WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

has anyone got the LAT piston head to work better than the stock? i got mine but haven't had a chance to install it yet. if i had to make a list of parts guaranteed to work so far, it would be:

1. Stabilizer

Well your a lucky one. Due to faulty quality control on behalf of WE, I can't use the stabilizer...even after I've sanded it down. Don't even get me started on the piston head...other than the weighted buffer recoil paper weight, this was an even bigger let down.

I know everybody has an opinion, but,...

I think P-mags are hideous.

UGLY and CHEAP looking.

Seems like people just want what they cant have. And having one makes you "cool". I wouldnt want a P-mag for free.

I hear you on this. Shame...Magpul has so many other cool designs. In my opinion, the P-mag def. isn't one of them. I prefer a stock magazine.

Now if it looked like a G36 or SIG mag with dummy rounds, I might be interested....

someone managed to mod real p-mag and slip WE mag in and if im not mistaken horizontactical.com was selling it last time

here's the video... the video quality is bad

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Xou...nt=M4V05234.flv

Well that is one bad video.

has anyone got the LAT piston head to work better than the stock? i got mine but haven't had a chance to install it yet. if i had to make a list of parts guaranteed to work so far, it would be:

1. Stabilizer

Yeah I think this is the only part that has at least the capability to do some improvement on that gun.

Well and the steel nozzle.

Did somebody else notice that there are no posts from AB and TSOne and a lot less from WETTI since all the negative feedback on those parts came up?

And god am I glad I canceled my order for the new barrel/HU

Did somebody else notice that there are no posts from AB and TSOne and a lot less from WETTI since all the negative feedback on those parts came up?

Maybe they are very busy or to busy? I have exchanged few e-mails with TS One, it seem that panic of customers and paypal action caused them problems with account. They've asked me to contact paypal and write a statement that my purchased goods have arrived. I think these people doing great job, and working hard therefore have not much time for discussions. However after weeks of darkness finally thanks to Wiki guide and TS One it seem like i have managed to sort the problems with my v.1. For a green guy like me that was bit of challange. Sunday i'm going to field my rifle for the very first time.

I have question about red dot scope from AR-15 like this one:

http://www.parts4ar15.com/ar-15_accessorie...CP-RD40RGW.html

Would that fit ?

Edited by Nazio
CA and Dboys fit no problem at all !

I did take out the rear clamp to ease fitting as they are tight enough without them

I had to modify my CA RAS by widening the clamps slightly as they didn't fit over the gas tube, not difficult though.

However the clamps did snap later which I think may have been caused by the mod weakening the structure of the clamps?

What about G&P?

Has anyone tried their RAS units on the WE? I can't see any reason why they wouldn't fit, can't hurt to ask though :P

Edited by chris u'5

my we m4 which has the new hop up does not seem to do anything... stripped it apart and put it all back and still.. on or off it does not affect the bb at all, on top of that, after I fire, the on ein the chamber is able to roll straight out if the rifle is point down.. so playing with it and moving around often leads to me effective playing with about 15 rounds per mag.

my we m4 which has the new hop up does not seem to do anything... stripped it apart and put it all back and still.. on or off it does not affect the bb at all, on top of that, after I fire, the on ein the chamber is able to roll straight out if the rifle is point down.. so playing with it and moving around often leads to me effective playing with about 15 rounds per mag.

This is a typical part #117 problem.

Disassemble your hop-up, check and clean the part #117, re-assemble the hop-up and check that it hold correctly the BB (no need to put the HU chamber back in the body and outer barrel to check).

If it's not holding the BB, then you will have to change the #117.

Just in case you didn't already know, Vaseline can eat away rubber seals eventually. As far as I understand it's only necessary to prevent the seal from sticking when creating it only, but it's still something you might want to be wary of. :)

Yup. Basicaly anything petroleum based will eat at the o-rings and rubbers and stuff...

Well that is one bad video.

Yeah I think this is the only part that has at least the capability to do some improvement on that gun.

Well and the steel nozzle.

And god am I glad I canceled my order for the new barrel/HU

Guy, I'm neck deep in paperwork these days with the new guns coming out... no, I haven't been away. I'm still here to help.

The after-market parts, while we welcome them for their intended purposes, are, after all, products of others. My main concern/job is to make our platform as good & as stable as it can be from the factory; that is our goal. I'll continue to listen to you all & relate the useful info. to our R&D personnel for further improvements on our platforms.

Regarding the steel charging handle: NO, we will not be making one, not that we CAN'T, but we simply feel not necessary. Our current version is improved, revised & strengthened. Breakage occurance has been close to nil since its introduction. It is as good as it can be for all its intended purposes.

WETTI

Wetti As told to me by William there is a strange thing with the part #59...Almost everybody outside HK broke at least one...My second one(from my spare Trigger Assembly)has already lost one leg and its remaining one is damaged...while no one broke theirs in HK...So where's the problem?

Beside this, I received my new barell today. It is supposed to be a 6.02...but when I measured, I readed 6.04 on my caliper...a wrong tool setting in my opinion(it can happens, I'm Lathe driver)..William did not measure the ones he has in stock, since the infos came from WE. So again, a wrong tool setting happen really fast!(I killed a cylinder by 90 mm long on 30mm high once cause I used a wrong tool Decallage...). So beside the "too big" inner diameter(0.02mm are almost nothing) the new hop up seems to be very agressive with BBs up to 0.25g. But seems adapted for 0.27 and higher. Then the BBs flys away(with the 6.08-the stock barell-I was shooting @ 280fps)and do not fly to the sky after 30meters, wich is a good thing.

Did anybody measure the inner diameter of the new barell that is actually available?

Wetti As told to me by William there is a strange thing with the part #59...Almost everybody outside HK broke at least one...My second one(from my spare Trigger Assembly)has already lost one leg and its remaining one is damaged...while no one broke theirs in HK...So where's the problem?

Beside this, I received my new barell today. It is supposed to be a 6.02...but when I measured, I readed 6.04 on my caliper...a wrong tool setting in my opinion(it can happens, I'm Lathe driver)..William did not measure the ones he has in stock, since the infos came from WE. So again, a wrong tool setting happen really fast!(I killed a cylinder by 90 mm long on 30mm high once cause I used a wrong tool Decallage...). So beside the "too big" inner diameter(0.02mm are almost nothing) the new hop up seems to be very agressive with BBs up to 0.25g. But seems adapted for 0.27 and higher. Then the BBs flys away(with the 6.08-the stock barell-I was shooting @ 280fps)and do not fly to the sky after 30meters, wich is a good thing.

Did anybody measure the inner diameter of the new barell that is actually available?

Eliminator, when you say 6.04, is that the outside diameter or the inside diameter? The stock CQB barrel I got with my WE was too thick to fit into the brass housing.