WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

OhOh, I just had a look at "ebaybanned" webshop.

There is a picture of a new gun that should be available in June.

It is... an AGM M4 Gas Blowback. And price (including shipping) will be "$ 1XX". = Less than $200.

On the picture there is a fore-grip in the box to. So there is some RIS I guess.

I'm very curious about the gas-blowback system it will use. Will it be a WA or WE clone? Or did AGM invent a realy new system (I don't think AGM "invents").

And will it be "competition" for the WE (quality-wise)...?

by looking at the mag, i assume its a WA clone~ ;)

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

About th e CO2 kit for AB...

I 've heard that is going to be a high fps version. Does anybody knows for sure? AB does not anounce fps... :unsure:

Well AB says about...480fps with 0.25 bbs...could be around 520 with 0.20 bbs, right?

with the CA kit I found the best bet is to remove the front foresight by taking the two pins out and sliding it forward .

Then fit the RIS in the delta ring (loosen off the locking cleat first)

slide the foresight and collar back into place and there you go ;)

PM me if you get stuck

It's the WA system. Stock WA is not as good as WE. G&P's m4 GBB is also based on WA but has many reinforced internals. I get the impression that WA's strategy is to spread the technology.

Could We be the Betamax and WA the VHF of airsoft weapons? Sony's betamax was always the best video tape format but lost out to VHF due to strength in numbers.

well, I've installed my new revised hop and chrome barrel. After some initial headaches with jams and double feeds, which I think I have now cured, I'm ready to get some testing done.

Initial reports would indicate that this new system is far far better than the old one. Beebs are going straight for a change, rather than straight UP!

unfortunately, other worldly things got in the way and I'm now out for the weekend and unable to give it a run down. So we'll just have to wait a while longer.

But as mentioned before, the new gen hop rubbers are madly different. Get plenty!

My inner barrel had some sort of swarf on the inside, like a drill had caught a bit and left a really big tang of metal sticking out. That needed pinching off and a bit of filing to get right! So that wasn't too hot from the QC point of view.

Then when it was installed, there was this strange jamming issue. Never happened before, and only started with the new barrel swap. I narrowed it down to the beeb getting jammed in 117. So did a bit of jiggery pokery in the nozzle department and now seems to be working fine.

Incidentally, I've now sorted out my very easy completely adjustable nozzle power mod. I'll get some pics up when I get back home.

But basically consists of some extra threads on the nozzle rod, a 3mm securing nut and trimming down the plastic sleeve behind the nozzle. Hey presto, fully adjustable power.

Mine shoots great now, after nearly 100 mags...It now shoots at 70 meters and the BBs reach the target. I did some testing yesterday with a guy showing us his *albatross* on the field(also without dropping his pants) So I told him go away and I'm gonna shoot you. He went 70 meters away from my position, after after my shoots I'd go to him while counting my setps and, well 75 steps!

My actual configuration

22052009089.jpg

Here are the BBs I'm using

It's the WA system. Stock WA is not as good as WE. G&P's m4 GBB is also based on WA but has many reinforced internals. I get the impression that WA's strategy is to spread the technology.

Could We be the Betamax and WA the VHF of airsoft weapons? Sony's betamax was always the best video tape format but lost out to VHF due to strength in numbers.

And Im willing to bet the chinese clone will have a LESS WOBBLY metal body than the G&P version.

If the truth was told, G&P is only marginally better than the stock WA in reality - it gains in some areas and loses in others.

Why cant G&P make a body that doesnt require a stack of shims to keep it from wobbling? (and it still wobbles somewhat)

I was wondering if WETTI plan to continue to perfect their design or they consider their platform as finished. There are still weak parts (mostly cheap plastic or thin metal) in the trigger/firing mechanism. That was reported several pages ago by some users, there was even user-made improvements but WETTI eluded the question.

I don't want to order a brand new firing mechanism that will be outdated (or broken) in some weeks...

Also an answer about the explosive mags issue would be welcome, don't want to be a human bomb kamikaze while playing this summer. Here in South France it's currently 28-30 celsius and will easily reach 35 and more in some weeks...

FYI...I did not 'elude' the question. This part is being made & implemented as we speak.

part_59_2.jpg

Other improvements are being implemented as well.

Regarding the mags, I do not believe it is a design issue, nor a QC issue. Our mag design was thought out very carefully & much testings went into it before release. However, like with anything under high pressure, there is a risk of accident if handle improperly. Once again I would outline how you should handle these mags (as with all other gas mags in airsoft guns):

1. Only fill up the mags full before use

2. Do not leave full mags in exposed sunlight or near heat sources for extended period of time

3. Discharge & follow pt#4 immediately after use.

4. When storing the mags, just leave a 'puff' of gas inside to pressurize & moisturize the seals. NEVER store mags fully charged.

5. Our M4 mags are design to use with Green gas only (or H134a). DO NOT use red or CO2 in these mags.

6. DO NOT try sealing things permanently inside the mags to fix leaks, our M4 mag internals are designed with escape channels for excessive pressure as a safety measure.

WETTI

I thought the CO2 valve is backward compatible with the old gen guns, why do we need to replace the Parts #38, #111, #112 and #121 and the Stabilizer.

I would really want to get one but am not so sure that I need all those parts from the CO2 conv. kit.

Your information is incorrect. You'll need the conversion kit to use with Co2 mags. Our CO2 nozzle design IS backward compatible with regular gas mags though.

6. DO NOT try sealing things permanently inside the mags to fix leaks, our M4 mag internals are designed with escape channels for excessive pressure as a safety measure.

Strange, I've had to do just that for all my mags as the main gasket (rectangular rubber) wouldn't hold gas at all after it started leaking. I didn't see any damage on the gasket but I suspect it shrank.

Also good to hear you're fixing #59. I've had to go through hell just making a few of them. I'm beginning to regret having to use SUS304 stainless steel with it being too tough. Using your regular steel with the design change might be enough.

100_1379.jpg

WE will win. Period.

This is not a baseless boost/comment. You will all see why. A pity I'm not at any liberty to elaborate further... :rolleyes:

My mags weren't permanently sealed. They were 75-90% filled when they bursted due to the heat. And staying out of the sun during the summer is almost impossible in California for any duration especially during game time.

The entire WE system is/has had a design flaw or QC issue from the beginning. Otherwise, the need to replace and or redesign certain parts wouldn't be necessary for the short duration that it's been available. Perhaps your magazines are flawed also. Otherwise, why would there be a need to "fix" mags right out of the box because they leak even during the winter months?

I have already order the CO2 kit from AB. I have two questions though:

a) If you replace the brass chamber with the new one will you still be able to use the old propane nozzles?

B) Will the new nozzle, be adjusted somehow to lower the fps?

Edited by Pantelis
WE will win. Period.

This is not a baseless boost/comment. You will all see why. A pity I'm not at any liberty to elaborate further... :rolleyes:

Please elaborate on this point as soon as it is possible. I'm sorry to say but my enthusiasm for the WE M4 is starting to wane. Especially since the popularity of the G&P WOC is continuing to grow on a daily basis.

In my eyes the saving grace of the WE platform is not actually the product itself but rather the ongoing support and communication from the people behind the product. This is something that will not be matched elsewhere.

As is always the case, the more information one has on a product the more confident one is when purchasing said product. That said I will continue to wait patiently for the release of the Co2 magazines and the reviews that will follow.

This gun requires really few mods to become fiable. At least mine...Like I said before, now my gun is as fiable as a GBB can be. Every BB fly straight to its target, at 70meters. I did very few mods on my gun:RS Charging Handle, RS Stock and Tube(with RS Buffer), Gen2 Barrel/Hop Up(Personaly, I don't care if the barrel is chromed or not, since you don't see it), and new Trigger Assembly. As you see, I did not change many things, and my gun is a Gen 1

WETTI thank you for your insight. Did you change the alloy for this part too? Current version metal seems a bit too soft...

You pretend that WE will win this market, is it for Professionnal Training market or for Airsoft Milsim enthusiasts market?

Sure you're pretty the only one GBB producer aiming at professionnal training. But on the enthusiast's market, WA platform is supported by major aftermarket parts productors (G&P, Prime, Inokatsu, Magpul PTS and now China companies) which offer a larger selection of aftermarket parts. Do you have plans to counterattack this? Your platform currently lacks customizing options. :mellow:

Please elaborate on this point as soon as it is possible.

Savage, this is a bit of a double edged sword really. If WETTI releases this information early (like they did with the CO2 stuff) and then it is delayed and delayed (as these things invariably are), then we all get miffed about that and claim they are slow, useless etc.... If they don't release the information, then we claim they are not doing anything.

So as you can see, its a bit of a fine line to tread.

At the moment it does feel like a community project, what with our suggestions being put into the design. I quite like that.

But, design changes are happening. which is more than can be said for most other companies.

I don't think its much though. A few materials changes for weak components, the odd design change to sort out better operation for certain parts.

We have to remember IT'S A GAS RIFLE. It will never be as consistent as an AEG unless it goes down the regulated route for propulsion and a separate system for blowback. The fundamentals of gas expansion and pressure dictate this.

If you can't grasp this point and come to terms with it, then you really want to be selling your GBB and getting a standard AEG or an EBB.

My message is... Don't expect TOO MUCH from your gas rifle.

Redline... I am not talking about QC issues here. I know you have had the personal nightmare story! I feel for you.

On a personal note, my holding open function still isn't working, despite modding the mags as per the WIKI. I've got a little lateral play in the bolt release catch, do you think this might be the cause?

WE will win. Period.

Good. I certainly hope WE will win.

My WE AFC version works in all respects with no MODS. I had a (very) recently retired Royal marine Commando try out my WE AFC rifle and they said it was the closest to the real steel that they have ever seen in an Airsoft weapon- he said "I've got to get me one of these."

My wallet is waiting for the CO2 Mags and the SCAR:)

I would however suggest that the Mag quality is further considered. Right now, if I was playing in California or the middle east I would not place a fully gassed up mag near my soft assets whilst on a patrolling in the sunshine at or near 40 celcius +. Also I use the Fastmag system that exposes about 50% of the surface of the mag to direct sunshine- sometimes for extended periods when patrolling.

WE will win. Period.

I can only agree... WE WILL win in the end...

And just to show WHY I will post a picture with some interesting projects soon to be ready and released.

The picture is a photo montage made by Buckshot, admin of AGGMA.com from pictures of ACTUAL WE Project photos.

The Photos will be posted later.

WE-promo1.jpg