WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Completely off topic, I know.... But even via Guardster I only get the bigtrade.com pages.

Strange.

Apologize for the inconvenience... just was told by the web-hosting guys that the new site may take up to 24 hrs to register with the many diff. servers around the world...so in some countries, the site may not be fully viewable for may be another 10-12 hrs. Sorry.... :blush:

It'll be there... :tongue1:

Awesome news. So do all new M4's now sold via distributors such as Airsoft Buddy now include the aforementioned upgrades such as the steel nozzle, new hop and barrel, etc.?

Absolutely!!

BUT that applies ONLY to dealers/distributors/retailers selling the WETTI-AFC Custom version of the gun (*easiest way to tell: Ours = anodized bodies; all others = painted bodies)

So PLEASE inquire before you buy to make sure you're not buying one of those 'export version' which I have no idea what upgrades (if any) they get.

I have the AFF version of the WE GBB. Will the CO2 mags work with my rifle without modification? When will the CO2 mags come out?

Also, when will the GBB Scar be released? My wallet is waiting :)

Thanks

You need to change some internals Tony.

I might buy another m4 already set up for co2.

This gun broke 2 of my aimpoints. First was made by King Arms, the other by G&P. Because of this I am considering buying a real steel version for use with all my airsoft guns. I know it is more expensive, but I buy it once and should work for life with airsoft guns and proper care.

Double true.

Dont even >think< of running a clone eotech (like Dragon Red versions) on the WE. The cheesy "knock off" lever that keeps the battery door close, flies open instantly.

And the recoil will actually turn the unit "on" when you pull the trigger.

Dont even >think< of running a clone eotech (like Dragon Red versions) on the WE. The cheesy "knock off" lever that keeps the battery door close, flies open instantly.

japp, sucks.

I glued that small piece of brass inside the battery cover that connects the batteries to the actual cover.

So I put glue on the brass piece and bent it back until the glue hardened out. That way is less push against the lever.

And additionally I put a rubber band around the battery compartment to keep the lever down.

But in the longrun you better keep your eyes open for a used Bushnell or something.

Redline:

How did you tighten the valve? You need to get a spezial tool, right?

And one quick question about the anti-rotation pin installation:

Simple know the old pin out and put the new one in, right? or is there any hook?

Edited by somegirls

I guess it depends on your luck.

Anyway, this morning I encountered my first real problem with my WE M4. The original mag that came with the gun started to lose gas like hell. From the initial investigation it seems that the valve that gets hit by the hammer is to blame.

I always keep some gas in the mags, so this is not the reason why it gave up (just in case someone is wandering).

Edited by w0lfy
japp, sucks.

I glued that small piece of brass inside the battery cover that connects the batteries to the actual cover.

So I put glue on the brass piece and bent it back until the glue hardened out. That way is less push against the lever.

And additionally I put a rubber band around the battery compartment to keep the lever down.

But in the longrun you better keep your eyes open for a used Bushnell or something.

Redline:

How did you tighten the valve? You need to get a spezial tool, right?

And one quick question about the anti-rotation pin installation:

Simple know the old pin out and put the new one in, right? or is there any hook?

somegirls, I didn't use a special tool. Some people have taken a flate head wide enough, and dremmeled the middle section away, basicaly making a fork.

I just use 2 small flat heads and kinda hold them side to side (like chopsticks) and push in the valve, then turn. Kinda tricky to do, but doable.

Anyway, this morning I encountered my first real problem with my WE M4. The original mag that came with the gun started to lose gas like hell. From the initial investigation it seems that the valve that gets hit by the hammer is to blame.

I always keep some gas in the mags, so this is not the reason why it gave up (just in case someone is wandering).

wolfy, try spraying silicone oil into the valve itself (the hole at the top). Also press the valve in to open it up, spray some oil inside and then try it. If that doesn't work, I removed that valve and re-align the o-rings and put it back in. Mine was still leaking, so I tightened it, and it solved the leaking issue. Hopefully yours will be the same. Seems since there isn't any loctite in the valves, they might come undone a little.

No big deal. I prefer they not put loctite anyways...

wolfy, try spraying silicone oil into the valve itself (the hole at the top). Also press the valve in to open it up, spray some oil inside and then try it. If that doesn't work, I removed that valve and re-align the o-rings and put it back in. Mine was still leaking, so I tightened it, and it solved the leaking issue. Hopefully yours will be the same. Seems since there isn't any loctite in the valves, they might come undone a little.

No big deal. I prefer they not put loctite anyways...

Red is spot on.

If the mag starts leaking gas like crazy when you turn it upside-down after a fill, try taking the valve out (use a screw driver and grind the center out (Valve Key Alternative)), make sure the last two o-rings are not damaged/misaligned. Put a drop of thin silicon oil on them and then reinstall the valve.

If this does not solve the leak, you may need new o-rings or you may have a leak in the plug that is just under the gas nozzle (where the gas exits the mag and into the brass chamber in the gun). You may want to check out this fix if that is the case: http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/troubleshooting#toc5

If you click on "Show Solution" under the magazine section, check out the last paragraph. It explains how to fix the plug from leaking.

Edited by 4boost
How is it that some guys who install a RS DD mk18 barrel nut have success and others don't? is it the we m4 being slightly different in those particular instances?

I got a "scocomgear" aka madbull I believe DD rail (light rail, not omega) 7 inch. The whole thing (including the nut that came with it) fits PERFECTLY! No wobble, no problems getting it installed and etc. I had a harder time fitting a Dboy regular 2-piece RIS vs. this. I got the AFC M4 (version 2) from AB...don't know whether that might be of any help or not.

I got a "scocomgear" aka madbull I believe DD rail (light rail, not omega) 7 inch. The whole thing (including the nut that came with it) fits PERFECTLY! No wobble, no problems getting it installed and etc. I had a harder time fitting a Dboy regular 2-piece RIS vs. this. I got the AFC M4 (version 2) from AB...don't know whether that might be of any help or not.
I also have the socomgear 9 inch. It mounted no problem but the trades are GAY! :P

sweet thanks guys

Mine doesn't work, as usual.

I order some parts, and to reply:

Frankly, I hope that's only your personal opinion. In all fairness, let's ask those who's had absolutely zero issue with ANY airsoft guns, shall we?

Yes, I know a lot of airsoft guns which work out of the box.

It's shameful for this price to find a lot of lemon.

Midma

Edited by Midma

I fitted a DBOYS CNC RIS without any mods and it fits perfectly out of the box without any wobble whatsoever.

I've had my AFC WE GBB for about 6 weeks now and I've used it every single day with no problems other than having to tighten screws/bolt (twice only though). I must have put about 4000 rounds through it and it's an airsoft dream of an M4.

The thing about real steel Weapons is the need for maintenance at the end of each days use. Cleaning, clearing excess oil, lubing in the right places, checking screws etc is essential and part of the experience of using a professional training weapon.

Also knowing about how the gas operates at different temperatures and adjusting your firing style helps to ensure you get the best out of any GBB weapon. I've come across some players who think that a five second squirt of propane in the mags is going to do the job. They then complain that the gun runs out of puff! I fill my mags for at leat 30 seconds from a warmed up cylinder. My mags work for at leat 60 rounds on full fps and beyond.

I think that GBB reliability is much more of a direct function of care and proper use than it is for an electric rifle. However as I've said above, the WE M4 GBB is a PTW and so needs to be looked after as such.

Edited by bbstriker

I think how reliable and consistent the co2 system (specifically the mag) is a direct function of WE's willingness to show videos of it firing in full auto and provide some solid test data, given its reputation as a PTW platform on par with Simunation and blanks(and Airmuntion perhaps?). I mean since WE is making a video of it firing in semi what's the hassle in switching it to full auto and complete the video, huh?. I wonder why no one is asking for this simple request but instead waiting for the co2 system(promised before April with much gungho) and assume it to work flawlessly and a one-all-be-all solution to problems propane have? In all fairness it is common for any products to experience some hiccups, although I sincerely hope that does not stem from what I perceive as a design flaw in itself!

How is it that some guys who install a RS DD mk18 barrel nut have success and others don't? is it the we m4 being slightly different in those particular instances?

Did you see that in the WE M4 wiki?

That last picture istn't actually mine. The last 2 pics on that site is my M4. Somebody screwed the discribtion up :D

Anyways, this is my work in progress:

I'm still waiting for

- Vltor style Gas block/Flip up

-Short tac foregrip

- Knights Armament stlye flashhider and trigger guard

- Micro T-1 reddot

- Anti rotation pins

along with a bunch or Airsoft buddy part.

img_0284fnw3.jpg