WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I'd like to know what is involved in upgrading to the CO2 version. Also, once we upgrade, are we still compatible with the original green gas mags?

This is a very important question for me. If I cant use my green gas mags I had might as well not bother.

If I can use green gas mags, I'm going to sell my M4 and snag one of those M16A3s! So sexy! I'm a bit worried about the FPS difference between the m16 length barrel and the m4 length barrel though. The gun already shoots WAY too hot to use in a skirmish, and I'd have to figure out if I could get the co2 valve down to 300 fps on green and or propane before I buy.

Any thoughts WETTI?

Can you now give a statement on how we are able to choose the fps rate?

Like before, the fps rate will depend on part #42. However, we're considering the implementation of color-coded nozzle assembly to distinguish the fps rates. Of course I'm taking about factory-assembled units for sale as options.

Once this is finalized, I'll announce it here.

that explains why its a 10dollar price tag.

side note, my bolt has a half moon crack at the top rear position, but the crack kinda looks like it's suppose to be there, is this normal?

In other words it looks like a clean cut like it was machined that way.

no one else has seen this then i take it

Like before, the fps rate will depend on part #42. However, we're considering the implementation of color-coded nozzle assembly to distinguish the fps rates. Of course I'm taking about factory-assembled units for sale as options.

Once this is finalized, I'll announce it here.

Out of curiosity, will a nozzle that shoots 500 fps on green still shoot at 500 fps on CO2?

don't think its been asked yet so to clear up any potential misunderstandings, will the 'couple of conversion parts to allow a green gas version to run the CO2' mags actually turn the green gas gun into same spec as an out of the box CO2 one, or will the CO2 one have additional changes/improvements over and above the parts needed for a green gas to CO2 'conversion'?

eg just wondering if we'll end up with

green gas guns

green gas guns converted to CO2 mag use

CO2 guns

or

green gas guns

CO2 guns (out of the box or 'CO2 converted from green gas' being exactly the same)

If there are going to be differences between 'out of the box CO2' and a 'green gas converted to CO2', then Id reckon folks might like to be aware of it before laying out money on a CO2 gun from a supplier ..only to find its actually a converted green gas one.

(similar to the one on my Tanaka .500 which has an incredibly stable hop).

edit:

I forgot to mention I tried other stuff like rubber and silicon but both were too soft from the lack of material and would have the nub fold down and cause even more hop-up effect. The hot glue is more rigid and not as 'gripy' as the other two materials so the nub would slip over the bb and give it the right amount of spin.

That's interesting renegadecow, I assume you measure the stable and right amount of consistent backspin by judging the flight pattern of the bb? This may sound out of the blue but I think the surest way to measure the rpm and decay rate of a spinning bb is by filming it on a hi-speed camera in the 4000FPS range. Haha just another wishful thinking of mine.

I received my order of spare parts and upgrade parts from AirsoftBuddy.

I was astonished to see the user is supposed to glue some o-rings to the enhanced piston head. This is not mentioned with the item info.

I'm not really happy with this.

Also NOW (for 1 day, before this was NOT mentioned) it says :

"Parts #122 for WE Gas Blow Back M4

Selling in each, not 5pcs"

But the picture still shows 5 pieces and the description still says partS (with an S).

So I expected to receive 5 pieces.

I'm not really happy with this.

I just wanted to share this info.

O rings are designed to expand and move forward in the groove to create a proper seal. That's why rings are free to move around in a groove. Supergluing it?

don't think its been asked yet so to clear up any potential misunderstandings, will the 'couple of conversion parts to allow a green gas version to run the CO2' mags actually turn the green gas gun into same spec as an out of the box CO2 one, or will the CO2 one have additional changes/improvements over and above the parts needed for a green gas to CO2 'conversion'?

eg just wondering if we'll end up with

green gas guns

green gas guns converted to CO2 mag use

CO2 guns

or

green gas guns

CO2 guns (out of the box or 'CO2 converted from green gas' being exactly the same)

If there are going to be differences between 'out of the box CO2' and a 'green gas converted to CO2', then Id reckon folks might like to be aware of it before laying out money on a CO2 gun from a supplier ..only to find its actually a converted green gas one.

The only difference is the the locking CO2 nozzle/housing assembly & all previous M4s can be converted into a CO2-compatible platform.

WETTI

Well I finally had a look at my buddy's rifle with the missing forward assist button and I've stripped the rifle and the spring from the forward assist assembly is also missing!

I managed to buy a complete forward assist assembly replacement for him but at the time I didn't realise the spring wasn't there either! Another part to buy :angry:

Anywho, can anyone tell me how to remove the forward assist from the rifle? I can't get it out, I presume the small pin in the upper receiver around that area has something to do with it but I've tried punching it out and it isn't budging. I don't want to force it if it isn't the correct bit.

Thanks guys.

Edited by chris u'5

That's the right way to do it, but the pin is a complete *badgeress* to get in and out. After you get the pin out the forward assist assembly should slide right out.

What's this about an M16A3? I'd consider selling my M4 if one were to come out...

Edit: Unless additional stock and barrel options were to be released also. ;)

Edited by Chris North

That's brilliant. Thank you guys.

One more question please :D If you don't have any 1500 grit sandpaper to smooth down the brass cylinder opening is it still worth using Loctite to secure part 36 in the meantime? (It'll be next week before we can get some 1500 grit)

I finally managed to take apart the front part of the external barrel. Funny thing is that I just wanted to take off the flash hinder and the whole front section started to come off. I also managed to install the short inner barrel which went in really easy.

Now my GBB replica looks much much better :)

custom1.jpg

So were you trying to turn in the correct way then w0lfy? :D

Thanks to Chris and Carsten by the way. I got the pin out (it was a *badgeress*!) I just need to buy a replacement spring now so I've not put it all the way in again as I will only have to get the bloody thing out again :P

Edited by chris u'5