WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Just to let everyone know ..

Bought a G&P ambi charging handle latch for WA to fit it onto my WE.

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=1847

built quality: Really good! good steel and feels very sturdy, very interesting design.

fit: well.... does not fit WE... the hole from for the pin on the charging handle is different size and misaligned.

Hole on the latch needs a bit of filing down.. only a bit.

After that it fits no problem and works fantastic!

I would recommend this if you are a lefty and can't get hold of a RS ambi latch.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I'm not having much luck with my WE. When I got it, I thought the tolerances of the barrels were off because the supplied CQB barrel didn't fit. After months of waiting for WE and AB to send me a replacement (both whom said they will via numerous PMs, but still nothing), I ended up purchasing the new mirror finish barrel from AB, and guess what?

I actually recieved it. Looks like, they'll only send yo something if you actually buy it. So much for promises. But guess what? IT DOESN'T FIT!! AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!! Turns out my its my part #111/112. I looked at the original inner barrel that fit, and lo and behold, it looks like someone at the factory has sanded it down so it fit into the brass housing. Unacceptable!!

So I had no choice but to order a new part 111/112. This is it. This is the last straw. If it doesn't work out, I'm done with WE and moving onto WA, and I'll be sure to let everyone know of my experiences.

The quality control almost feels like a joke! Rather than replace the 111/112, someone actually sanded/thinned down the barrel, so it will slide in!! WTF??!! This reeks of lack of proffesionalism on their end. Maybe others feel different, but to me, it hasn't been a very satisfying experience thus far...

Edited by redline

Uploaded a new video on how to install parts 47 & 48 in the trigger pack after someone requested it.

http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/trigger-pack-47-48

I'll be adding more videos such as these in the future. PM me for requests. I'm also going to see if I can improve the video quality as it isn't exactly where I would like it to be....

I'm not having much luck with my WE. When I got it, I thought the tolerances of the barrels were off because the supplied CQB barrel didn't fit. After months of waiting for WE and AB to send me a replacement (both whom said they will via numerous PMs, but still nothing), I ended up purchasing the new mirror finish barrel from AB, and guess what?

I actually recieved it. Looks like, they'll only send yo something if you actually buy it. So much for promises. But guess what? IT DOESN'T FIT!! AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!! Turns out my its my part #111/112. I looked at the original inner barrel that fit, and lo and behold, it looks like someone at the factory has sanded it down so it fit into the brass housing. Unacceptable!!

So I had no choice but to order a new part 111/112. This is it. This is the last straw. If it doesn't work out, I'm done with WE and moving onto WA, and I'll be sure to let everyone know of my experiences.

The quality control almost feels like a joke! Rather than replace the 111/112, someone actually sanded/thinned down the barrel, so it will slide in!! WTF??!! This reeks of lack of proffesionalism on their end. Maybe others feel different, but to me, it hasn't been a very satisfying experience thus far...

I feel for you Redline -

I just got my big order from William at Airsoft Buddy.

Everything is an issue.

I bought the new chrome lined inner barrel - it comes with a green hop rubber installed.

I ordered a couple spare rubbers too.

Good thing I did - EVERY GREEN HOPUP RUBBER IS A DIFFERENT HEIGHT.

The one that came on the barrel wouldnt fit properly in the hole (in the barrel) and stuck WAY inside. No doubt this would have been way overhopped again.

The other 2 hop rubbers were lower profile and barely stuck through when viewed from inside the barrel!

Of these 2, one had "asymmetrical lips" (the new hop nub looks like a set of lips puckering up) - no doubt this would have been an issue, pressing harder on one side of the bb.

The last hopup rubber was thankfully symmetrical. Ill fire the gun tomorrow morning for the first time with the new hop and barrel.

Inidentally, William sent the wrong steel nozzle assembly - and the outer barrel I bought was scratched to Hell (I bought it to REPLACE an outer barrel that was already scratched to Hell).

I also noticed that WE is just twisting off the old brass nozzles and screwing on the steel ones - using old op-rop assemblies, throwing nothing away. My Op-rod has claw marks all over it from gripping it at random with pliers. Farking thing is so rough now it wont go in and out of the piston head smoothly :angry:

Ive had about enough. Hitting the rack.

I feel for you Redline -

I just got my big order from William at Airsoft Buddy.

Everything is an issue.

I bought the new chrome lined inner barrel - it comes with a green hop rubber installed.

I ordered a couple spare rubbers too.

The one that came on the barrel wouldnt fit properly in the hole (in the barrel) and stuck WAY inside. No doubt this would have been way overhopped again.

The other 2 hop rubbers were lower profile and barely stuck through when viewed from inside the barrel!

Of these 2, one had "asymmetrical lips" (the new hop nub looks like a set of lips puckering up) - no doubt this would have been an issue, pressing harder on one side of the bb.

The last hopup rubber was thankfully symmetrical. Ill fire the gun tomorrow morning for the first time with the new hop and barrel.

Inidentally, William sent the wrong steel nozzle assembly - and the outer barrel I bought was scratched to Hell (I bought it to REPLACE an outer barrel that was already scratched to Hell).

I also noticed that WE is just twisting off the old brass nozzles and screwing on the steel ones - using old op-rop assemblies, throwing nothing away. My Op-rod has claw marks all over it from gripping it at random with pliers. Farking thing is so rough now it wont go in and out of the piston head smoothly :angry:

Ive had about enough. Hitting the rack.

Wow. I didn't realize it was that bad. I ordered an extra green hop-up for my chrome barrel. Gonna check it out tomorrow. I'll report back. I hear you on the nozzles too. I noticed mine was brass. Although, I don't know whether that piece was as criticial (in that it had to be made out of steel or anything)

Its weird. I tried removing my hop-up collar/beveled grey ring thing (that holds the tiny bearing in place), and I had to struggle to get it off the brass housing. Upon closer inspection, I saw a tiny "lip". Like the didn't finish lathing it or something. Good grief....

Thats freakin ridiculous..... as much as i love my gun, if the new barrel and hopup doesn't sort out the accuracy issues i have to go to an aeg for a primary or my own team will kick me out for holding onto an in accurate weapon. I can deal with all the other BS as long as it performs. This WE is like Terrel Owens. This gun is the funniest thing in airsoft, but as for skirmishing you just can't win with it. there's only like 2 people on here that have had straight shooters out the box.

I still applaud WE and all the other companies for trying and bringing something new but if it doesn't perform, whats the point? I've been under the impression that everything's gonna get sorted out, but now i don't know. The new barrel and hop-up is going to make or break it for me. I might have been premature in calling it perfect.

I have to agree with Otto about the new hop ups. I had to do some modification for these to work. The hop ups were irregular and had flashing around the edges. The hop up part that touches the bb is too thick, what happens is that bbs will jam in the barrel or major over hop. I dremeled the surface that touches bb down a bit. Also the openning in the barrel for the hop up was not large enough for the nub. So I enlarged the openning in the barrel for the hop up nub so the nub would be able to freely move up or down.

After that work and installing it, I'm proud to say my M4 is getting good shot groupings. I able to hit a 1 foot target at 50 ft consistently at 70 degs F using 0.30 g bb. But definitely the green material used for the hop up needs to change to the rubber material used for AEGs.

I have to agree with Otto about the new hop ups. I had to do some modification for these to work. The hop ups were irregular and had flashing around the edges. The hop up part that touches the bb is too thick, what happens is that bbs will jam in the barrel or major over hop. I dremeled the surface that touches bb down a bit. Also the openning in the barrel for the hop up was not large enough for the nub. So I enlarged the openning in the barrel for the hop up nub so the nub would be able to freely move up or down.

After that work and installing it, I'm proud to say my M4 is getting good shot groupings. I able to hit a 1 foot target at 50 ft consistently at 70 degs F using 0.30 g bb. But definitely the green material used for the hop up needs to change to the rubber material used for AEGs.

thats good to hear. Are you getting any flyers or hooking? hows your effective range, better or worse compared to the old barrel and hopup?

This reeks of lack of proffesionalism on their end. Maybe others feel different, but to me, it hasn't been a very satisfying experience thus far...

You're not the only one, but AB was better with me.

I think the problem does not come from them.

;)

Mine too. I can take photo, I have 3 rubber, 3 are different. The first one have less diameter than the others!

Midma

Edited by Midma

Effective range is definitely better then the original hop up, but this is only after I did some modifications, without them it performs worse then original hop. Hooking only occured when there oil in the mag messed with the hop up. The new hop up rubber is wider laterally then the original hop up rubber allowing it to make more contact with the bb.

I wonder how the future hop up (the one still in development which accepts AEG barrels) will perform with Koba twisted barrels...

Unless the power is below 350fps it would be a wasted exercise. Now the new Madbull Crawler barrels would be damn helpful

So in a nutshell.

I still have my V1 barrel and hop up and from what I read so far I guess I can stick with it, right?

Yes. I tried both, there's not that much difference between them. Especially when the new parts are all different in size. I will wait for the AEG barrels... I guess I will not buy anything until there's a positive feedback here on this forum. For example the CO2 mags - I will not preorder nor buy them until I see a lot of happy owners here on the forum :)

BTW I still love my WE M4 :) But I don't want to be a beta tester.

I guess my biggest concern is the fact that these guys are PRETENDING like they are different than other companies by being involved with the community. I applaud that part...if it were true. They speak, but no action taken. Perfect example was my barrel issue. LOL!! They've been promising a free replacement barrel FOR MONTHS!!!

Everytime I contact them, its "we'll get on it" or "it's out of stock" or "PM me your address, I'll have one sent out" (I think I've PMed them my address multiple times, because of multiple requests.) in other words excuse, after excuse, after excuse. Yes, I got my barrel. How? I bought one. Funny how its "out of stock" when you need to exchange the one that doesn't fit for one that does, BUT if you buy one, miracalously, its in stock. Weird, huh? Yeah...

Look, complaining about quality of products is one thing. I'm talking about customer service here. This might sound like a childish rant...but after investing so much money on spare parts and etc, you'd hope for some support from the companies you're buying from. Maybe I'm just used to the way most companies work here in the U.S. Might be totaly different over seas.

Frustration is definetely the word best the describe my (and I'm sure many others here) mood right now. Great product, and great effort (words), but sadly, no follow through.

Let's hope the brass housing I ordered will actually accepts new barrels.

WETTI, AB, HORIZON, if any of you guys are reading, I'd gladly send my brass housing out if you guys want to check it out, test it out for your self, and make measurements. This offer goes to other members of this forum too. I'll send out that part, and see whether you guys can fit an inner barrel into it.

Maybe I just had bad luck with the barrels I bought. I don't know. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong. How much force is required to slide the barrel into the housing (yes I removed the pins)? Mine won't go 2mm in. Are we supposed to jam it in? The stock long barrel fits in smoothly (alhtough I noticed somoen from the factory sanded it)...were the others hard to insert? Thanks folks.

Figures, you guys all wait to complaint-dump until AFTER I've bought mine <_<

I'm still willing to give em a chance, especially with the AEG Barrel compatibility coming. I usually have good luck with lemons (JG BAR10 being the exception), so I will wait and see how it pans out.

Edited by Involved6

Just had a great day with my rifle. I played for around 3½ hours in the woods with about 70 other people. Ha a hell of a lot of fun and very few problems. :)

My gun is one of the first generation batch that has been sold and I have upgraded it during the winter with steel nozzle, nozzle stabilizer, bearing wheel (in bolt), whole new trigger group and a steel bolt stop. All other upgrades are external. Bolt stop worked perfectly and I didn't have any problems with the magazines either. The gun itself performed otherwise pretty great, except for the over-aggressive hopup and the moment near the end of the game when my nozzle stabilizer had crept up so forward that it interfered with the hammer. I really have to glue it so it won't start wandering back and forth.

I've kept the Gen1 hopup after reading all the bad reports about the new one. I haven't modified it yet and it's a bit over-aggressive with my 0.28g BB's. But at least I can shoot about 40-50 meters and after that the shots start to creep up. The "300fps" current steel nozzle shoots around 400-425fps.

I'm also really eager to hear more reports of the AEG-type hopup. That and the CO2-upgrades can really make it the "perfect airsoft gun".

Uploaded a new video on how to install parts 47 & 48 in the trigger pack after someone requested it.

http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/trigger-pack-47-48

I'll be adding more videos such as these in the future. PM me for requests. I'm also going to see if I can improve the video quality as it isn't exactly where I would like it to be....

There is also a movie called "How Your WEM4 Should Function" I see.

This movie was made by "Airsoft One", a Belgian airsoft-shop.

But...: they have quit selling WE-brand items last week. For 'reasons unknown' (but rather obvious, (lack of) quality control and "many promisses, but no actions", so I think).

So it's a bit "sarcastic" to use their little movie to show us how a WE M4 Gbb should funtion...

My gun is one of the first generation batch that has been sold and I have upgraded it during the winter with steel nozzle, nozzle stabilizer, bearing wheel (in bolt), whole new trigger group and a steel bolt stop. All other upgrades are external....

Sorry guys, something went wrong and this reply got posted before I finished typing.

Please read the correct reply a bit further.

(I don't think I can delete this reply, can I ?)

Edited by lukvdh

I guess my biggest concern is the fact that these guys are PRETENDING like they are different than other companies by being involved with the community. I applaud that part...if it were true. They speak, but no action taken. Perfect example was my barrel issue. LOL!! They've been promising a free replacement barrel FOR MONTHS!!! Etc.

On second thought, I won't be parting with any cash for this. It really seems to be dying on the vine. Establishing distribution channels for a questionable product before fixing its bugs is putting the cart much too far in front of the horse for my taste. Confidence is low, I repeat, confidence is low.

My gun is one of the first generation batch that has been sold and I have upgraded it during the winter with steel nozzle, nozzle stabilizer, bearing wheel (in bolt), whole new trigger group and a steel bolt stop. All other upgrades are external....

Nice to read things are working now.

But... shouldn't it be obvious everything is working from start when one buys something ???

Buying a WE M4 and replacing half of it with new bought parts... In my humble opinion, when a company produces something and sells it, the customer should be able to rely on the fact "the thing should work", no?

I'm very positive about WETTI and others communicating over here, but I still think it's a shame customers have to buy extra parts to keep (or even to get) things working.

And the "extra parts" are changing every week. I think WE should do the testing, not paying customers. "Trial and error" is not what we should do, but 'WE' should do it :-) .

I don't think they (WE) are improving how people think about their company this way.

I know "fiddling around with new parts" is part of the airsoft hobby for many of us. But doing the alfa (or even beta)-tests is not. At least: not when we have to pay for it.

Just my 2 cents.