WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Did anyone here buy that stabilizer piece for the valve rod from airsoft buddy? I just got mine and tried installing it. So far, I'm starting to feel let down by WE in terms of quality control. I love the prodcut but, nothing seems to fit. The tolerances seem to be all over the place...the CQB barrel I got, doesn't even fit into part #111. Barrel is either too thick or mishapen. I tried greasing, lubing and everything...I don't want to force it in either.

My longer barrel that came with it, is easily removed/installed.

Now the issue I have is with the stabilizer piece I just got. Quite simply, it doesn't fit. It will slide down the inside of the bolt carrier, but before it can reach the end, it gets snagged on a "micro ledge" inside the bolt carrier. Seems like the CNC machine missed a spot or something. I know its easily remedied (sand the plastic stabilizer piece down), but still...

Sorry for the rant. Don't know whether I just got a crappy version, or if anyone else is having the same issues.

From what I've heard, a new CNC replacement part for the whole #121/122 unit will be released these next couple days by LAT (@TS One). I saw the prototype the other day & this thing might just solve the #122 issue PERMANENTLY ;) I'll call them up to check on the progress. Here's a pic of it that I took with my phone camera...

DSC00099.jpg

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Did anyone here buy that stabilizer piece for the valve rod from airsoft buddy? I just got mine and tried installing it. So far, I'm starting to feel let down by WE in terms of quality control. I love the prodcut but, nothing seems to fit. The tolerances seem to be all over the place...the CQB barrel I got, doesn't even fit into part #111. Barrel is either too thick or mishapen. I tried greasing, lubing and everything...I don't want to force it in either.

My longer barrel that came with it, is easily removed/installed.

Now the issue I have is with the stabilizer piece I just got. Quite simply, it doesn't fit. It will slide down the inside of the bolt carrier, but before it can reach the end, it gets snagged on a "micro ledge" inside the bolt carrier. Seems like the CNC machine missed a spot or something. I know its easily remedied (sand the plastic stabilizer piece down), but still...

Sorry for the rant. Don't know whether I just got a crappy version, or if anyone else is having the same issues.

yup, i just got mine last monday and i've email william AB on how to install the stabilizer and william AB will post some pictures later on this friday

I odn't know whether its my M4 or magazines...but everynow and then, mine would do the same as that video. Like it would just dump EVERYTHING out of the mag even after I released the trigger...like it froze or got stuck or something (and no bolt cycling either).

Thats the floating valve sticking - or for some, breaking.

If it doesnt seal off, the gas charge cant develop enough pressure to blow the bolt back.

If it doesnt blow the bolt back, the firing pin doesnt get drawn back after the initial "tap" on the mag valve.

If the firing pin doesnt get drawn back, it stays pressed against the mag valve, and "PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT" in one big gaseous cloud.

If you keep checking valve rod every time before and after using your WE and put some kind of lock tight to keep guide rod in place, you probably don't need this stabilizer. I just wanted to try this stabilizer. I think I may need to use it for some time and then compare with those which do not have a stabilizer on.

Haven't gone on a skirmish with it but I went to the backyard to break-in my 3 week old M4. Some observations:

1. The mags (both of them) leaked after I filled them. But they sealed up OK after a few shots and they have stayed that way

2. Every 3rd or 4th shot, the BB will fall after just 5 meters though this settled down after 100 shots

4. The hop-up is crazy. With 0.2 BBs (I don't have .30s), they basically fly up after just 3 meters... it did the same thing even after I dialed the hop-up all the way to the other end

5. Once, after the bolt locked back, I had to reload a mag so I switched it to safe. The bolt released and slapped forward. Is that normal?

6. First 100 shots or so, a BB will roll out from time to time when I point the barrel down. That resolved after awhile too

7. When I fire 3 round bursts, usually 1 will fall flat while the other 2 will fly all the way up

8. I noticed the hop-up chamber is coated with a very thick layer of lubricant/grease. Made me wonder if the problems I has (2 to 7) were all due to this. Anyone can advise?

Will the maintenance guide in the WE M4A1 site fix all these issues? I'm still in the hunt for locktite as it's not readily available here. Can I assume I'll have to degrease all the parts first before I proceed with what's in the guide?

Edited by jesTer
redline, the feedback on most aftermarket parts seems to be pretty bad.

Let's hope they're coming up with something usefull in the near future. :(

Hi everyone, this is TS One. WETTI called me & said may be I should come here to take care of my customers complaints.

I see that some customers commented that some of the parts not working properly? In fact most of our parts are designed & tested before release.

For example, the blue spring guide was tested many, many time & was proven to increase the 'kick' feeling. We run our tests on top gas only. Propane is NOT suitable to run in this gun & the effect is not very much different. We will shoot a video of the test with the 'blue spring guide vs the stock one' very soon to demonstrate the increase 'kick' effect.

If anyone has any question, you're welcome to email us: ts_service@yahoo.com

Nice to see you post directly here TS One.

Do you have anymore products in the pipeline?

I'm waiting from my spring guide and bolt plates to arrive from Horizon Tactical so I will post my experiences when they arrive but generally feedback hasn't been great so far to be honest.

Very refreshing indeed.

I note that...

We run our tests on top gas only. Propane is NOT suitable to run in this gun

Odd, because I'm sure WE recommend that the WE M4 is run solely on Green (propane) because the blowback action is probably not sufficient when run on 134a. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And if this is the case, surely it would be prudent to run your tests using Propane or equivalent.

Bearing this in mind.... if your current products are not designed to work with Propane, what the hell is going to happen when the CO2 mags are released? That will blow your product testing out of the water!

On a personal note, do we know when the new barrel/hop sets will be available? There are conflicting reports flying about and I'm sure most people are waiting for this bit alone.... seeing as power is not an issue, but accuracy at the moment is...

Very refreshing indeed.

I note that...

Odd, because I'm sure WE recommend that the WE M4 is run solely on Green (propane) because the blowback action is probably not sufficient when run on 134a. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And if this is the case, surely it would be prudent to run your tests using Propane or equivalent.

Bearing this in mind.... if your current products are not designed to work with Propane, what the hell is going to happen when the CO2 mags are released? That will blow your product testing out of the water!

On a personal note, do we know when the new barrel/hop sets will be available? There are conflicting reports flying about and I'm sure most people are waiting for this bit alone.... seeing as power is not an issue, but accuracy at the moment is...

Hi Guys,

1. I just called up TS Custom's boss & he seems to be confused about what 'propane' is over on your end... even I'm confused now. We do not have 'propane' here in HK, just 'top/green gas', H134A & 'red gas'... Our stock WE AWSS M4 (with brass nozzle) & it's magazine is designed to run on 'top/green gas' only & I believe that's what TS Custom had based their designs (incl. the spring guide) on. 'Propane' is a new term to us here & from our conversation, it seems that TSC is perceiving it as something like 'lighter fuel'...?? Btw... the 'top/green' gas we run here is silicone laced. So I'm not sure what that 'dry' gas is that you guys are running...

Anyhow, I think TSC will be shooting a demo vid showcasing the effect of their spring guide for all to see. I'm looking forward to that myself.

2. Our gun, by itself, is designed to run on CO2; just that the brass nozzle has to be replaced by the steel one for better handling of the higher pressure of CO2. Of course the magazine is of entirely different design altogether.

3. The new hop-up/barrel unit will probably be available for individual purchase come April. The exact release date has not been set yet. All I can say at the moment is... there's a specific reason why we're holding it back & you'll learn about it soon enough. It has nothing to do with the unit itself, that thing is dead accurate: I'm getting sub-10" groupings (10 shots) at 50' shooting from a rest out of my personal CQBR-length M4 (& the barrel is only a brass sample, not the chrome one). The new hop-up works very well indeed.

WETTI

Propane is propane... there's no other term for it. Green/Top gas is simply propane, with some fragrance and excessive levels of silicone in it.

A company called Airsoft Innovation released an adaptor, allowing people to use the much cheaper propane cans, and their own silicone to it. As such it is perfect for GBBRs.

Propane is used in many other applications, like gas fires.

Propane is propane... there's no other term for it. Green/Top gas is simply propane, with some fragrance and excessive levels of silicone in it.

A company called Airsoft Innovation released an adaptor, allowing people to use the much cheaper propane cans, and their own silicone to it. As such it is perfect for GBBRs.

Propane is used in many other applications, like gas fires.

hmmm... I'm even more confused now...we simply do not have any 'big can' of Top/Green gas here (just one size), nor do we have any sort of 'adaptor' for use with these... are those 'propane cans' you mentioned refillable?