WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I've encountered the firing pin-issue more than once. Usually it doesn't bother, since before I use the gun I just rack the charging handle once without the magazine and feel with finger from magazine well if the firing pin is inside. If not, it just pops inside with a gentle push. After that it's ready to rock. Also I've noticed that if you lock the bolt back and release it with bolt stop mechanism, it usually slams with enough force to set the pin back by itself. Tightening the screws might help, but not always.

I'm also waiting for reinforced #59. Luckily I've got one spare if/when the current one breaks down.

WETTI: Any plans to produce aftermarket steel outer barrels? I'd love to have one! I wouldn't mind some extra sturdiness and weight towards the barrel. Somehow the current aluminum outer barrel (with steel carbine extension) just seems a bit cheap.

I'm sure the A3 & the CQBR steel barrel will be available for individual ordering at some point. We have no plans on making the M4A1-length or any other length steel outer barrels, but I'll definitely relate the message to the factory boys ;)

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I know its in this thread somewhere, but I couldn't find it, but here's my problem. I recently have had some firing issues with my WE M4. It started with the mags purging gas when on full auto, then it did it a few times on semi. Now it won't fire at all. I've looked over most of the parts and have only found an issue with the o-ring on the nozzle. (part #45 or #46, I'm not sure which) Any idea's on what I might be over looking?

Check the tiny, loose fitting, floating valve located in the nozzle head. It is either broken or starting to "go away".

Check first and Ill explain later whats happening.

Here is my temporary fix(could be a definitive one as well but the gun will be in SEMI only)

22042009080.jpg

Sorry about the quality, I took that pic with my phone's camera(at least you can see the part of steel I used...) The hole diameter is 4mm

Edited by Eliminator

omg... i'm lurking this thread for i don't know how long :)

Based on these experiences that i see on this forum, it's better to wait untill WE releases a 'fool proof' version?

I have absolutely no experience with GBB technics, AEG is no problem but as far as GBB goes...

Would you guys recommend me to wait or is there a V3 of the WE out yet? Only problem is that at the fields in my country are limited to 350 fps.

Will the CO2 version with a 300 valve solve this problem?

omg... i'm lurking this thread for i don't know how long :)

Based on these experiences that i see on this forum, it's better to wait untill WE releases a 'fool proof' version?

I have absolutely no experience with GBB technics, AEG is no problem but as far as GBB goes...

Would you guys recommend me to wait or is there a V3 of the WE out yet? Only problem is that at the fields in my country are limited to 350 fps.

Will the CO2 version with a 300 valve solve this problem?

The version 3 has been released with steel internals and a new hop. Fps around the 350 mark.

Buy one, you won't regret it.

I imported one of the first rifles to be sold. Yes, i have had to do some work on it, but its awesome.

The version 3 has been released with steel internals and a new hop. Fps around the 350 mark.

Buy one, you won't regret it.

I imported one of the first rifles to be sold. Yes, i have had to do some work on it, but its awesome.

That's good to hear, is this the gas version you're talking about? I see that you're from England, so you have a bit of the same weather as us here...

350 fps in cold weather with green gas? How's the accuracy / range?

Just to add, i have successfully placed a packer inside the nozzle, behind the version one part 42.

This has reduced the fps from 460 to 350, perfect!!

The disconnector mod seems to have worked as well.

PAULB, THAT IS THE EXACT NEWS I'M LOOKING FOR!! What exactly is a packer? what did you use specificaly?

and which nozzle was shooting at 460 fps? was this supposed to be the 350fps nozzle?

REDLINE

My m4 is version one. They chrono around 450-490. Mine was doing 460 with propane.

I swapped the part 42 for the 300fps part 42 from AB. That chrono'd around 250 on propane.

Somebody else on here recommended using a 7mm bearing behind the 42 as a 'packer'

I did this but it came in at around 280, so i carefully ground the bearing's thickness by around 2mm to make it slimmer.

It's cool now. If you could find a small washer a bit thinner than the bearing it would be easier.

Regards

REDLINE

My m4 is version one. They chrono around 450-490. Mine was doing 460 with propane.

I swapped the part 42 for the 300fps part 42 from AB. That chrono'd around 250 on propane.

Somebody else on here recommended using a 7mm bearing behind the 42 as a 'packer'

I did this but it came in at around 280, so i carefully ground the bearing's thickness by around 2mm to make it slimmer.

It's cool now. If you could find a small washer a bit thinner than the bearing it would be easier.

Regards

Paul B, thanks for the quick reply! So now, I just have to find a 7mm washer that's thicker than your common washer, but thinner than the bushing/bearing.

Paul, I'm assuming you took out the 300fps #42 you ordered from AB, and swapped in the original Version1 #42 plus the bearing?

Paul B, thanks for the quick reply! So now, I just have to find a 7mm washer that's thicker than your common washer, but thinner than the bushing/bearing.

Paul, I'm assuming you took out the 300fps #42 you ordered from AB, and swapped in the original Version1 #42 plus the bearing?

Yep, you need the high power one. The packer pushes the 42 closer to the front of the nozzle and reduces the gas flow.

LOL...might be a "good video" for the short mags.......but damn, thats a horrible video for the WE M4!

That gun is firing like a COMPLETE POS. lol.....I would run away from the WE after seeing a video firing like that (If I didn't know any better).

Jeesh!

Otto: It appears ok, but I haven't figured out how to completely remove it from the nozzle to be sure. It may be going out, as I can't think of what else it could be.

The symptoms you reported are classic "floating nozzle valve broke/or about to break".

It isnt sealing off - the bolt isnt blowing back far enough (or at all) - the firing pin is staying on the mag valve, venting the whole mag in one smelly loud burst "PFFFFFFT...."

Well whats interesting is that the WE magazines have compartments built into the magazine to allow pool the liquid gas to allow liquid to convert to gas a lot faster as there is more liquid surface area.

Most other magazines like the WA mags from my understanding do not have these compartments. Which means over 20 rounds semi-auto firing will result in cool down that affects the performance. The newer 3rd party mags also do not.

It is the issue with the propane conversion for the KWC Mini UZI. Hence why CO2 was actually better for the gun.

As expected, shorter mags = less available gas space for expansion, less kick.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
The symptoms you reported are classic "floating nozzle valve broke/or about to break".

It isnt sealing off - the bolt isnt blowing back far enough (or at all) - the firing pin is staying on the mag valve, venting the whole mag in one smelly loud burst "PFFFFFFT...."

I tried to tell him this a few days ago on GGI.......oh well you can only help so much.