WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

EDIT.

On another note I have decided to attempt the inner barrel change for the first time today.

Is it just me or is really tough to get the short barrel back into place?

I just learned how to disassemble "everything" (except lower receiver) because I wanted to see what kind of hop-up I have.

It looked tough but it went rather well.

Look here for a takedown guide:

WE M4 GBB takedown guide

When putting things back together, the only thing I had to find out by myself was putting the gas-tube back in.

You need to turn the delta-ring so the opening is on the upper side, and one has to turn the delta-ring-spring so it's opening is on the upper side too, so the gas-tube can pass both and can get into the opening in the upper receiver.

Succes!

P.S. Something completely different, and perhaps Wetti (if he finds the time :-)) can answer:

My WE M4 has a metal bolt-lock (a magnet sticks to it, so I presume it's metal?), but the hopup is still old version.

What 'version' would this M4 Gbb be? A 1 1/2 ?

Edited by lukvdh
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Reply PM sent. But in fact that particular O-ring is NOT a critical part. Many customers here who's running the gun on low power would voluntarily take off that o-ring for netter functioning. That front o-ring is there to provide extra sealing only; the gun can function perfectly without the piece.

WETTI

Thanks for the PM.

And thanks for this info on the o-ring.

I tought all pressure would be lost if the o-ring isn't there.

Again learned something new :-) !

wow i'm surprised someone else had this problem.

maybe it had something to do with their annodization process.

btw- is that a RS 551 on the WE?

Hi Accuracy

Yes, it's a real steel #50sc a.r.m.s. SIR - bi-level (new model).

If you take that front upper rail off (like I did in the pic) the eotech lines up with the iron sights.

Bolted right on with no mods. And the color is right on the nut.

I have some slight color variance as well. You might want to try a basic soap and water cleaning on the receiver (be sure to uninstall everything from the receiver so that all you have is the receiver itself) and then wipe it down with whatever silicon oil you are using (I use RC shock oil). Once you have a uniform coat of oil on the receiver (nothing seriously thick, just apply the oil to a rag and then wipe down the receiver) , take a clean microfiber cloth and buff the excess oil off. That should give you a nice uniform and deep black. The color variance is still there but you'll have to look for it.

Edited by 4boost
I just learned how to disassemble "everything" (except lower receiver) because I wanted to see what kind of hop-up I have.

It looked tough but it went rather well.

Look here for a takedown guide:

WE M4 GBB takedown guide

When putting things back together, the only thing I had to find out by myself was putting the gas-tube back in.

You need to turn the delta-ring so the opening is on the upper side, and one has to turn the delta-ring-spring so it's opening is on the upper side too, so the gas-tube can pass both and can get into the opening in the upper receiver.

Succes!

P.S. Something completely different, and perhaps Wetti (if he finds the time :-)) can answer:

My WE M4 has a metal bolt-lock (a magnet sticks to it, so I presume it's metal?), but the hopup is still old version.

What 'version' would this M4 Gbb be? A 1 1/2 ?

Could be anything up to the last 'ver' that uses the brass nozzle.

Has anyone else requested parts from WE through Airsoft Buddy? If so, how long was the turnaround time? I think i asked for them around March 25th or so, but still haven't heard anything yet. I'm going to wait another week before sending him another email, but I can't help but be slightly impatient, since my M4 needs those parts to function...

I had that weird discolouration on my body as well... I am guessing the surface was somewhat oiled when the black paint was applied...I dunno and I am no expert ...

It was nothing at first but after a while it bugged me, so I sprayed me gun up :)

whaddaya think? :)

...also.. obviously my charging handle is broken now, I have super glued it back together and it seems to be holding up but It is a temporary fix, anyone know anywhere in the UK where I can get a new charging handle, reinforced if possible or even RS?

Cheers

There's a guy on the French forum(Midma for those who know. There's the link http://www.france-airsoft.fr/forum/index.p...st=1480) who has a disapointing trouble with his M4...He tried anything but his BBs fall after 15m....(this a brand new V3)...Any ideas?

@ Wolf: here you'll find a RS Charging Handle: http://www.parts4ar15.com/ar-15_accessorie...ing_Handle.html

Edited by Eliminator

Hello,

I'm new here, but often on France Airsoft.

My WE arrived Friday, 2 days trying to put on right. I fail.

The bbs fall at 15 meters or 60 meters, as they want. The hop-up's right.

Furthermore, it seems to have been used before, many time:

s6300348.jpg

And I don't know where it has been stored, but a sort of oxidation begin to appear on the lower an upper receiver.

s6300338.jpg

s6300345.jpg

I'm very disappointed.

When I took these photos, it was just out of the box, only a S.I.R was on. Never put a magazine in.

Midma

Edited by Midma