WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

I have another technical question here, I want to replace my fire-selector.

First, how do I remove the darn thing? Second question is, how - or where - do I modify the new fire-selector so the gun will only shoot in semi?

This is the new vid showing the semi-only conversion: AWSS M4/M16 Semi-only Coversion

And here's the part you need to cut/file off to make the gun semi-only:

temp_1.jpg

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

This is the new vid showing the semi-only conversion: AWSS M4/M16 Semi-only Coversion

And here's the part you need to cut/file off to make the gun semi-only:

"Part 72"

Nice to know for people over here (Europe) who buy a WE M4 GBB at a German reseller. Germany only allows semi for guns > 0.5 Joule.

So I guess, being in Belgium (where this restriction doesn't exist (yet)), I could buy the gun in Germany, order a part #72, replace it and have a 'regular' M4 with full-auto again?

Nice to know for people over here (Europe) who buy a WE M4 GBB at a German reseller. Germany only allows semi for guns > 0.5 Joule.

So I guess, being in Belgium (where this restriction doesn't exist (yet)), I could buy the gun in Germany, order a part #72, replace it and have a 'regular' M4 with full-auto again?

Absolutely!! :)

At this moment I don't know a Belgian shop that sells the WE M4 GBB. If you know one (or more :-)) please let me know.

P.S. Sorry to get off topic

Yeah simply swap out the fireselector and it will run in full auto. but you should ask if the seller sells unmodificationed fireselectors.

My RS Magpul Enhanced Trigger guard will not fit and is sat in a drawer! :(

Well, I bought the WE KAC style trigger guard and it didnt fit either.... keep in mind it's made to fit on that rifle.

Anyways all you need to do is some filing.

Hey otto. I overlooked your post.

I got one left as well. The whole nozzle assembly the gun came with. I replaced it with the the nozzle assembly.

The O-Ring #122 is kinda shred though.

Lemme know

i'll buy it from you i'm in need of a we original piston head. the LAT one isn't working for me. and i haven't gotten around to do that mod that someone linked earlier. plus if all i have to do is put back on the original thats easier.

1. To be fair, the BB tests will in fact be done by some of you guys out there! When they are available, I'll be sending out samples for some of you to test them in your personal guns. I'll send out the invite in due course.

2. The CO2 full auto vid...?? Isn't it a bit late to ask about that now... :P (Just kidding!)

OK! I'll shoot one in the shop tomorrow & post it here for all. BUT that's NOT to be considered the official vid, OK? :bestgun: THE "unofficial" OFFICIAL VID for our CO2 system will be shot on location later this month at Camp Frank D. Merrill featuring the U.S. Army's 5th Ranger Training Battalion's Gunnery Sargent & chief instructors. :usflag: (I think some Fort Benning guys will be there too... :whistling: )

I suppose that is called.... "baptism by fire"? :showoff:

Hmm I was expecting to see some data from your side, especially so when you stated they were "Tested and Proven" to work best in AWSSs.

Based on the tolerance alone the bbs do look promising, though I suspect it's quite an impossible task to sort out 4000 rounds in a bag which vary less than 0.02mm. Can I request for the sniper grade samples when they're available preferably with all the weight range? I don't need a bag each, just 100~200 rounds for each weight.

Thanks.

i'll buy it from you i'm in need of a we original piston head. the LAT one isn't working for me. and i haven't gotten around to do that mod that someone linked earlier. plus if all i have to do is put back on the original thats easier.

Prodigy, the LAT one didn't work on mine earlier...until I changed the main o-ring to the original flat/beveled version. The large o-ring that came with the LAT set, just didn't seem to make enough of a seal. Did you try that?

Allright..I'm getting conflicting reports on teh C02 mags. Horizon Tact. says it will work just fine with the current steel nozzle (non double 0-ring), but on AB's website, they say:"For the CO2 mags, if you play with the regular gas version's rifles. Then you need to install a kit for regular gas version's rifles. For this kit, WE will launch it later. After installed this convertion kit, then you can use both types of magazines (regular gas version and CO2 version)."

Can anyone clarify?

Allright..I'm getting conflicting reports on teh C02 mags. Horizon Tact. says it will work just fine with the current steel nozzle (non double 0-ring), but on AB's website, they say:"For the CO2 mags, if you play with the regular gas version's rifles. Then you need to install a kit for regular gas version's rifles. For this kit, WE will launch it later. After installed this convertion kit, then you can use both types of magazines (regular gas version and CO2 version)."

Can anyone clarify?

CO2 mags MUST work with the new CO2 'cone shape' locking nozzle. This nozzle system is backward compatible with all normal gas mags. WE do not recommend use of CO2 mags with any previous 'normal gas-only' nozzles. I'll try to have a pictorial illustration in the coming few days.

Btw... pls see below post for the newest CO2 AWSS M4 demo...

Exclusively available from WETTI/AFC, our WE CO2 AWSS M4 platform:

WETTI/AFC exclusive CO2 AWSS M4

Note the CO2 version special nozzle (which is 'backward compatible' with our normal gas mag). The last 'puff' of gas you heard is the signal of the CO2 cartridge being depleted & gas pressure being too low to function the gun; the sound came from the remaining gas being vented by the escape valve in the mag. It is a normal happening. The nozzle setting for this demo gun is set at 480-500fps. A 320-350pfs nozzle can also be ordered with the gun.

WETTI

Hmm I was expecting to see some data from your side, especially so when you stated they were "Tested and Proven" to work best in AWSSs.

Based on the tolerance alone the bbs do look promising, though I suspect it's quite an impossible task to sort out 4000 rounds in a bag which vary less than 0.02mm. Can I request for the sniper grade samples when they're available preferably with all the weight range? I don't need a bag each, just 100~200 rounds for each weight.

Thanks.

Shouldn't be a problem. Pls PM me to discuss further, alright? ;)

CO2 mags MUST work with the new CO2 'cone shape' locking nozzle. This nozzle system is backward compatible with all normal gas mags. WE do not recommend use of CO2 mags with any previous 'normal gas-only' nozzles. I'll try to have a pictorial illustration in the coming few days.

Btw... pls see below post for the newest CO2 AWSS M4 demo...

So the C02 mags will not function with the older set up?