WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I guess it would be no problem to get some o-rings from a local shop.. there surely be some rings that'll fit for some cents

I don't have a "local shop" for o-rings nearby.

I do have some "assortments of o-rings". But those do not have the thin diameter needed.

The o-ring I need must be rather precise.

In a former reply someone says his Steel Nozzel Assy's from AirsoftBuddy do have the o-rings.

So I hope AB will have them (soon) and sends them to me. The Steel Nozzle Assembly kits are useless for the moment and I don't like that.

steel-nozzle-o-rings.jpg

Edited by lukvdh
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I don't have a "local shop" for o-rings nearby.

I do have some "assortments of o-rings". But those do not have the thin diameter needed.

The o-ring I need must be rather precise.

In a former reply someone says his Steel Nozzel Assy's from AirsoftBuddy do have the o-rings.

So I hope AB will have them (soon) and sends them to me. The Steel Nozzle Assembly kits are useless for the moment and I don't like that.

steel-nozzle-o-rings.jpg

What the hack is going on here...!!?? :angry: For those of you who's missing o-rings, pls PM me directly, I'll see what I can do. Thnaks!!

My apologies on behalf of whoever....

WETTI

a random note.

I wonder if anyone had the same wierd miscoloring as I do on my AFC v2, w/ engravings.

When I received the gun, it had a lot of oil. I thought nothing of it. And wiped it all down.

I'm not even sure if that has to do with anything because the picture shows a mirror of what happened.

DSCN0706.jpg

A couple of days later, i eventually noticed the stain and it seems quite obvious now every time i look at it.

DSCN0775.jpg

Not the worst thing in the world, but it does slightly annoy me and I wish it wasn't there.

I tried cleaning it off by spraying rubbing alcohol over it, and rubbing silicone oil over it, if it would do anything since that got rid of some other stains before, like the putty ones.

Anyone experience this? or am i alone?

Edited by accuracy

@accuracy

I have a some weird marks on mine too. Not as bad as yours but disappointing nonetheless!

Not ideal but Horizon Tactical will be stocking replacement receivers soon apparently.

In regards to TS One, I fear they may have damaged their reputation beyond repair, you really have to ask if they ever tested or inspected any of the products they have released.

What happened to them posting directly here plus they were supposed to show us a video to prove that their buffer tube was effective <_<

Edited by chris u'5
Did that rail come with an internal gas block? Where does the gas tube end up going?

The ris is a Noveske 10" free float that comes with it's specific barrel nut and 6 screws. The gas block is a low profile gas block for free float ris and the gas tube is the original one that was mounted on the gun.

Please note that the Noveske barrel nut doesn't quite fit the body and you have to work it in. If you take your time and follow the guide everything will be fine.

If you changed the stock to Vltor or Magpul and the hand grip, then will be excellent.

I have in plan the following: Micro T-1 Aimpoint, DYTAC Dummy AN/PEQ -15, Magpul CRT and a Magpul MIAD full grip. Problem is I need to get more money :(

a random note.

I wonder if anyone had the same wierd miscoloring as I do on my AFC v2, w/ engravings.

*snip*

A couple of days later, i eventually noticed the stain and it seems quite obvious now every time i look at it.

DSCN0775.jpg

Not the worst thing in the world, but it does slightly annoy me and I wish it wasn't there.

I tried cleaning it off by spraying rubbing alcohol over it, and rubbing silicone oil over it, if it would do anything since that got rid of some other stains before, like the putty ones.

Anyone experience this? or am i alone?

Accuracy,

Mine has it too. Not as dramatic (or oily) as yours, but if you look closely at my right side mag well, you will see the "2 color" thing going on,

ROTTO

wem4cqb.jpg

What the hack is going on here...!!?? :angry: For those of you who's missing o-rings, pls PM me directly, I'll see what I can do. Thnaks!!

My apologies on behalf of whoever....

WETTI

PM sent.

If these o-rings are so rare and difficult to get, perhaps you could send (or sell) spare-ones... Just an idea.

I think these are rather critical for optimal functioning of the gun. OK, other o-rings are there for a purpouse too of course, but most of those are available it seems.

Can someone tell me if the dimentions of these o-rings needed on the "A and B type Steel Nozzle Assembly, NOT the "CO2 ready ones" are the same dimentions of the original WE part #45 ?

I really hope Wetti will be able to help us out here.

Thanks in advance!

WARNING!! Guys, I just recieved the Knight's style trigger guard....and it broke my lower reciever. I don't know whether I'm just dumb or what, but I've replaced the trigger guards numerous times on various AEGs and even real steel..but either the trigger guard was off or just bad luck.

As I was pushing the pin through, it went through the first hole just fine..techinicaly the guard should have been alligned since the front end was already hinged in. I'm guessing the quality of the hole on the trigger guard was off, causing the roll pin to come out the other end at a slight off angle, missing the exit hole of the lower's other side. I tapped it down, but felt it tighten. I kept pushing and "ping!"..the other side of my lower broke off.

I put the stock trigger guard back in (fit just fine) and used metal epoxy to glue the broken part back onto the lower.

Totally bummed. Anyone have succuess with that aftermarket trigger guard?

WARNING!! Guys, I just recieved the Knight's style trigger guard....and it broke my lower reciever. I don't know whether I'm just dumb or what, but I've replaced the trigger guards numerous times on various AEGs and even real steel..but either the trigger guard was off or just bad luck.

As I was pushing the pin through, it went through the first hole just fine..techinicaly the guard should have been alligned since the front end was already hinged in. I'm guessing the quality of the hole on the trigger guard was off, causing the roll pin to come out the other end at a slight off angle, missing the exit hole of the lower's other side. I tapped it down, but felt it tighten. I kept pushing and "ping!"..the other side of my lower broke off.

I put the stock trigger guard back in (fit just fine) and used metal epoxy to glue the broken part back onto the lower.

Totally bummed. Anyone have succuess with that aftermarket trigger guard?

Bloody hell mate!

You're not having much luck at the moment :no:

Same thing happend to my PTW with a real steel magpul trigger guard .. i broke my receiver. So i just bought a PRIME lower and installed it without any problems then.

So it's not necessarily the trigger guard.

Anyway, you should use your pliers to push the pin through .. don't tap it in with a hammer.

Same thing happend to my PTW with a real steel magpul trigger guard .. i broke my receiver. So i just bought a PRIME lower and installed it without any problems then.

Anyway, you should use your pliers to push the pin through .. don't tap it in with a hammer.

The trigger guard I bought was supposedly for the WE...so :unsure:

i'm just saying that even RS parts are sometimes a tight fit.

it's also possbile that the receiver is out of spec (0,00X inches might be enough) so that this

techinicaly the guard should have been alligned since the front end was already hinged in
isn't the case.

And because WE and Systema have a die-cast receiver, they tend to break much easier than a PRIME receiver which is CNC'ed out of one solid block of aluminium.

The same happened to me with a STAR M16A3 body, since that i use a pair of pliers too instead of the hammer for that kind of pins.

Accuracy,

Mine has it too. Not as dramatic (or oily) as yours, but if you look closely at my right side mag well, you will see the "2 color" thing going on,

ROTTO

wow i'm surprised someone else had this problem.

maybe it had something to do with their annodization process.

btw- is that a RS 551 on the WE?

Mmm...well I'm kinda annoyed now! I wish I never asked :P

haha

i hope yours at least wasn't carelessly put down on a rough surface.

Mine came out of the box looking like this, so it most surprised me.

assist.jpg

i was just relieved that at least the deflector on the receiver wasn't scratched as well.

Edited by accuracy
PM sent.

If these o-rings are so rare and difficult to get, perhaps you could send (or sell) spare-ones... Just an idea.

I think these are rather critical for optimal functioning of the gun. OK, other o-rings are there for a purpouse too of course, but most of those are available it seems.

Can someone tell me if the dimentions of these o-rings needed on the "A and B type Steel Nozzle Assembly, NOT the "CO2 ready ones" are the same dimentions of the original WE part #45 ?

I really hope Wetti will be able to help us out here.

Thanks in advance!

Reply PM sent. But in fact that particular O-ring is NOT a critical part. Many customers here who's running the gun on low power would voluntarily take off that o-ring for netter functioning. That front o-ring is there to provide extra sealing only; the gun can function perfectly without the piece.

WETTI

haha

i hope yours at least wasn't carelessly put down on a rough surface.

Mine came out of the box looking like this, so it most surprised me.

i was just relieved that at least the deflector on the receiver wasn't scratched as well.

Well I was a bit disappointed with the initial condition of mine.

Lots of wee marks and scratches all over the receiver, all stuff that would probably happen anyway but a bit annoying.

Plus the forward assist was missing and on closer inspection I discovered the forward assist spring was missing too!

The guy in factory who was responsible for that part was slacking that day :sleep_1:

EDIT.

On another note I have decided to attempt the inner barrel change for the first time today.

Is it just me or is really tough to get the short barrel back into place?

Edited by chris u'5
I guess AB gets the Steel Nozzle Assy's from TS-1? And I read even TS-1 didn't send out the o-rings yet?

So ALL Steel Nozzle Assemblies sold so far are useless?

I've bought steel noozle assembly directly from TS-1, and it had o-ring.

Hey WETTI, I did a topic search, but could find no mention of this (at least in the keywords I searched)

I am thinking about making a "VN"-style M16 out of the A3 model when it is released, so I had a few questions:

- Are the upper receivers able to be interchanged with real steel ones?

- Are there plans for a VN/SR25 "Short Mag"? I know that the super-short mag project was canceled, but have heard no mention of VN mags

- Is there any "maybe next year", etc. Information that could be given about a VN model? To modify the A3 to a "true" VN version, I am looking at almost $250 additional dollars... I might hold off on such a project if there was even a slight chance that one would make it out eventually.

Thanks!