WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Wait. What are you trying to do? You can't adjust the fps with just rotating the threads. Its either completely copen or completely close. If you play around with this, it will result in different length total, which will not work when you put it back in.

i got my gun here in germay, as i got it, it was adjust as following. valve was not completely open. if you looked through vents on valve from the side, the oring in valve was in the middle of the vent.

now i adjusted it, completely to open. oring is now at end and vent is nearly complete open. is this right? now i have to lock it at this position. how can i do?

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

i got my gun here in germay, as i got it, it was adjust as following. valve was not completely open. if you looked through vents on valve from the side, the oring in valve was in the middle of the vent.

now i adjusted it, completely to open. oring is now at end and vent is nearly complete open. is this right? now i have to lock it at this position. how can i do?

The 0-ring is supposed to be in the middle. Enlarge the picture on this site. Yours should look like this one:

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_vie...products_id=229

All threads are pre adjusted. They should all be closed to maximum postion. If anything is half-way threaded, your whole piston, rod, valve and etc. will be too long to fit in the gun and won't work properly.

Edited by redline
The 0-ring is supposed to be in the middle. Enlarge the picture on this site. Yours should look like this one:

http://airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct_vie...products_id=229

All threads are pre adjusted. They should all be closed to maximum postion. If anything is half-way threaded, your whole piston, rod, valve and etc. will be too long to fit in the gun and won't work properly.

ok, thanks... i have another question...

if i look in the hole of the magazin, where gas comes out, i saw, that it is not completely open. there is a metall, which reduce the aperture about 35%. is this normal? i thing hole has to be completely open. how can i fix it?

thanks again

ok, thanks... i have another question...

if i look in the hole of the magazin, where gas comes out, i saw, that it is not completely open. there is a metall, which reduce the aperture about 35%. is this normal? i thing hole has to be completely open. how can i fix it?

thanks again

That's normal.

Redline.... not strictly true mate...

I adjusted my nozzle in the same way. Got her down from 500+fps to 350.

Works fine.

Nicely adjustable FPS nozzle, all for about 2 minutes work with a die to increase the thread depth on the rod.

I don't know if anyone has tried this but I just did and it is working great so far. I was able to mod the mags to hold a maximum of 38rds with no feeding problems. I think you could get it to 40rds but you would have to cut like one link of the spring. I didn't want to cut anything so 38 is good enough for me. If you want to try this do it at your own risk. Also mack sure you don't have any leaky mags because you wont be able to fire all 38rds.

1. remove bottom plate

2. remove screw at the bottom it will allow you to remove the mag from the shell.

3. If you lay the mag down with the BB feed facing your left you will see the spring inside the mag.

4. With your hand holding the plastic cover on remove the screws starting at the bottom of the mag all the way up to the bb feed (Leave the last screw in at the top to make it easier to keep the spring compressed.

5. Very carefully lift the plastic plate just a little so you can easily remove the black plastic spring guide type thing it will come out pretty easy.

6. When the plastic spring guide is removed push the little bit of spring that has came out back in and put the screws back in.

That is about it.......it is pretty much self explanatory when you remove the mag from the shell but I thought I might puts some steps down for some of those who aren't very handy with tools.

Redline.... not strictly true mate...

I adjusted my nozzle in the same way. Got her down from 500+fps to 350.

Works fine.

Nicely adjustable FPS nozzle, all for about 2 minutes work with a die to increase the thread depth on the rod.

Really? Its now technically shorter, right? I just added a small spacer, keeping over all length the same, but decreasing valve opening. I know by increasing the amount of threads on the rod, will allow the rod to push the floating valve in deeper, therefore decreasing the opening, but wouldn't this shorten the whole piston assembly?

Will it still reach part #117 and form a proper seal?

Yeah, from what I can gather rod is just a floating piece that delays the nozzle coming back to reduce 'slap' (Otto explains it much better).

The important part in getting the nozzle to sit in the correct place is the little plastic bush that sits behind the nozzle.

When the rod is closed, this bush determines the final resting point of the nozzle tip in relation to the bolt carrier. And when it is closed the rod is actually inside the piston, so the 'apparent' shorter length is somewhat immaterial.

The only thing I can see that happens with my new set up is the nozzle is pulled back by the bolt carrier ever so slightly sooner.

No detrimental effects to performance from what I can see. Crono testing seems to be the same both pre and post mod.

I posted this a few pages back. There should be some pics and stuff.

The only thing I would change is to put a locking nut behind the nozzle and make a bush that has a larger contact area and a recess for the lock nut to sit inside. Just to help stabilize the nozzle.

I also put an extra o-ring on my nozzle... just because I had one kicking about. Again... doesn't seem to have done anything beneficial, but not done anything detrimental either.

Man, I could barely chew through that many rounds in 3 months. Does the hop rubber still seem to like to eat itself ie disposable hop rubber where you need to tighten it up a bit after every few hundred rounds?

I've gone through about 1500 on the hot glue hop rubber and its not shown any sign of wear after visual inspection.

The hop rubber is soft but durable. I learned this as I tried to sand one down. Very resistant to the sandpaper.

After a bag and a half of bb's, I have actully had to turn the hopup down just a bit. Its well seated and the hop is stable.

The only time its not stable is when I am running low on gas/power in the mag. This will usually overhop the bb. "Hopup>fps". Normal to see.

What I cant believe is that the groupings are still tight on FULL AUTO. Usually, in most GBB guns, semi is tight while full auto scatters. Not so here.

There is still room for improvement, but the perfomance is quite acceptable with the Gen2 hopup.

Thats why for any rubber/silicone rubber you use a high speed dremel and sanding bit to trim or reshape the rubber.

I realize, as it has been covered here many times.

My desire was not to reshape it, but to test it. (with coarse grit sandpaper)

It is quite durable.

Thumbs up for the Gen2 hopup.

The hop rubber is soft but durable. I learned this as I tried to sand one down. Very resistant to the sandpaper.

After a bag and a half of bb's, I have actully had to turn the hopup down just a bit. Its well seated and the hop is stable.

The only time its not stable is when I am running low on gas/power in the mag. This will usually overhop the bb. "Hopup>fps". Normal to see.

What I cant believe is that the groupings are still tight on FULL AUTO. Usually, in most GBB guns, semi is tight while full auto scatters. Not so here.

There is still room for improvement, but the perfomance is quite acceptable with the Gen2 hopup.

Im sold

I just noticed that the pin first above the trigger on the lower recevier is fake? (not removed the trigger unit to confirm). Can anyone confirm this is the case and also confirm if there is a fake pin piece glued on either side of the receiver. I think one of these fake glued pieces is missing on mine. WETTI??? if this is the case can you get hold of another fake part (I dont have the tools to cut one)?

Edited by Marky [UE]

you mean the one that's supposed to be here?

untitledb7xm.jpg

First I thought that was the pin that actually holds the trigger. But my second thought was that it can't be because the trigger might just fall right out of the trigger unit if you knock that pin out and remove the trigger unit.

So I assume they're just fake.

Anyways I can onyl recommend getting the anti rotation pins, especially when you use the gun a lot. I thought they were just there for pretty (on the WE frankly) but after I discovered how easily that pin comes out of the reciever and understand the use of it.

Seriously I was able to push the pin out just using a nail. If you push hard enough you might even be able to move it with your fingernail. I was really surprised about that.

you mean the one that's supposed to be here?

Yes that's the one

Anyways I can onyl recommend getting the anti rotation pins, especially when you use the gun a lot. I thought they were just there for pretty (on the WE frankly) but after I discovered how easily that pin comes out of the reciever and understand the use of it.

I actually noticed it was missing because I also bought the same anti rotation pins. As you know they are designed to sit on top of the part I am missing to hold position. I guess I need to find something as a replacement.

Part #127

http://www.begadishop.de/catalog/images/202824-manual-3.jpg

It looks like they're holding the Trigger unit into place. So they're not just fake.

"Part #127 Trigger Assembly Pins (2) - US$1.50"

Thant's kinda weird though. If you really don't go all the way through the reciever you actually need 4.

Edited by somegirls

dbced9a71424ebc5a983e22e1c45ad50.jpg

bedacbe728ce6e228a083e9f195f52d3.jpg

Hello all, i'm new here. And I have already a problem :D

Yesterday, I receive my M4, ordered to Airsoft-Buddy, but the upper-receiver was broken...

I have contacted Airsoft-Buddy. They propose me to send them the broken Upper, and to send me one for replacement.

But the shippement fees are about 80$ to send the upper to Honk Kong. And the shippement fees for the replacement part are 33$. All fees are for me. Airsoft-Buddy don't propose me any commercial gift, like free shippment or something. :(

So the shippment fees are greater than a new upper reiceiver... !

The package was in good condition. I don't think it happens during transport... The gun must be fallen on the ground... :(

What do you think ?

Thanks,

Mathieu

Edited by Lock-on

Dude, they even want to charge you shipping for sending a f***** up gun back from the to you?

Speechless.

This is the most rediciolus customer service I've ever witnessed.

I mean ebaybanned's customer service and communication is bad. But if you recieve something broken all they want is a photo and they send you a replacement for free.

That sir, is a shame for airsoftbuddy.

This is obviously a flaw that happened during cutting the thread in due to WEs non existing quality control. You can clearly see how it cracked along a thread.

I'm really thinking about boycotting AB and buy either straight from Wetti, or horizon or who ever.

just lousy.

Tell AB to go f.. you know what I mean, and buy a new upper from horizon or wetti. Horizon offers free shipping for orders over $100, so toss a mag in that shopping cart and you#re good.

IMO this is nonsense, what AB is going to do with the broken upper, melt it to make a new one?

They should send you the new upper for free, or at least some compensation.

No upper, no compensation on the fees or something... (AB pay for that he said)

He probably requires it as proof since people could just 'shop photos of broken parts and demand free replacements. But still, its highly likely it was broken as it was being packed and they didn't inspect their goods too well again (remember that heavily used and rusted up M4 someone received from AB not too long ago?) so AB should fork up and compensate being that it was their fault.

I can't see why it would cost that much just to ship an upper out though. Maybe you could send it to someone who could have it shipped for much less, like ship it from France or something. $80 could have you send the whole gun in some places.

He probably requires it as proof since people could just 'shop photos of broken parts and demand free replacements. But still, its highly likely it was broken as it was being packed and they didn't inspect their goods too well again (remember that heavily used and rusted up M4 someone received from AB not too long ago?) so AB should fork up and compensate being that it was their fault.

I can't see why it would cost that much just to ship an upper out though. Maybe you could send it to someone who could have it shipped for much less, like ship it from France or something. $80 could have you send the whole gun in some places.

it's 75$ in belgium for the upper, with a tracking number. It's less expensive without it but i don't want to risk to loose it.

Hello all, i'm new here. And I have already a problem :D

Yesterday, I receive my M4, ordered to Airsoft-Buddy, but the upper-receiver was broken...

I would suggest the following is demanded of AB:

1) Send a photo of your broken upper with a printed piece of paper stating your username and date included in the photo to AB

2) Ask AB to send a replacement for the upper to you asap and free of charge, you should not have to pay for shipping a replacement part

3) I see no point in sending the broken upper back providing the photo evidence is provided as such. As somebody already said the broken upper will more than likely end up in a bin. I am sure that WETTI could step up to this and support AB in the replacement process.

Let's see what happens with this process before looking at any other options.

All I can say is "Good luck". Hopefuly your experience will be better then mine when it comes to customer service from both WETTI and AB. Especialy when it comes to promises of replacement parts. From my experience, the only way your gonna get a "free" replacement part, is if you actually buy it. That's' just my expereince.