WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

ok so i bought that new barrel and hopup for the WE through airsoft buddy and upon installing it, the bb's would jam and misfire ALOT! It seems the hopup is to aggressive and just holds the bb too hard. When i put in the unjamming rod, it required ALOT of force to get out the bb. Anyone else have this problem and any fixes?

i shot about 100 rouunds to break it in kinda but it still misfeeds ALOT!!!

Edited by DLuxxx
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

The pin is installed from the back and should be punched to the back. It is initially hard to drive out but using the proper pin punch diameter I was able to remove it to replace my bolt stop latch. The pin has serations on the back and should not be forced to come out at the front of the hole.

Copy that. So punching it back towards the buttstock than. Thought it was easier the other way around because the back and of the pin (pointing towards the stock) is flat.

ok so i bought that new barrel and hopup for the WE through airsoft buddy and upon installing it, the bb's would jam and misfire ALOT!

Glad I canceled mine. Sorry to hear that buddy but I honestly didn't expect much else. Maybe you wanna lub the HU a bit...... but I'd actually never recommend that.

Try putting your charging handle in, it will be tight. If your able insert the handle push it back and forth. Look for areas wear on the handle then file it down. Try and see if that works God bless.

So you mean WE is unable to produce a steel charging handle that fits into their own recievers without modifications?

I'm honest, I'm pretty fed up with all these stupid parts. Let's face it, the customers service is pretty good but the aftermarket parts are throught the banks junk and a waste of money.

Hmmm. I think I'll wait for a while and NOT install the the new hopup & barrel (it's on its way to me). My old one works fine enough.

The 7075 aluminum charging handle I bought from AB fits great to my Gen1 gun, so does the nozzle stabilization part.

I've been looking at this gun, and it looks like it might be fun - I have one question, though, is the front set assembly different from AEGs? I was hoping to put an M16 front set on instead of an M4 one.

The WE AWSS M16A3 is now available. Our platform is RS specs., so AEG parts may not fit on it.

WETTI

So you mean WE is unable to produce a steel charging handle that fits into their own recievers without modifications?

my mate & myself are useing the real steel charging handles from AB's, with no problems.

the V3's with the new barrel & hop along with the steel nozzel go very well! can pick people off with one shot @ range. have used in 3 full days of skirmishing with out any problems, what so ever! along with the stabilizer im see'ing minimal wear on part #122 & havnt needed to loctite part #36 in place.

im see'ing minimal wear on part #122.

I think u should change the original piston head (#121) to LAT Aluminium Piston Head #121. Im using the steel nozzle 480fps and im also seeing minimal wear on part #122, so i guess changing the old piston head (#121) and the o-ring (#122) to LAT Aluminium Piston Head #121 will solve the problem, hope so.

I think u should change the original piston head (#121) to LAT Aluminium Piston Head #121. Im using the steel nozzle 480fps and im also seeing minimal wear on part #122, so i guess changing the old piston head (#121) and the o-ring (#122) to LAT Aluminium Piston Head #121 will solve the problem, hope so.

I tried changing the piston head to the LAT one...and it just wasn't making enough of a seal. I switched back to the stock one and it fired just fine...I don't really know how I could have installed it wrong. I even watched the video...pretty straight forward...I've assembled and dissasbeled just about everything on this rifle many times (ok, except the lower and trigger assembly..), so I hope most of these fitment issues aren't me..but rather quality control...

I tried changing the piston head to the LAT one...and it just wasn't making enough of a seal. I switched back to the stock one and it fired just fine...I don't really know how I could have installed it wrong. I even watched the video...pretty straight forward...I've assembled and dissasbeled just about everything on this rifle many times (ok, except the lower and trigger assembly..), so I hope most of these fitment issues aren't me..but rather quality control...

The quad seal they use does not expand when the bolt flies back.

The gun needs a "face seal" or expanding seal arrangement - like stock.

99% of these aftermarket parts are worthless. Bummer.

The quad seal they use does not expand when the bolt flies back.

The gun needs a "face seal" or expanding seal arrangement - like stock.

99% of these aftermarket parts are worthless. Bummer.

I should try using the LAT piston head with the stock 0-ring...I wonder if that will work...I'm just getting so tired of dissambling and etc. I'm worried that I might wear away the threads.

I have a LAT piston head on the way so I would be really interested in knowing the results if you decide to try the stock o-ring.

Like a few others I recently tried the TSC Enhanced Buffer. Well its a nice colour and the finish of the rubber is good. But it really does bugger all. That and I don't fancy being all sneaky at 2am when the weight bangs about.

The TSC bolt catch plates work well for me. But I had managed to fix my mags so the stock ones were doing a reasonable job. The TSC ones do however feel more solid in use... strange.

Edited by Marky [UE]

And I start it all again .

Why do us airsofters torture ourselves to do a project and then once complete , do it all over again ?

This time a WE GBB M4 base gun

So far I have a PM Barrel extension and real steel stock

I need the stowaway grip still instead of the real steel M4 one and will have to get another butt pad (this one was borrowed off my AEG)

Also the Acog is incorrect (my TA01 is painted to match the aeg) and i'll work on the front sight /gas block this weekend

15042009411.jpg

15042009414.jpg

15042009416.jpg

15042009406.jpg

@aidan mc

great to hear you're getting some skirmishable performance out of your WE, i'm very excited to field mine. How big would you say groupings are at 60ft? was this possible with the regular barrel/hop rubber?

also, i've got a bit of a question, the parts diagram shows a #37 o-ring near the back of the bolt carrier, my gun didn't have one anywhere near there. does it go around the #36 screw that holds the nozzle assembly in? i found one of a very similar size (eyeballing off pictures of course) but i have no clue where it'd go.

I dont think WETTI has answered the question about the M16 FPS yet.

Does the longer barrel of the M16 change the FPS greatly? I'm moving to Japan and would love to have a gas m16 shooting at or under 300 FPS.

I'm pretty sure it will. You can always use the stock M4 inner barrel. Or you can do what other people have done. Seems that the FPS is determined with the amount of "open space" in the valve. Some people have added an AEG bearing or a nut inside the nozzle "cage" to decrease or push up the floating vallve towards the front, hereby decreasing the "oopen space".

@aidan mc

great to hear you're getting some skirmishable performance out of your WE, i'm very excited to field mine. How big would you say groupings are at 60ft? was this possible with the regular barrel/hop rubber?

also, i've got a bit of a question, the parts diagram shows a #37 o-ring near the back of the bolt carrier, my gun didn't have one anywhere near there. does it go around the #36 screw that holds the nozzle assembly in? i found one of a very similar size (eyeballing off pictures of course) but i have no clue where it'd go.

I think thats' what it is. When I removed that large screw to change the nozzle, an O-ring popped out by the threads of that large screw.

someone managed to mod real p-mag and slip WE mag in and if im not mistaken horizontactical.com was selling it last time

here's the video... the video quality is bad

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Xou...nt=M4V05234.flv

I know everybody has an opinion, but,...

I think P-mags are hideous.

UGLY and CHEAP looking.

Seems like people just want what they cant have. And having one makes you "cool". I wouldnt want a P-mag for free.