WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

hi, i got my we m4 today.

i wonder why i get such different power measuring and less power. i used my madbull chrono.

i used 0,25g bullets and greengas

here are 10 shoots on semi (delay between 2 seconds):

1. 471fps

2. 215fps

3. 181fps

4. 138fps

5. 152fps

6. 460fps

7. 230fps

8. 516fps

9. 212fps

10. 124fps

what is wrong with my brand new we m4? i shooted now about 100 bullets.

i saw a lot of oil at the gun. i changed hopup wheel, but same effect.

can u help?

chrono is perfect. i saw the less power when bullet is flying. bullet is flying about 20meters and then going down. then 2 shoots later, bullet is flying about 60meters and goes up. chrono works perfect, its the gun. bullets are best i can get. i tried different bullets. same thing.

^ Brikklebritt.

516 to 124 fps in the next pull....whoa. There is something broken. Not normal. Have you tried different magazines? The gas valve might be junk (not releasing gas in a consistent way)

Or the floating valve in the gun itself (inside teh nozzle) isnt seating or is broken.

I would try the magazine swap first.

Just a quick update.......3000 rounds through the new hop up and it works like a champ.

If you are struggling with your new barrel and hop, hang in there. It will be well worth it, once you have it sorted out.

Last comment - the green rubber hop bands being shipped with (attached to) the new chrome barrels is 1000% *suitcase*! Throw them away.

Every last barrel has had an UBER defective rubber attached to it. You will need to order spares.

^ Brikklebritt.

516 to 124 fps in the next pull....whoa. There is something broken. Not normal. Have you tried different magazines? The gas valve might be junk (not releasing gas in a consistent way)

Or the floating valve in the gun itself (inside teh nozzle) isnt seating or is broken.

I would try the magazine swap first.

Just a quick update.......3000 rounds through the new hop up and it works like a champ.

If you are struggling with your new barrel and hop, hang in there. It will be well worth it, once you have it sorted out.

Last comment - the green rubber hop bands being shipped with (attached to) the new chrome barrels is 1000% *suitcase*! Throw them away.

Every last barrel has had an UBER defective rubber attached to it. You will need to order spares.

Nice to hear!!!! I have mine on its way. I bought two of the old/new barrel and green nub a wile ago and one out of the two nubs were decent. We should hit renegadecow up and see if he can make some better nubs out of the hot glue method. If he needs a barrel I have one that will be taken out of my gun to be replaced with the new 6.02 I will send it to him to test if he needs it.

Man, I could barely chew through that many rounds in 3 months. Does the hop rubber still seem to like to eat itself ie disposable hop rubber where you need to tighten it up a bit after every few hundred rounds?

I've gone through about 1500 on the hot glue hop rubber and its not shown any sign of wear after visual inspection.

Just in case something is thinking about getting a Micro T-1 replica

Got mine yesterday, long story shorts it's the best ACM optic I ever had and it stands the blowback of the M4 without any problems.

Well I took a punt based on your positive comment and ordered one! just need to remove the front part of my outer barrel so I can assemble my rifle again. It's not wanting to budge!

Edited by Marky [UE]
Where did you order from? I've been waiting for 2 weeks also, I ordered from Tactical Horizon.

HT here as well, though I doubt its their fault, as AB doesn't have any in stock either. I wonder what the post on WE's site about CO2 version being released was all abut, if they aren't released...

Not very good if you have the V1 barrel and hop and not using heavy bbs. Shots overhop too much even if set to zero so even if the lateral spread isn't large, your bbs either hit your target or the sky. With very heavy bbs and upgrades way past anybody's safety limits (I know two guys locally who have upgraded their rifles to 600+fps and this is using .40g bbs) they get man sized hits a little past 60m. On mine (400fps on .25g) and with my redesigned V1 hop rubber, I can punch through a 12" circle at 40m easy, but on semi only. Full auto about doubles the spread at that distance

Somegirls, I recently bought that T-1 Micro Aimpoint too for my WE. On first impression it was good, but I quickly found that on the brightest setting the dot gets washed out in bright environments and the battery wasn't that great. Recently I picked up this itac rds.

Its way better then the aimpoint replica! I bought mine for $150, ignore the posted price by the manufacturer. Most places you can find if for the price I paid, do a google search. While more costly then the acm copy and not a direct copy of the aimpoint, on/off knob to the left instead of the right, a lot cheaper then the real T-1. It has 12 brightness levels and a battery life of 1 year if left on. I have been using this with a replica Larue high mount on my WE. Since it was design for RS it as no problem with my WE M4.

can someone help?

now i saw, that valve is not complete open. i saw a screw thread inside the valve. normaly it has to be completely open. on the rod is a plastic part. i pushed it back on the rod. now i have to rotate rod with valve in order to get the valve more open. but it does not rotate, because it is fixed. how can i do? i hope u know what i mean..sorry my english is not so good.

can someone help?

now i saw, that valve is not complete open. i saw a screw thread inside the valve. normaly it has to be completely open. on the rod is a plastic part. i pushed it back on the rod. now i have to rotate rod with valve in order to get the valve more open. but it does not rotate, because it is fixed. how can i do? i hope u know what i mean..sorry my english is not so good.

Its probably thread lock. Use a torch or lighter and heat up the valve (careful not to melt o-ring). THis will liquify the thread lock, and you can unscrew it.

ok, i got it... now i rotated nearly till end of screw thread. what now? how to fix it at this position? thanks

Wait. What are you trying to do? You can't adjust the fps with just rotating the threads. Its either completely copen or completely close. If you play around with this, it will result in different length total, which will not work when you put it back in.

Edited by redline
Not very good if you have the V1 barrel and hop and not using heavy bbs. Shots overhop too much even if set to zero so even if the lateral spread isn't large, your bbs either hit your target or the sky. With very heavy bbs and upgrades way past anybody's safety limits (I know two guys locally who have upgraded their rifles to 600+fps and this is using .40g bbs) they get man sized hits a little past 60m. On mine (400fps on .25g) and with my redesigned V1 hop rubber, I can punch through a 12" circle at 40m easy, but on semi only. Full auto about doubles the spread at that distance

Ok, thanks for the info. What about the newest version hop-up, or whatever comes with the version 3's?