WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

That came across a little stronger than I wanted to!

Sorry if I came across insulting, how the HELL do I edit my post?

Prodigy, I have the enw mag catches in the mail right now, I should have them by friday, I'll post up results when they arrive!

EDIT: How much lubricant are you guys using? After switching to propane only and cleaning every ounce of silicone out of the gun, I'm running it 100% dry. Zero lubrication asside from whatever it gets from the propane. It still gets a bit slicked up after each game, but it run without a hitch and is much more consistent than when I was using silicone (and green gas)

Edited by wraithxt1
Well... you forgot to mention our CO2 capability :rolleyes: .

It's not available yet. When it is, I'll comment on it, but I can only work with what's in my hands. ;)

I'm sick of people complaining or commenting on the "lack of realism" in the WE M4.

I would put money down that none of these chairsofters have ever used a real M16. I'm in the USAF, I regularly use and abuse the M16A2 and M9 Pistol.

The WE M4 functions EXACTLY the same as a real rifle...

Chairsofter? No offence chap, but as an ex-serviceman myself, I'm commenting on the 'lack of realism' in the WE with my eyes wide open. Never used an M4 / M16, but I have used a C7 which is essentially the same, and the WE M4 is less realistic in comparison to the G&P purely because of the way the bolt functions. That may or may not be important to any given individual, but it's a plus point for me, hence my comments on it. The brass annoys me as when the bolt locks back, it looks like you've got some hideous brass stoppage! Externally / controls-wise however the WE and G&P function identically to each other and to the C7 (and by extension the M4 / M16 I presume).

Different strokes for different folks, I'm just saying what I see in each rifle, with no affiliation to either brand or companies involved. I'm trying in particular to make it easier for people looking to dump a chunk of cash on either to decide what they want to go for.

I agree in the sence that when I reload on a real firearm I check the chamber first and seeing that brass gets me to think I'm not supposed to reload. But hey, It makes the WE a lot more reliable and functions much better and that I would take over the other companies.

Edited by smokenghosts
That came across a little stronger than I wanted to!

Sorry if I came across insulting, how the HELL do I edit my post?

Prodigy, I have the enw mag catches in the mail right now, I should have them by friday, I'll post up results when they arrive!

EDIT: How much lubricant are you guys using? After switching to propane only and cleaning every ounce of silicone out of the gun, I'm running it 100% dry. Zero lubrication asside from whatever it gets from the propane. It still gets a bit slicked up after each game, but it run without a hitch and is much more consistent than when I was using silicone (and green gas)

Wraith, for the me the pluses on the WA (actually the G&P version with metal body) wasn't so much the realism...it was the feel and smoothness of everything. Maybe its just my WE, but the 2 G&P I played with were just so smooth when pulling the charging handle back. another plus is the rate of fire and kick. It had a more consistant and faster rate of fire. From what I understand, the WE have a more realistic rate of fire, but for some reason (I can't figure out why) when firing in full auto (even in short controlled bursts), the WE seems to cool down so much the rate slows down right away. My friends G&P didn't.

Now which one would I rather have on the field? WE all the way...what's genius about it, is the simplicity of the system. Plus, as mentioned before, the aftermarket support, cost of replacement parts, customer service is second to none. Lol, I kinda view this as the HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray battle...I wonder which one will come up on top.

That may or may not be important to any given individual, but it's a plus point for me, hence my comments on it. The brass annoys me as when the bolt locks back, it looks like you've got some hideous brass stoppage! Externally / controls-wise however the WE and G&P function identically to each other and to the C7 (and by extension the M4 / M16 I presume).

Different strokes for different folks, I'm just saying what I see in each rifle, with no affiliation to either brand or companies involved. I'm trying in particular to make it easier for people looking to dump a chunk of cash on either to decide what they want to go for.

True, the whole "seeing brass" while reloading from empty is a bit odd the first few times. As you mentioned, different strikes for different folks. I preffer seeing the brass while I watch someone shoot the WE M4, and I dont mind seeing it while reloading. I guess some people dont like seeing the brass while firing and like the empty chamber look all the time.

Also, the C7 functions the same as any other M16 variant. I cant recall the difference between them at the moment, but I believe they are just minor external differences.

Back to my previous question, how much lubricant if any are you guys using?

EDIT: Here's a video of my WE M4 in action this weekend at an Urban Training Facility used by the Navy here in Hawaii.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA7qcBylGZk

Edited by wraithxt1
I'm sick of people complaining or commenting on the "lack of realism" in the WE M4.

I would put money down that none of these chairsofters have ever used a real M16. I'm in the USAF, I regularly use and abuse the M16A2 and M9 Pistol.

The WE M4 functions EXACTLY the same as a real rifle. To the point where I've used mine as a training aid for remedial action (SPORTS) for airmen who werent "getting it".

The brass, in my opinion, makes it look MORE realistic than the WA version! All you see is BLACK when the WA shoots, where's the brass of the shell? I'll tell you where, in the WE M4! While you're cycling the WE it looks like brass being fed into the chamber.

Heres what I say. Let the WA Chairsofters use their "realistic" weapon while those of us who have half a brain stick with the WE.

It seems like the same folk who use and swear by Monster brand cables would be the same ones who argue for the WA M4.

O... GOODNESS SAKE!! You should've have seen the smiles in the office when all of us read this!!rdr52443.gif There's just NOTHING like having one's product being endorsed by real operators!! good.gif

THANK YOU!!! xiexie.gif

As for lubrication, I just use green gas..but others have mentioned, after a few mags, it tends to get too wet. Then I switch over to propane (without silicone)..until I don't see "white smoke" anymore. After I'm done skirmishing and cleaning up, I fill each mag with green gas just to keep the seals wet till I'm ready to go. Anyone else have other suggestions?

But I got to admit..having the silicone blast your face, makes it even more realistic. When firing real steel, we call this "gun cum" :D :D

Edited by redline
But I got to admit..having the silicone blast your face, makes it even more realistic. When firing real steel, we call this "gun cum" :D :D

Hah! I make it a note when I'm cleaning my M16 to CLP the ###### out of it a few times until I'm not getting gunk out of it anymore, and then WIPE IT ALL OFF! I hate gunked up weapons with a passion and I do everything in my power to make sure my rifle is dry with very little lubricant on it.

Also, if you dont keep your mag charged you're asking for leaky magazines. I left a few empty for about two weeks, and I havent been able to get them to seal again since. SO stay safe, keep your mags with at least a few squirts of gas in it.

Oh, and WETTI, does this mean I get a free SCAR ;-)

Edited by wraithxt1

And another question from me:

I got the DBOYS 3in1 metal M203 grenade launcher with QD barrel mount (Short) and I want to install it to my RIS.

First off, I had to shorten the the weaver clamp for about 5mm so it could fit lenthwise under the RIS. Before that it would always get stuck with the barrel nut thread.

Now that it does attach to the RIS, there's another problem: The front clamp is too low to wrap it around the barrel... In other words, the whole launcher is too low.

Did anyone else encounter a problem like this with his RIS or launcher?

p10000737h92.jpg

So my CASV arrived.

Unfortunately my Matech 600m replica rear sight doesn't fit on there any more, so my D'Boys has to do the job.

I'm still waiting for my EoTech 557, than I will put the standard CASV rear sight on.

What do you guys think?

img_0220wrbn.jpg

img_02053fw5.jpg

img_02123i9u.jpg

img_0214mgqv.jpg

img_02153kjo.jpg

Hah! I make it a note when I'm cleaning my M16 to CLP the ###### out of it a few times until I'm not getting gunk out of it anymore, and then WIPE IT ALL OFF! I hate gunked up weapons with a passion and I do everything in my power to make sure my rifle is dry with very little lubricant on it.

Also, if you dont keep your mag charged you're asking for leaky magazines. I left a few empty for about two weeks, and I havent been able to get them to seal again since. SO stay safe, keep your mags with at least a few squirts of gas in it.

Oh, and WETTI, does this mean I get a free SCAR ;-)

Wraith, what's your MOS in the USAF? A good friend of mine was a PJ. Was so cool to hear his stories during indoc and etc. Dude is the fittest guy I've ever met. :o

I'm a 6C, not exactly a combat profession! All PJs and TACPs Ive ever met have been models of human fitness. They really have to be, considering the duty they perform. I'm not sure I can even pass the entrance PT exam to be a PJ!

In the video I posted on the last page, for a while I was firing in a building. The sound created by the WE M4 is amplified by a large amount. Just the sound of it was enough to scare people away! As I was falling backi nthe beginning I was shooting at a wall to cover my retreat, since I knew they wouldnt dare stick their head out when I was aiming at them!

I should be receiving my 'real steel' modified charging handle from Horizon Tactical soon. I'll be doing a full test and review with pictures as soon as it arrives. On a side note Horizon's customer service has been second to none so far, I will also review HT as a retailer once my order arrives safely.

Really nice video, what camera are you using to film it ? VIO POV1 ?

I actually used a 60 dollar camera from Best Buy attached to a special rail mount on my carry handle. It looks pretty goofy in action, but it works very well, and cost me a total of 60 dollars. It's rock solid and for 60 dollars I dont worry about abusing the hell out of the camera! I'll take a few pictures once I get home to show you guys what I mean.

I'm a 6C, not exactly a combat profession! All PJs and TACPs Ive ever met have been models of human fitness. They really have to be, considering the duty they perform. I'm not sure I can even pass the entrance PT exam to be a PJ!

Huh, I figure with your extensive experience on small arms, if not PJ/CRO or combat weather, you'd be security forces or something like that, but that is beside the point. Maybe you get to go to the joint forces range a lot.

Edited by slu

As a 6C I spend an awful lot of my deployed time off base with only an M9, so it behooves me to be intimatly familiar with the use of my Primary duty weapon (the m9) and the M16. I really enjoyed shooting when I started, but however many thousands of rounds later I'm not quit as enthusiastic about it =(

On top of that, most of the time when I go off base I dont wear a uniform or armor, so its not a fun time at all since It really doesnt help me blend in considering I'm a pale white guy. But thats for another thread.

Edited by wraithxt1

1:47 into it, that noise and gas in the background...is it me, or did one of the WE's malfunction and expel a mag's worth of gas?

-Vic

P.S. Also, I'm pretty sure SSG Bradley Crawford is a member of Arnie's. Can't remember his username, though, but I'm pretty sure he's associated with FRAT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mjSjiGjoFc...feature=related

Edited by Victory

Did anyone here buy that stabilizer piece for the valve rod from airsoft buddy? I just got mine and tried installing it. So far, I'm starting to feel let down by WE in terms of quality control. I love the prodcut but, nothing seems to fit. The tolerances seem to be all over the place...the CQB barrel I got, doesn't even fit into part #111. Barrel is either too thick or mishapen. I tried greasing, lubing and everything...I don't want to force it in either.

My longer barrel that came with it, is easily removed/installed.

Now the issue I have is with the stabilizer piece I just got. Quite simply, it doesn't fit. It will slide down the inside of the bolt carrier, but before it can reach the end, it gets snagged on a "micro ledge" inside the bolt carrier. Seems like the CNC machine missed a spot or something. I know its easily remedied (sand the plastic stabilizer piece down), but still...

Sorry for the rant. Don't know whether I just got a crappy version, or if anyone else is having the same issues.

Did anyone here buy that stabilizer piece for the valve rod from airsoft buddy? I just got mine and tried installing it. So far, I'm starting to feel let down by WE in terms of quality control. I love the prodcut but, nothing seems to fit. The tolerances seem to be all over the place...the CQB barrel I got, doesn't even fit into part #111. Barrel is either too thick or mishapen. I tried greasing, lubing and everything...I don't want to force it in either.

My longer barrel that came with it, is easily removed/installed.

Now the issue I have is with the stabilizer piece I just got. Quite simply, it doesn't fit. It will slide down the inside of the bolt carrier, but before it can reach the end, it gets snagged on a "micro ledge" inside the bolt carrier. Seems like the CNC machine missed a spot or something. I know its easily remedied (sand the plastic stabilizer piece down), but still...

Sorry for the rant. Don't know whether I just got a crappy version, or if anyone else is having the same issues.

I just got mine yesterday. I honestly didnt even know what it was for when I bought it, so what is its purpose?