WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I think somebody had that same problem same pages ago!

Guess it's not normal by any means.

Let's not jump to conclusions here. My #42 (brass) can be moved around if you try (this is a low power assembly). That being said there have, as you mentioned, been problems with #42 reported earlier in the thread. I am not sure we ever had enough detail to ascertain the actual cause though. Some pictures for the experts of this thread to review (not me) might be a good starting point. It is indeed a shame that nodoby at TS1 noticed the missing #45 before shipping :huh:

Edited by Marky [UE]
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

chris, hows the color of the RS charging handle? Is it black or does it match the AB bluish/grey?

Hey redline,

Apparently it is a flat/semi gloss black but I'll confirm that when I get back home.

Is anyone using a Hurricane EoTech on their WE M4?

I really want an EoTech 553 but I'm unsure if an ACM will hold up to the recoil so I thought I would spend a bit more and go for the Hurricane version in tan.

However I just want to make sure that it will hold up to the recoil because it wouldn't be so bad if the ACM version broke but a $200 Hurricane...not so good :P

Edited by chris u'5
Hey redline,

Apparently it is a flat/semi gloss black but I'll confirm that when I get back home.

Is anyone using a Hurricane EoTech on their WE M4?

I really want an EoTech 553 but I'm unsure if an ACM will hold up to the recoil so I thought I would spend a bit more and go for the Hurricane version in tan.

However I just want to make sure that it will hold up to the recoil because it wouldn't be so bad if the ACM version broke but a $200 Hurricane...not so good :P

I can confirm that ACM will not survive WE's recoil. My friend has tried that and failed. I just want to have EoTech replica as well. So far I cannot find one that can stand WE's recoil. Been thinking about Hurricane as well. Just only could not find one who has tried it on WE. So now, I have G&P Aimpoint on my WE. It works great.

Yeah I did.

Sorry when it came out wrong.

ACM calls it a 557 even if it's acutally a replica of a EoTech 556.

The real Eotech 557 is longer than the 557 clone.

But anyways it looks good, it sits on tight and it works plus it has nice markings.

'bout $90 shipped from dragonredairsoft.com

Edited by somegirls
So what's better? Aluminum or steel? Won't steel be heavier, so slower cycle and more gas? (but the momentum once traveling will probably be more recoil)..and our stock bolt carriers..what material are they?

Your points are indeed valid. The stock steel carrier will provide the normal cycle rate and strong recoil. It won't use more gas as this should always be the same. That being said in low temperature conditions or when gas in the mag is low the cycle cannot be completed and things get messy. The aluminium carrier would produce a faster cycle rate at the expense recoil but should be less affected by temperature changes in the environment or the gun. I did hear rumours that under certain circumstances the aluminium carrier was cycling too fast and causing jams, double feeds etc. I would still like to try one in the odd weather we have here though. Another grapevine rumour mentioned that the aluminium bolt carrier was a limited run and at this time no further runs are planned at this time.

Edited by Marky [UE]
Yeah I did.

Sorry when it came out wrong.

ACM calls it a 557 even if it's acutally a replica of a EoTech 556.

The real Eotech 557 is longer than the 557 clone.

But anyways it looks good, it sits on tight and it works plus it has nice markings.

'bout $90 shipped from dragonredairsoft.com

So it's holding up to the recoil so far then?

Your points are indeed valid. The stock steel carrier will provide the normal cycle rate and strong recoil. It won't use more gas as this should always be the same. That being said in low temperature conditions or when gas in the mag is low the cycle cannot be completed and things get messy. The aluminium carrier would produce a faster cycle rate at the expense recoil but should be less affected by temperature changes in the environment or the gun. I did hear rumours that under certain circumstances the aluminium carrier was cycling too fast and causing jams, double feeds etc. I would still like to try one in the odd weather we have here though. Another grapevine rumour mentioned that the aluminium bolt carrier was a limited run and at this time no further runs are planned at this time.

Hmmm...I didn't even think about temperature conditions..any reviews on the aluminum bolt carrier floating around?

So what's better? Aluminum or steel? Won't steel be heavier, so slower cycle and more gas? (but the momentum once traveling will probably be more recoil)..and our stock bolt carriers..what material are they?

The steel one is just the stock bolt carrier, not an upgrade part. There will not be any 'upgrade' bolt carrier from us , as this stock one is already hardened & made as good as it is going to get.

The steel one is just the stock bolt carrier, not an upgrade part. There will not be any 'upgrade' bolt carrier from us , as this stock one is already hardened & made as good as it is going to get.

The 'REAL' Limited Edition will be coming soon.... ;)

Also,...

the aluminum bolt carrier is a "no go" on rifles operating at 500fps.

This was told to me from William and also by the good guys at Horizon Tactical.

A lousy surprise to anybody who bought the aluminum bolt carrier early.

They are pretty much "not for sale" at the moment.

(Steel bolt carrier all the way)

Edited by rottenotto