for not looking through the past 20 pages, but I have a NON RIS version of the Me M4 and I'm looking for an m203 grenade launcher.

Does anyone know what brand will fit without modifications?

I have a Dboys 3-in-1 M203 mounted on mine using the G&P barrel adapter. Anything made for G&P barrels should also fit. Although mine needed a minor modification just to be QD, otherwise I'd have to remove my front sight just to slip it on.

is there any resistance from the tip of the nozzle snugged up against the bb chamber?

Yes. Normal. Thats the rubber part #117 making a seal against the nozzle.

Edited by renegadecow
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Got my custom parts from TS One today.

Initial impressions?

The ano blue counterweighted buffer does nothing for enhanced recoil. (70% increase is so wildly overstated it pizzes me off)

So a few bucks down the tubes...

Is it normal that the buffer spring "swings" after almost every shot?

When I shoot I can clearly here the spring kinda vibrating. Is there any way to deaden that sound?

@ redline:

Ýou should lub the inside of the "brass tube" to make it easier for the air seal to move.

Edited by somegirls
Not that I saw. I saw this on Evike, http://www.airsoftpost.com/matrix-full-met...rt-p-30620.html

Is this the same thing? Since its "Matrix" brand it means they've rebranded something else. It looks like the same product, without the trades.

Just like Lordelpus said, it's a rebranded Dboys:

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=1349

Hope you can cancel your order since the price is about 2.5 times less on gunner...

Got my custom parts from TS One today.

Initial impressions?

The ano blue counterweighted buffer does nothing for enhanced recoil. (70% increase is so wildly overstated it pizzes me off)

Same for me, absolutely no difference on recoil between the stock and TS-custom buffers.

Edited by skyflash
What mods did you need to do to make it QD? And what on earth is a QD ris anyyay, I've only ever used ones that screw on.

Not QD ris, QD barrel nut attachment. You slide the barrel of the gun through the gap on the M203 bracket, lock it against the barrel nut and clamp the front part. Takes me all of 10 seconds when I really need to remove it and hurl it at someone when out of shells.

The problem was the gap was too narrow and cannot slide through the barrel. I had to grind down about 1mm from each side to widen it. Otherwise you'd need to remove the entire front sight just to slip it on which is not very quick at all.

As for the TS upgrade parts, I'm waiting for mine too and quite bummed to hear that it sucks. Still, I could always delude myself to justify the purchase of something worth 17 bucks that does absolutely nothing. <_<

edit:

Wait, what happened to the guy who added some weight to his buffer and got really good results? I'm inclined to think that since the recoil is perceived, the felt increase becomes relative. Or am I starting to delude myself already?

Edited by renegadecow
Wait, what happened to the guy who added some weight to his buffer and got really good results? I'm inclined to think that since the recoil is perceived, the felt increase becomes relative. Or am I starting to delude myself already?

Well, I would like to test this mod too.

I'm just waiting for a real AR15 buffer with RS tube & stock, and I try the mod on it.

Well, I would like to test this mod too.

I'm just waiting for a real AR15 buffer with RS tube & stock, and I try the mod on it.

I did this mod(you can see a comparative thread here: http://www.france-airsoft.fr/forum/index.p...4544&st=966 , post 986) I really feel a increased recoil(now the gun moves nearly 1 or 2 centimeters back to the user...maybe is it only a feeling but the gun clearly moves backward). But I did not use the spring of the RS stock, simply because it's too powerfull for the green gas, since it's sheduled for use in a real AR-15

For those that own the recoil counterweight:

About how much would you say it weighs? What does it seem to be made of?

I also was able to add some small lead weights originally intended for fishing to see their effect. I don't recall how much weight was added total but I also noticed a bit more kick. I had a bit more trouble with cool-down though.

Just a quick question

i have been following this thread for a while and i still cant decide on the WA G&P m4 or the WE m4

I have the funds for either but i dont want to spend all of it

If you had £400 what would you guys buy ?

I have both; a WE M4 AFC and a G&P M4 WOC. Put it this way, the WE isn't getting used much after getting the G&P, it's basically now my loan rifle / backup.

Both are good fun. Both are well built. The WE is cheaper. The G&P has a marginally better kick and rate of fire on propane. The WE has nice cheap mags and spares. The G&P has a slightly more realistic operation with a fully moving bolt and no hideous brass showing. The WE has nice cheap spares. The G&P feels and looks a lot better in the flesh. The WE has better gas efficiency. The G&P is more consistent both in muzzle velocity and accuracy.

Basically if you can afford it and look after it, and you're after the closest operation to real-steel yet seen in an Airsoft rifle, get the G&P. You wont regret it.

If you're after a cheaper GBB rifle and aren't too bothered by the lack of realism in operation, grab the WE, again you wont regret it.

I have both; a WE M4 AFC and a G&P M4 WOC. Put it this way, the WE isn't getting used much after getting the G&P, it's basically now my loan rifle / backup.

Both are good fun. Both are well built. The WE is cheaper. The G&P has a marginally better kick and rate of fire on propane. The WE has nice cheap mags and spares. The G&P has a slightly more realistic operation with a fully moving bolt and no hideous brass showing. The WE has nice cheap spares. The G&P feels and looks a lot better in the flesh. The WE has better gas efficiency. The G&P is more consistent both in muzzle velocity and accuracy.

Basically if you can afford it and look after it, and you're after the closest operation to real-steel yet seen in an Airsoft rifle, get the G&P. You wont regret it.

If you're after a cheaper GBB rifle and aren't too bothered by the lack of realism in operation, grab the WE, again you wont regret it.

Well... you forgot to mention our CO2 capability :rolleyes: .

I agree. I played with my friends G&P and was very, very impressed. I wish I was rich. Its nice, but the drawbacks are cost. Not so much the cost of the rifle, but the mags!! Cripes!! Heavy too!! But if money wasn't an issue, then yeah, I'd rock the G&P. But the WE definetely wins in the bang for buck department and in the aftermarket support.

I kind of view the WE as a Honda..good quality, awesome aftermarket support from many companies, good price and etc, and the best part, I don't worry too much about it when skirmishing. A very well balanced product.

I see the G&P as a BMW. Awesome product, but very, very expensive...and not too much aftermarket options at this point. One thing I know, is that my friends won't skirmish with the G&P..theyre afraid to scratch it and/or lose the mags...wait..they only have one mag. :D

Edited by redline

I'm sick of people complaining or commenting on the "lack of realism" in the WE M4.

I would put money down that none of these chairsofters have ever used a real M16. I'm in the USAF, I regularly use and abuse the M16A2 and M9 Pistol.

The WE M4 functions EXACTLY the same as a real rifle. To the point where I've used mine as a training aid for remedial action (SPORTS) for airmen who werent "getting it".

The brass, in my opinion, makes it look MORE realistic than the WA version! All you see is BLACK when the WA shoots, where's the brass of the shell? I'll tell you where, in the WE M4! While you're cycling the WE it looks like brass being fed into the chamber.

Heres what I say. Let the WA Chairsofters use their "realistic" weapon while those of us who have half a brain stick with the WE.

It seems like the same folk who use and swear by Monster brand cables would be the same ones who argue for the WA M4.

In terms of what the shooter does to operate the GBB, and the controls, I'm sure both are fine approximations to the real deal. I mean, what the hell is there? Charging handle works on both. Forward assist works on both. Bolt release works on both. The selector works on both. The trigger works on both. Brass thingy aside, the WE and WA are both pretty damn real

There's really no need to insult people who picked one over the other. It's their money.

Edited by slu
In terms of what the shooter does to operate the GBB, and the controls, I'm sure both are fine approximations to the real deal. I mean, what the hell is there? Charging handle works on both. Forward assist works on both. Bolt release works on both. The selector works on both. The trigger works on both. Brass thingy aside, the WE and WA are both pretty damn real

There's really no need to insult people who picked one over the other. It's their money.

completely agree