WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

12 gram, the ones that cost about $1 ea, half that in some places and if in bulk.

Am I the only person still getting marks on BB"s when the bolt pushes the bb into the chamber?

You and another guy (can't remember who exactly). Looks to be an isolated case. Find a mate with a working M4 and swap parts with him to see exactly what part in your gun is doing the damage. On the bright side, at least you're not the guy who's magazine exploded. I've counted two globally (disregarding the guy who pumped CO2 in his) one in Thailand and one here in the Philippines, only the guy here had it on his vest when it blew up.

Edited by renegadecow
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Since u have built a full rifle as well as purchased it stock woudln't having an option to buy just the skeleton appeal to you? If WETTI came out with skeleton CO2 GBB that addresses all the issues u have with it and was cheaper than the stock version; and you had plans to customise it; would u honestly buy the full veresion or the Skeletal one?

Hmm...good question. That's actually hard for me to answer because of my personal opinion. I guess it would depend on the price difference between the full version and the stripped down version as well as what the stripped down version consisted of. Honestly the way i see the price, you ARE buying the "skeleton" parts needed to run the gun and pretty much getting the other stuff for free. Stocks, pistol grips, carry handle and fore grips really don't cost much to make and at $360 for a full metal GBB rifle that's hella cheap.

12 gram, the ones that cost about $1 ea, half that in some places and if in bulk.

You and another guy (can't remember who exactly). Looks to be an isolated case. Find a mate with a working M4 and swap parts with him to see exactly what part in your gun is doing the damage. On the bright side, at least you're not the guy who's magazine exploded. I've counted two globally (disregarding the guy who pumped CO2 in his) one in Thailand and one here in the Philippines, only the guy here had it on his vest when it blew up.

If that referred to me. I had only R22 in my magazine. But the temp was high. Magazine wall is so thin to handle CO2 anyway.

realistically? One.

Yup.

I used my KWC Mini UZI for the first time on the field, in the rain and at 55*F no less. Mags themselves weigh a ton and I was carrying spare CO2 bulbs as well. It was reliable.

Basically yeah, even though it fires nearly 50 rounds per CO2 bulb I change out after my 40 is up. Propane is a lot better as you can half load and then just recharge.

The guys with me had their WE M4 and it seems to work ok, though FPS was no where as high as the Mini UZI.

Whats the coldest anyone here has used their WE M4?

Yup.

I used my KWC Mini UZI for the first time on the field, in the rain and at 55*F no less. Mags themselves weigh a ton and I was carrying spare CO2 bulbs as well. It was reliable.

Basically yeah, even though it fires nearly 50 rounds per CO2 bulb I change out after my 40 is up. Propane is a lot better as you can half load and then just recharge.

The guys with me had their WE M4 and it seems to work ok, though FPS was no where as high as the Mini UZI.

I used my WE GBB (AFC version) at 12 celcius. I hit a few opfor but firing every one/ two seconds. Full auto at that temp was not really an option.

I'm OK with one CO2 capsule per mag since I only attend milsim events. I've used my WE at two milsim events and I got the hight hit count (on the opfor!) than the other guys in my squad as a result of much more careful aiming and the good range and accuracy of my WE M4.

I've used the WE M4 successfully in around 4 degrees Celcius (~39 Fahrenheit). I did not use full-auto and semi was then really sluggish, a bit like HFC134a normally. Gun fed and cycled quite fine, but did not lock back when empty. The power was around 400fps with the 480fps nozzle. I believe that's about the minimum temperature you can even think of using regular gas magazines. I'll definitely get those CO2 mags for the next winter. Interesting to see how they perform. Usually a lot better than regular gas.

Edited by Lupus78

Since a single CO2 bulb appears to realistically manage about 40 to 50 rounds I will be forced to change the bulb every 30 shots to ensure a full mag can be fired. It might be an idea to have the CO2 mag capable of storing and firing say 45 i.e. the maximum number of shots a single CO2 bulb can offer with the ability to lock it at 30 if required. This might be done by some kind of switch controlling the spring or bb chamber length in use (I think something similar was done on the new blowback TM M4). That way standard airsoft players get more use and more rounds for less carry weight but training/mil-sim get 30 rounds true.

Edited by Marky [UE]

That's the 500fps setting. I'd assume it consumes a lot more gas than a 350 or 400 fps setting we'd realistically see on the field. I guess we're talking ~2-3 magazines per cartrige.

I'm taking propane out because I really don't feel like hauling a propane tank to every game for logistical reasons

So:

Co2:

+More consistent output

+more winter reliable

-more expensive

-many sites might complain about a CO2 power source

Gas:

+cheaper

+no CO2- argument, BUT...

- ...many sites with fps limits might have trouble chroning the gun because of wild FPS-fluctuations

The 350 fps config will just take as much gas/co2 as the 500fps will. The only thing that differs is the relation of of gas directed forward/backwards.

And when you have a wide range of of fps readings there's something messed up. Can happen to the Co2 system as well.

The only advantage I see pro Co2 is the workability in colder days. That's it.

It's more epensive, you need to get a new nozzle kit (again) and changing the cartriges takes quite some time.

And when you have a wide range of of fps readings there's something messed up. Can happen to the Co2 system as well.

Well, that's what I posted a few pages back. I chronoed my friend's gun, and it kept jumping between ~270 and ~470, It's an AWSS V2 (or V3, if they don't come with chrome barrels), pretty much out of the box

The only advantage I see pro Co2 is the workability in colder days. That's it.

It's more epensive, you need to get a new nozzle kit (again) and changing the cartriges takes quite some time.

I'm personally waiting for the CO2 Rifle, so an upgrade kit is not the question. The question for me is wether to get CO2 or gas mags. And if gas is that inconsistent, you'd likely not get permitted to use it by most sites (Gambit comes to mind ;) )

What is the usual FPS margin on WEs in the standard out-of-the-box setting for V2 and V3s?

Well, that's what I posted a few pages back. I chronoed my friend's gun, and it kept jumping between ~270 and ~470, It's an AWSS V2 (or V3, if they don't come with chrome barrels), pretty much out of the box

There are MANY people complaining of this and I have now witnessed it myself with a gen3 rifle.

500fps first shot, then the next pull, the bb just leaves the barrel, arcing to the ground after 25 feet!!!

The next shot somewhere in the middle but NOWHERE near 500fps. Then a STRONG powerful shot. Then again, 100fps, just making 20 feet before hitting the ground.

FPS all over the place, .......something is up with the new valves or nozzle, or ??

hmmm...are the inconsitencies normal with all GBBs? Do the WA or G&Ps suffer from the same issues?

No. Most WAs and G&Ps are GTG out of the box. The lemon probability is considerably lower compared to the WE. The G&Ps may have one or two parts that are recommended to be upgraded (bolt/bolt carrier and bolt lock), but other than that, they're surprisingly reliable and accurate. Plus with the new GHK mags costing less than half the price of the WA's and being much more reliable than the stock WA mags, the G&Ps have enticed more and more prospective buyers. You still can't beat the WE though when it comes to weight of mags. The WA mags are painfully heavy, comparable in weight to a full RS mag ... except with RS mags, the get lighter whereas WA mags stay the same weight. :P

The new RATech WA/G&P/INO/Prime NPAS bolts are pretty awesome though. You can adjust the FPS simply using a specialized key.

No. Most WAs and G&Ps are GTG out of the box. The lemon probability is considerably lower compared to the WE. The G&Ps may have one or two parts that are recommended to be upgraded (bolt/bolt carrier and bolt lock), but other than that, they're surprisingly reliable and accurate. Plus with the new GHK mags costing less than half the price of the WA's and being much more reliable than the stock WA mags, the G&Ps have enticed more and more prospective buyers. You still can't beat the WE though when it comes to weight of mags. The WA mags are painfully heavy, comparable in weight to a full RS mag ... except with RS mags, the get lighter whereas WA mags stay the same weight. :P

The new RATech WA/G&P/INO/Prime NPAS bolts are pretty awesome though. You can adjust the FPS simply using a specialized key.

Well, back in 05' 06, when I was deciding on a new AEG, it was ICS vs CA, with 50% recommendations aagainst the one or the other. In the end, when I went stateside, I decided to go G&P, which is still running and the most reliable AEG I've seen.

These days it's WE vs WA, and I'm thinking about going G&P again. Only problem is, G&P is not available in Germany. But then, if the new law prohibits Airsoft Guns in germany, it's one point I won't have to worry about anymore...

btw, you can't beat the WE pricing also ;)