WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I would really like to see an official response from WETTI as I now feel this is a very real safety concern.

Here here. Wetti we know you're reading this, could we please have some feedback? Are you investigating? Coming up with a solution? An official warning is in order at the very least. Let your retailers know, have them pass the word. I'm sure a lot of WE owners don't follow this forum and they should be warned before something serious happens. It's heating up everywhere, now is the time to get the word out.

I was wondering if WETTI plan to continue to perfect their design or they consider their platform as finished. There are still weak parts (mostly cheap plastic or thin metal) in the trigger/firing mechanism. That was reported several pages ago by some users, there was even user-made improvements but WETTI eluded the question.

I don't want to order a brand new firing mechanism that will be outdated (or broken) in some weeks...

Also an answer about the explosive mags issue would be welcome, don't want to be a human bomb kamikaze while playing this summer. Here in South France it's currently 28-30 celsius and will easily reach 35 and more in some weeks...

Edited by Major Dutch Schaeffer

After my mag got exploded, I have switch to mixed gas between 134A and high pressure gas (3:1) . Now it could stand 40C degree. I have 3 mags . None of them leaked or exploded during the day. I started playing from 10:00 to 17:00 . The highest temp was a bit above 40C in the afternoon and it was a sunny day.

or just wait for the pro-win mags ;)

Lets hope they dont leak like the bomber mags (for WA).

They were going to save the day for WA owners - not!

And not to "fan the flames" but propane is the most dangerous gas going as for explosions.

Every time you turn on the news and there is a CATSASTROPHIC explosion/fire somewhere in the world its ALWAYS propane it seems.

propane 1

propane canada

On and on and on.....

Mind you, this is GIANT stores of propane in the vids, but even a small mag filled with propane can be disastrous if mishandled.

I dont know whats worse - lipoly in the house or propane charged mags.

OTTO

After my mag got exploded, I have switch to mixed gas between 134A and high pressure gas (3:1) . Now it could stand 40C degree. I have 3 mags . None of them leaked or exploded during the day. I started playing from 10:00 to 17:00 . The highest temp was a bit above 40C in the afternoon and it was a sunny day.

LOL you say that as a matter of factly like exploding mags for you is a norm :D

I'm not satisfied how things going within the last weeks..

no real news, TS One seems to be dead,.. no website news/changes.. no email answers etc..

..no new receivers yet etc etc..

:/

Edited by Carsten
I'm not satisfied how things going within the last weeks..

no real news, TS One seems to be dead,.. no website news/changes.. no email answers etc..

..no new receivers yet etc etc..

:/

TS One are not the ones making the gear. TS are and there was a new limited production LaRue receiver posted a couple of weeks back

TS One are not the ones making the gear. TS are and there was a new limited production LaRue receiver posted a couple of weeks back

I'm absolutely familiar with that,..

this limited receiver was beautiful but not for "the masses" as I said before. Besides that, their site hasn't changed the last weeks in any way and they are not responding to any mail..

TSOne is somehow "dead" for me,..

And the rest? Nothing new on the "AB front" plus neither the CO2 rifles nor the upgrade sets are available yet.

strange.

Edited by Carsten

I'm absolutely familiar with that,..

this limited receiver was beautiful but not for "the masses" as I said before. Besides that, their site hasn't changed the last weeks in any way and they are not responding to any mail..

TSOne is somehow "dead" for me,..

And the rest? Nothing new on the "AB front" plus neither the CO2 rifles nor the upgrade sets are available yet.

strange.

it certainly is. lets hope Wetti/AB will be forthcoming with some news and good soon.

are the new CO2 versions already equipped with the chromed inner barrel?

The chrome barrel is a precision upgrade to the standard barrel. I would imagine the CO2 rifle will come fitted with the standard barrel and revised hop-up.

Edited by Marky [UE]

I have a question to anybody who had a leak of gas from under gas chamber plate ? Two of my mags leaking right under this plate, leaks are located below outgoing valve. I've tried to fasten the screws, use grease on the gascet. Nothing is working. One of my valves looks kind of weird. Straight when i do try to fit it into the hole i can feel some little resistance, then each time i take this valve out one of o-rings is misalliged and out of its position. Can anyone help me with this issue ?

I have also a question to UK based guys. Which propane do You guys buy ? I've tried Brenzomatic from Halfords in blue can, but it seem to be to weak.

Edited by Nazio

i use this in all my gas guns it is dirt cheap, kicks well and is in far better sized bottles (short and fat over tall and thin bernzo bottles) also they are tacticool black not blue.

edit= pic for size comparison hi-capa5.1, coleman bottle ontop of a medium utillity/dump pouch.

Picking up my WEm4 today but this gass bottle has filled about 40 hi-cappa mags and my vsr gas bolt about 15 times.

Edited by farrasdevell
I thought the CO2 valve is backward compatible with the old gen guns, why do we need to replace the Parts #38, #111, #112 and #121 and the Stabilizer.

I would really want to get one but am not so sure that I need all those parts from the CO2 conv. kit.

Unless you recently purchased your gun, your valves (including steel ones you just bought) aren't C02 compatible. This is a whole new valve and brass housing...I know...totally lame...but oh well...this time, I'm gonna wait to see what the concensus is on the co2 mags.

I know my steel valve is not CO2 compatible, but why can't I just buy a CO2 valve and call it a day? So does it mean the brass cylinder/housing and the rubber chamber are also new design for the CO2?

My intention is not necessarily use CO2 mags but I am hoping a more consistent muzzle velocity using regular gas mags, will this CO2 valve provide me with what I want?

I know my steel valve is not CO2 compatible, but why can't I just buy a CO2 valve and call it a day? So does it mean the brass cylinder/housing and the rubber chamber are also new design for the CO2?

Absolutely - the brass breech/chamber will be quite different looking at the shape of that loading nozzle.

Im looking forard to the new brass chamber. Im hoping its machined cleaner than the previous abortion that WE calls a "feed ramp".

I could care less about CO2 use too. At least for now, maybe next winter I will feel differently.

OhOh, I just had a look at "ebaybanned" webshop.

There is a picture of a new gun that should be available in June.

It is... an AGM M4 Gas Blowback. And price (including shipping) will be "$ 1XX". = Less than $200.

On the picture there is a fore-grip in the box to. So there is some RIS I guess.

I'm very curious about the gas-blowback system it will use. Will it be a WA or WE clone? Or did AGM invent a realy new system (I don't think AGM "invents").

And will it be "competition" for the WE (quality-wise)...?