WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

FPS still erratic even with original brass nozzle. And 300FPS floating valve. Chrono'd @ approximately 90*F (30*C-35*C?) 350-390 on a 5 shot chrono on .20 with new hop, stabilizer and all. Testing this weekend I was having a hell of a time trying to tune it to stay within reason at 75*F-80*F. New hop works wonders and is day and night over the initial hop. But the erratic FPS is very frustrating.

BTW WETTI you'll need to redesign your gas mag's too. They WILL not hold up to triple digit temps. One of my magazine's bursted today. Luckily it was in my go bag. I was running straight propane. Tore up the internal shell and popped the spot welds off the external shell. If you're running around in be very careful of your mags getting hit with full sunlight as temps on these will exceed 120*F-130*F easily. Picture to follow later. I need a shower

Edited to remove unnecessary rant, see my next post.

WETTI you guys are top notch, it seems like between the members here and your tech department you'll have one hell of a weapon by the end of the year. I'd like to see something a touch more gas efficient, I'd hate to have to lug around CO2 capsules or Green gas just to reload, one mags worth of gas is "ok", two mags full for a combat reload would be awesome. I'd love to see an SR-25, or L85 in the near future. Also I'd love some brushed steel barrels for an M16.

Edited by frogfish

^

WHOA! Dude, what the hell are you ranting about? Cool down or go away.

I bought a SP and spent a ton of money on it - and it still sucked. Innaccurate as Hell & HOSES & GAS TANKS BLOW - and so does Sniper-X!

End of story. Whats your problem with that?

You're going to attempt to lecture me about "what a stock Sun Project is" and how much you have to spend to make an SP work properly??

lol....yeah, "check".......I was part of the Classic Airsoft forum and SP movement years back. Been there, done that.

Edited by rottenotto

Sorry, Otto

took some of your comments out of context. I was never satisfied with my SP either (not when compared to LRB equipped BV guns), however from what I've seen personally they've preformed better than the WEs I've been around (but I'll bet money they were gen1s, with owners who bought the most trendy thing without fixing anything).

Can see your side to the gas rig delemma, but personally I would prefer to be able to reload mags with a BB loader and not fumble around for a GG bottle or CO2 caplet every time my mags goes dry (which can be just about 1-2 hours depending on where I play). But as you can tell with Crye being my favorite kit seller I'm not into the reenactment and total milsim stuff like you are.

With the massive amounts of improvements you are figuring out quickly and that WETTI is paying attention to I don't see why these issues won't be ironed out within this latest or the next production round.

I'm a little concerned by this rupturing mag thing though, I play at places where it can easily get to the mid 110s and if they are rupturing at 90 it's a no go for me. Which would be sad, as I'd love a nice little GBB to kick around with for fun. Is it the mag or is it that propane is to strong?

Edited by frogfish
Sorry, Otto

took some of your comments out of context. I was never satisfied with my SP either (not when compared to LRB equipped BV guns), however from what I've seen personally they've preformed better than the WEs I've been around (but I'll bet money they were gen1s, with owners who bought the most trendy thing without fixing anything).

Can see your side to the gas rig delemma, but personally I would prefer to be able to reload mags with a BB loader and not fumble around for a GG bottle or CO2 caplet every time my mags goes dry (which can be just about 1-2 hours depending on where I play).

With the massive amounts of improvements you are figuring out quickly and that WETTI is paying attention to I don't see why these issues won't be ironed out within this latest or the next production round.

I'm a little concerned by this rupturing mag thing though, I play at places where it can easily get to the mid 110s and if they are rupturing at 90 it's a no go for me. Which would be sad, as I'd love a nice little GBB to kick around with for fun. Is it the mag or is it that propane is to strong?

100% reconciled.

We're cool froggy, peace.

OTTO

Hey guys,

New owner of a WE m4 gbb right here, but I'm a bit wary of my purchase if it was really a ver3

The body has no markings, but the store owner claims it came straight from WE and not AFC (or whatever acronym he gave me that started with an A)

And renegadecow told me what to check inside (loading nozzle should be steel and newer hopup) , but unfortunately it didn't match up to what he said when I checked, or I didn't know what to look at 8(

The only good part of the story here is that I got a really good price for it. Should I be worried if I got a ver1?

^ No worries.

Like I wrote on the wiki post, at the end of the day there is only ONE we M4. I'd suggest reading this one page. You did fine.

WIKI POST - WE "VERSIONS" - THE REALITY.

You might have to get the new hop/inner barrel. So what.

A few dollars and your WE that you bought for a good price is brought up to spec. with the latest revisions.

Edited by rottenotto
^ No worries.

Like I wrote on the wiki post, at the end of the day there is only ONE we M4. I'd suggest reading this one page. You did fine.

WIKI POST - WE "VERSIONS" - THE REALITY.

You might have to get the new hop/inner barrel. So what.

A few dollars and your WE that you bought for a good price is brought up to spec. with the latest revisions.

Good points

Read your wiki article also. Now I can go back to really enjoying my rifle! Really no regrets on buying it!

I have yet to have a pistol mag or have heard of a pistol mag exploding due to summer heat. Then again if you look at the thickness of the walls of a pistol compared to say the WE there's a huge difference. It's a combination of the expansion rate of propane and the design of the mag itself but I'm leaning towards the mag as being the main culprit here.

This isn't my first mag to pop either. I've had 2 pop on me. First one happened when I got mine for christmas. It was a bit cold out so I warmed up the mag filled with propane with hot water and the mag cracked at the side plate. Second time was in Feb. @ a game in the morning I was filling up in the morning and that one popped too. Oddly though it was the sheared off at the screws. Almost like the pressure of the gas simply tore the screw. Bent the plate. third time it literally blew up. Ambient temp was 60*F. In all 3 cases I noticed excessive gas leakage and then pop.

renegadecow, I recieved your custom V1 Hop up rubbers!

FINALLY!!! I'm tired of people here doing completely unscientific tests. *I can hit a coconut real far aways*

And yet another exploding magazine? Is this happening more and more frequently or are people just reporting their incidents as they gain confidence in numbers?

USA -1

UK -1

Thailand -1

Philippines -1