WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

It could be that part that is sticking out behind the hammer. I it might have been bent backwards when I have accidentally tried to slam the upper receiver in while the mechanism has been set to auto-mode. I tried to bend the part forward a little bit with pliers and it seemed to help a bit. It works a bit better, so that it won't stick to full-auto 100% of the time. But it still does that often... Seems that in the current trigger mechanism version that is been sold at Airsoft Buddy this part has been changed considerably.

I'm thinking of getting this new version and converting this old version to semi-only, so that I could switch to sniper if I want to.

Edited by Lupus78

Yay! I got it working! I just bent the part even more and now it works perfect! Oh man I'm reliefed...

Oh, and here's my gun with it's current external upgrades.

we_m4_vltor.jpg

The stock is the chinese clone of the VLTOR modstock that is been sold at RSOV. I'm very satisfied to it's build quality. And almost no wobble at all, unlike the original M4 stock that came with the gun. I just love it's feel with it's wide cheek rest and thick rubber end plate.

Edited by Lupus78
It could be that part that is sticking out behind the hammer. I it might have been bent backwards when I have accidentally tried to slam the upper receiver in while the mechanism has been set to auto-mode. I tried to bend the part forward a little bit with pliers and it seemed to help a bit. It works a bit better, so that it won't stick to full-auto 100% of the time. But it still does that often... Seems that in the current trigger mechanism version that is been sold at Airsoft Buddy this part has been changed considerably.

I'm thinking of getting this new version and converting this old version to semi-only, so that I could switch to sniper if I want to.

Hey Lupus, I have the same problem. But it doesn't happen all the time. I would pull the trigger, and the gun would just keep firing, sometimes, just dumping all the gas. Can you be more specific what piece you bent back? Are you talking about that little squarish piece that sticks up verticaly? Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have a gen II, but am thinking of picking up the trigger assembly, just in case!

The stock is the chinese clone of the VLTOR modstock that is been sold at RSOV. I'm very satisfied to it's build quality. And almost no wobble at all, unlike the original M4 stock that came with the gun. I just love it's feel with it's wide cheek rest and thick rubber end plate.

Hummmm, good choice, i like this stock too since i have tried one on my M4. You have a beautiful black rifle !

About the part that cause you your little problem, it would be a real good thing to have it in spare, alone not with all the trigger group, since it's very easy to forgot to switch to semi before closing the upper, i was near to do it too just after i had the gun.

Lol! I did it too! If you remember, I had an issue with that very part few months ago, when I received my gun...the "leg" that is in contact with the selector was completely stuck against the main body of the thing(I posted a picture at this time...)While not knowing what to do, I ordered a whole trigger unit from AB. Recently, the part that is on top of the part that hits the mag valve lost one of its legs, and thankfully for me to having ordered the trigger unit before, I simply switched the parts. In fact, the stock trigger assembly(the one I had in my gun when I received it)now serves me as spare parts center...

Here is a picture of my definitive configuration

kool.jpg

Edited by Eliminator

A while back I reported that the forward assist button my rifle had fallen off at some point well I managed to source a replacement but it is the complete forward assist assembly and I only need the button.

So does anyone know how to remove the button from the assembly or perhaps even install the the new full assembly (whichever is easiest!) I assume it's only glued in place as mine fell off.

Well, out of nowhere my m4 stopped working again.

It looks like the mags are not sitting well in the magell and wont feed unless I press them back into the well far enough for the hammer to strike the valve. Or it could be that the hammer just isnt pushing the striker far enoug hforward, I cant tell which is the case!

does anyone know of a solution to this issue?

A while back I reported that the forward assist button my rifle had fallen off at some point well I managed to source a replacement but it is the complete forward assist assembly and I only need the button.

So does anyone know how to remove the button from the assembly or perhaps even install the the new full assembly (whichever is easiest!) I assume it's only glued in place as mine fell off.

just take out the pin that is in vertically (#32)

then remove #30.

when reinstalling, make sure that #30 went in the same way it came out, with latch #28 pointing at the bolt.

if you just got a replacement for it, i would recommend you really test that the button is really firmly attached to the assist. It would be a good idea to reglue it in with epoxy(jb weld is what i used when mine came off)

On the WE, #31, and #30 is held together only by glue.

Edited by accuracy
Well, out of nowhere my m4 stopped working again.

It looks like the mags are not sitting well in the magell and wont feed unless I press them back into the well far enough for the hammer to strike the valve. Or it could be that the hammer just isnt pushing the striker far enoug hforward, I cant tell which is the case!

does anyone know of a solution to this issue?

Check the 2 screws are tight on the horizontal plate infront of the hammer. I think it's part 59

Hey Lupus, I have the same problem. But it doesn't happen all the time. I would pull the trigger, and the gun would just keep firing, sometimes, just dumping all the gas. Can you be more specific what piece you bent back? Are you talking about that little squarish piece that sticks up verticaly? Thanks in advance!

Well hello there. Sounds like exactly the problem I encountered, although mine was so bad that I couldn't anymore shoot with full-auto without the gun keeping on firing until I pressed the bolt stop or venting out the gas. When I bent the part straight, it helped but it didn't remove the issue completely. When I bent it a little bit more, so that it leans just a bit forward the issue was fixed. Now it seems to work 100%. But be careful and bend it very carefully. I'm not to blaim if something snaps... ;)

Here's the part as it was before I bent it forward. As you can see it looks just a little bit bent backward. Almost unnoticeably.

firing_mechanism_fix.jpg

cocofr69: Thanks! :D The stock was the last thing bothering me since the original one was so wobbly. I'm getting also a VLTOR-style front sight / gas block and trying how that looks on my gun. Then I'm pretty much satisfied and the changes will be more internal & "mission-specific" changes. Gotta also take some pictures with my M203 installed. Then this "evil black rifle" will look even more evil. ;)

WETTI, do you think the C02 mags will be released before May? Or is that being over optimistic? Plus, will there be further requirements (interior mods) in order to use the Co2 mags? This way I can just get ready to order multiple items...thanks!

Hold all you horses on the CO2 internals if you have not order the steel nozzle already. It can still be used with the new system; just that we have made further modifications to the steel nozzle/brass housing for our exclusive CO2 packages. I'll have more info. for your guys in the next couple days.

Once again, I apologize for the confusion regarding the current steel nozzle. It was indeed originally designed for use with the CO2 system, as well as being a more durable upgrade part for the original brass one. So I do not see it as a waste if you have already gotten one in hand. It is a much more stable & durable option to its original brass counterpart (which is now discontinued); and your gun will no doubt function better & smooth with all gases with this installed.

WETTI

You mean you just get a 'click' when you pull the trigger? Some have sorted that out by shaving off some of the sharp edges off part #61 where it comes into contact with the disconnector.

Failure to feed could be caused by your nozzle moving forward from its thread so the bolt at its rear most would not be able to clear a new bb to be lined up and chambered.

Standard durability upgrades are recommended in your case. Stainless steel nozzle, temp. resistant O-rings, and good maintaining will do the trick. As for the release date, I'll leave that till it actually happens :P

NO set release date at this time; but I'll keep everyone informed here.

Is anyone still having issues with TSOne? im still yet to recieve a refund for the rifle i payed for but after thier paypal problem i have no rifle or refund. And im not getting replies to emails. Anyone else in the same boat? WETTI any chance you can ask them next time you see them?

Cheers

Well hello there. Sounds like exactly the problem I encountered, although mine was so bad that I couldn't anymore shoot with full-auto without the gun keeping on firing until I pressed the bolt stop or venting out the gas. When I bent the part straight, it helped but it didn't remove the issue completely. When I bent it a little bit more, so that it leans just a bit forward the issue was fixed. Now it seems to work 100%. But be careful and bend it very carefully. I'm not to blaim if something snaps... ;)

Here's the part as it was before I bent it forward. As you can see it looks just a little bit bent backward. Almost unnoticeably.

firing_mechanism_fix.jpg

Probably bent from trying to shut the reciever with the selector in full auto.

Is anyone still having issues with TSOne? im still yet to recieve a refund for the rifle i payed for but after thier paypal problem i have no rifle or refund. And im not getting replies to emails. Anyone else in the same boat? WETTI any chance you can ask them next time you see them?

Cheers

No problem, will do. From what I heard they're set to meet with paypal's HK office to dispute the case, I suppose we'll know more by next week. This is most a most unfortunate incident & I honestly feel for them. These guys are good people & I hope things will work out for them.

Yes, when I pull the trigger I get only a click. If I open to gun and reset it by hand I can shoot a few mags before it happens again. Racking by hand usually doesn't help at all for some reason.

As said before check the two screws holding down part#59 , that fixed mine when it did that ;)