WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

TS Custom user-adjustable nozzle device for WE AWSS platform

User adjustable device showing high end of ~2.5J (520fps) to low end of ~0.3J (180fps) on WE's AWSS M4

TS Custom User-adjustable Nozzle Device

This looks very interesting. Is this compatible with the new CO2 nozzle? What is the TS Custom adjustable device made from? How does the device hold it's setting when in use?

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I need some brainstorming help.

I need to extend the cqb barrel for like 1,5-2cm (or 1inch maybe).

Does anybody have an idea how to do that?

Is there something I can screw between the flashhider and the barrel/muzzle?

Somegirls, another option would be to buy a regular length barrel, and using tube cutters, cut off the excess.

Looks like the TS Nozzle is an adaption of the current nozzle system.

Whereas in the current nozzle the inner valve is free floating and on a spring, it would appear that the TS inner valve is threaded onto the same rod as the nozzle.

I don't know what would stop it creeping under continued use, maybe its just a very tight thread?

This looks very interesting. Is this compatible with the new CO2 nozzle? What is the TS Custom adjustable device made from? How does the device hold it's setting when in use?

Yeah, looks interesting, allright. From the video, it didn't look to stable, but as long as it can keep people ujder the legal limit. But I wonder if its due to the nozzle or just the inherit properties of green gas?

Somegirls...

I've just posted in your other thread.

Just get hold of the M4 length barrel extension piece. Either someone here will have one spare if they are using their M4 as a CQB-R or buy a new bit.

You can then either cut this down to length if required, and then tap out the end so it fits on. I've got the correct tap set if you need to know the size.

M14x1 is what you're after.

I need some brainstorming help.

I need to extend the cqb barrel for like 1,5-2cm (or 1inch maybe).

Does anybody have an idea how to do that?

Is there something I can screw between the flashhider and the barrel/muzzle?

I'd go for a 14mm +/- adaptor. I used to use one to extend my 10" Star outer to 10.5" the exist both from 14- to 14+ and vice versa. Kotte has them

The part is made of steel. It can be used in the CO2 nozzle. Setting can be held relatively consistent (as you can see in the vid). Only thing is: After adjustment, it'll take a few shots before the valve position will stablized (also you can see this in the vid: ~2.43J/2.31/ ----> 0.06J/0.09J/0.01J ---->~0.45J/0.55J/0.39J/)

Edited by TSCustom
The part is made of steel. It can be used in the CO2 nozzle. Setting can be held relatively consistent (as you can see in the vid). Only thing is: After adjustment, it'll take a few shots before the valve position will stablized (also you can see this in the vid: ~2.43J/2.31/ ----> 0.06J/0.09J/0.01J ---->~0.45J/0.55J/0.39J/)

soooo.....where can I buy this thing? Is it a whole assembly or just that little floating valve? In other words, will it work my current valve?

So for those that will be playing with the co2 caplets, what happens if you use up all 30 rounds in a mag and it's time to reload. you have to shoot off the rest of the capsule by dry firing? or release the gas slowly like in co2 pellet guns? or a better question. What if i shot off an unkown amount of bb's one game, and then i need to reload for the next game. How will i know if I have enough gas in the co2 canister to last the full mag?

Well I myself keep a mental note on how may bbs I've shot from a magazine. I usually do this when I need to tactical reload before I expect to engage. Besides mentally keeping track if your unsure as whether you have enough CO2 left for a full reload, assume you don't have enough and change it out. CO2 caplets are cheap.

On a side note. I had a night game with my WE M4 2 nights ago. I wanted to test if the cool night temperature would be a problem for it, I live in San Diego, California. My concern was the temperature wouldn't allow propper cycling. The temperature that night was about 55-60F with Medium Fog. I also went out with the intent to see if my gun would last a 4-5 hour op.

I ran with about 11 mags. All I have to say is my gun is a beast. I didn't encounter one hicup. I own 3 AEG's, I don't use them anymore. Some people complain about the 30 rounds mags. I have to say using this gun has made me a better player. My shots are more focused, no more spraying and praying and I'm just as effective. I say this emphatically, I will not use AEG's anymore.

This is not to say that I didn't run into problems. In the beginning I had broken charging handle, nozzle problems, valve problems, leaky mags, accuracy issues, etc. But like a girlfriend/wife it has issues, but if you stick with and put in some time, the reward is awesome. I have put an investment in my WE M4, time and money, and now she is delivering in spades.

I'm posting this because the majority of the posts of this gun has been negative. That makes sense though, if my gun didn't perform I'd speak up too, and I have in the past. While those like myself currently who are content need not say anything. But I can say with confidence I would put my current WE M4 against anything out there.

Lol, dude, San Diego had like 60° at night when I was there in January 07. That's not really cold. If it works in an Idaho winter, THEN it can to anything ;)

@ ShinHK: I'd guess one CO2 capsule services a pretty overseeable number of reloads. once you've figured that out, all you need to do is be able to tell your mags apart. If they scratch as easy as most metal AEG mags, that should be easy

How about accuracy? I wouldn't complain about 30 rds. either if the groupings were alot tighter. I haven't tested out the new chrome barrel/hop-up or even renegad cow's for that matter...but if I can make the accuracy the same as an AEG, then I'd be alot more satisfied...

How about accuracy? I wouldn't complain about 30 rds. either if the groupings were alot tighter. I haven't tested out the new chrome barrel/hop-up or even renegad cow's for that matter...but if I can make the accuracy the same as an AEG, then I'd be alot more satisfied...

I havent tried the chrome one, but i have the brass inner with the version two hop. No good, on full hop i had no hop!! I have switched back to version one. I will try and get another vers two rubber and give it another go.

I havent tried the chrome one, but i have the brass inner with the version two hop. No good, on full hop i had no hop!! I have switched back to version one. I will try and get another vers two rubber and give it another go.

Really??! Most people report excessive hop! In fact, when I look down the barrel (chrome), I see the two bumps..even whith hop set to zero. And when I start turning the wheel, I don't see the rubber move (yes, I made sure the collar is facing the right way..) ..*sigh*...

*positive stuff about gun*

So would you say you'd be willing to buy more so you'd have 3 gbb WE's like you do AEG's? Just wondering whether you'd be able to duplicate the fixes for the problems you had so that if it happens again you'd know what to do.

@ ShinHK: I'd guess one CO2 capsule services a pretty overseeable number of reloads. once you've figured that out, all you need to do is be able to tell your mags apart. If they scratch as easy as most metal AEG mags, that should be easy

According to the video, one co2 caplet will just do about a mag and a half. I don't play long big game events to need a ridiculous amount of magazines and I do a lot of reloading of mags in between games. And i'd be worried that just because i know i have enough gas left for 30 rounds, it doesn't mean that the last few shots will be at the full power right? Or am i mistaken about co2 where as the pressure inside gets less the pressure released gets less as well? Seems to me it's almost like one capsule is meant for one mag. Once those 30 rounds are shot out of the mag...a new capsule would be recommended. For military training purposes this is probably good because in the real world they don't really stop to "reload" their magazines, they just carry a bunch with them. But for the group that I play airsoft with... stopping in between games to reload is normal. I guess with everything else in airsoft, using co2 caplets has its ups and downs and it's not for everyone.

edit: also...a couple questions regarding the different power nozzles. The way power is adjusted is by how the nozzle itself is made correct? The amount of gas coming out of the magazine is the same, just the amount of gas being directed out the front is changed. So if there's going to be a 350 fps nozzle or whatever that's released, are the mags different as well? If they're not...then the amount of rounds the co2 magazines can shoot off wouldn't change in my assumption.

Edited by shinhk
So would you say you'd be willing to buy more so you'd have 3 gbb WE's like you do AEG's? Just wondering whether you'd be able to duplicate the fixes for the problems you had so that if it happens again you'd know what to do.

According to the video, one co2 caplet will just do about a mag and a half. I don't play long big game events to need a ridiculous amount of magazines and I do a lot of reloading of mags in between games. And i'd be worried that just because i know i have enough gas left for 30 rounds, it doesn't mean that the last few shots will be at the full power right? Or am i mistaken about co2 where as the pressure inside gets less the pressure released gets less as well? Seems to me it's almost like one capsule is meant for one mag. Once those 30 rounds are shot out of the mag...a new capsule would be recommended. For military training purposes this is probably good because in the real world they don't really stop to "reload" their magazines, they just carry a bunch with them. But for the group that I play airsoft with... stopping in between games to reload is normal. I guess with everything else in airsoft, using co2 caplets has its ups and downs and it's not for everyone.

edit: also...a couple questions regarding the different power nozzles. The way power is adjusted is by how the nozzle itself is made correct? The amount of gas coming out of the magazine is the same, just the amount of gas being directed out the front is changed. So if there's going to be a 350 fps nozzle or whatever that's released, are the mags different as well? If they're not...then the amount of rounds the co2 magazines can shoot off wouldn't change in my assumption.

Good points. I'm guessing the excess gas is just vented through the body of the M4 (when firing with lower fps valve)?

Really??! Most people report excessive hop! In fact, when I look down the barrel (chrome), I see the two bumps..even whith hop set to zero. And when I start turning the wheel, I don't see the rubber move (yes, I made sure the collar is facing the right way..) ..*sigh*...

You >really< need to pick the right hop rubber sleeve......they are so inconsistent.

Ideally? You should just see the tips of the 2 bumps in the inner barrel - just peaking through.

This will end up being the hop rubber which yields the best hop adjustment range - not overhopped and not underhopped.

Also,...if the new hop rubber doesnt fit EASILY into the slot cut into the chrome barrel throw it away. The 2 nubs on the green sleeve should easily fit into the hole in the chrome barrel with NO manipulating or coaxing.

If the sleeve isnt a perfect fit, go through a couple more sleeves until you find one that is a perfect fit. Othwerwise you are screwed from the start - there will never be a noticeable adjustment range.

A pain I know, but blame WE manufacturing for the radical inconsistency.

Yeah I am fixing my friends WE's and yeah no thanks I won't want to fix them with a yard stick.

Still they are better than your typical M4 AEG clones, even the G&P AEG have been an 8hr ordeal to work on just to get them working at >400fps. Average time on a WE is 3-4hrs.

Hey WETTI,

this might be a bit of an unusual question, but has your company thought about coming out with a "Skeleton" version of the M4? A stripped down version that would not come with a stock, pistol grip, RIS, rail covers or any of the parts that ppl most often customise. Perhaps it would even lack flip up sights, a flash hider, trigger guard or sling mount. It would mainly consist of the upper and lower receivers, inner and outer barrels and other functional parts (bolt catch, selector switch, etc). This would lower the cost of the gun even further, encourage customization, and put all of those extra spare parts I have lying around my house to good use.

If u look in the Arnies Armalite thread, almost every gun is tricked out and customised by the user. A "Skeleton rig" would appeal to those airsofters who are going to replace the furniture that comes with the gun, because it spares them from wasting money on parts they are not going to use. I'm surprised manufacturers haven't considered this before... or have they?

I have been reading up on alot of GBB and EBB rifles and I am not convinced to drop my $600.00+ on ANY rifle just yet. From reading this thread I have learned that while being generally awesome, the WE M4 is not without its flaws and I am holding out on buying any GBB until the science is perfected (or close to it) , but if WETTI came out with a Skeleton rig for say, $150- $200 at that price I would not be able to resist. And if its a dud, would not feel cheated.

Other Pros of this would be:

would break skeptical AEG airsofters into the GBB field at the cheapest price.

Could serve as a cost effective backup/ replacement.

Would appeal to airsofters who are heavy into customisation (almost everyone)

you already have the parts and this wouldn't take much to implement. (would it?)

You could possibly create a "build it yourself" web page, where the consumer can pick just how "bare" the skeleton rig is. (Add or remover parts) and the price of the rig would adjust as items are added to the gun.

I'm asking WETTI since they follow this thread and I may actually get a response... (and I'm generally hoping that their gun gains momentum and respect as well) but this idea can be applied to any gun manufacturer.

Just a thought... What do you guys think? If WETTI, or any other M4 manufacturers came out with a skeleton rig, would it be of interest to you?

Thnx.