WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

The only and last thing I want to say about the claimed temps of the mags is that the people don't actually KNOW what temperature the MAG was at when it exploded. Just because it was in an environment where the ambient temp was "40C" you have no way of knowing the actual temp the MAG reached sitting in direct sunlight.

So who wants to go take one of those IR temp gauges, put their mag in the sunlight, and wait for it to explode so we know what the real point of failure is?

Of course you can know the temp of metal exposed to sunlight. Metal will absorb heat and radiate heat. It will at some temp reach equilibrium - i.e. radiate as much as it receives- a stable temp no matter how long its exposed to the sun. I'm not going find all the equations but the general rule of thumb for metal is approximately between 15 to 20 C above ambient temp in direct sunlight.

My mag exploded with an ambient temp of 20C so t was probably around 35C but possibly an absolute worst case max of 40C.

Anyway I'm sure eventually the quality of the mags will improve and become more consistent. I used my WE today with 26C ambient temp and it was pretty awsome!

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

May29/2009 - Full squad of U.S. Army Rangers at the 5th Rangers Training Battalion at Camp Frank D. Merrill, Dahlonega, Georgia, USA

http://f.imagehost.org/0128/P1000418a.jpg

Same squad of Rangers coming to attention

http://f.imagehost.org/0255/P1000496a.jpg

Will you equip the entire U.S. Armed Forces with your WE toy guns or will it just fill a tiny niche amongst the AEGs, Paintball markers, RAMs, RAPs, MILES and Simmunition system they already have for training?

Edited by KWP

I think it's very unfair and totally baseless to call any and all "exploding" mags user negligence. As for a lawsuit not holding don't count your breath. If a lady can sue McDonald's for serving hot coffee that she accidently spilled and burnt herself and win. Then any incident involving any of your products can and will result in the same ruling. Especially, since it's mainly exported as a "toy".

Of course you can know the temp of metal exposed to sunlight. Metal will absorb heat and radiate heat. It will at some temp reach equilibrium - i.e. radiate as much as it receives- a stable temp no matter how long its exposed to the sun. I'm not going find all the equations but the general rule of thumb for metal is approximately between 15 to 20 C above ambient temp in direct sunlight.

My mag exploded with an ambient temp of 20C so t was probably around 35C but possibly an absolute worst case max of 40C.

Anyway I'm sure eventually the quality of the mags will improve and become more consistent. I used my WE today with 26C ambient temp and it was pretty awsome!

Wasn't it also on a sofa? How effectively would your black mag radiate heat whilst it is sat in direct sunlight thru a glass window whilst sat on insulating material? The heat would bleed off into the sofa until the foam gets to the same temp as the mag. at that point the mag will continue to heat up.

Wasn't it also on a sofa? How effectively would your black mag radiate heat whilst it is sat in direct sunlight thru a glass window whilst sat on insulating material? The heat would bleed off into the sofa until the foam gets to the same temp as the mag. at that point the mag will continue to heat up.

Possibly but the mag would still reach a point where it would stop heating up and reach a stable temp- again usually at around or between +15C and 20C. The sofa material is not a great conductor of heat so all the remaining exposed surface area of the mag would be radiating excess heat. I don't tink the sofa made much difference- a little for sure but I don't think that significant.

Anyone know where I can get a reinforced mil-spec charging handle? Horizon Tactical seems to be offline now and they aren't taking anymore orders past the month of May. Honestly screw ASB, so any other suggestions for North America? Anyone get anything from TS-One? I had good communications with them for 2 weeks straight then they seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth.

My WE reinforced :rolleyes: charging handle just broke in 2.

thanks,

Bryan

Edited by Autotechnica
Anyone know where I can get a reinforced mil-spec charging handle? Horizon Tactical seems to be offline now and they aren't taking anymore orders past the month of May. Honestly screw ASB, so any other suggestions for North America? Anyone get anything from TS-One? I had good communications with them for 2 weeks straight then they seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth.

My WE reinforced :rolleyes: charging handle just broke in 2.

thanks,

Bryan

Not Milspec but CNC AL.

http://www.ipscgm.com/index.php?main_page=...roducts_id=1496

I ordered one but haven't received any shipping notification from them yet...and it's been a few days Im starting to wonder about their service.

THese are also the same PRI handles seen on Redwolf for the WA/PTW systems...so they might just be the same...can anyone clarify?

The Magpul PTS grip I bought from Redwolf that said it also fit the WE needed modification for the selector spring hole in the grip. Wondering just how man of the external parts for WE/WA are actually compatible.

New pic of my WE with a little Magpul.com ad on it, WE + Magpul = FTW!

WEMagpulogo2.JPG

Edited by ViciousV10s

Hey guys.

Really thinking about getting one of these, but has anyone tried the M16A3 variant?

I haven't seen one at my site - are they even in the UK yet?

Are there any differences from the M4 to the M16, in terms of the mechanism?

Sorry if there's already a thread on it - I couldn't find it!

Also, any reviews?

Cheers!

Ben.

You might have been a bit too literal in your interpretation on this Chris, I think he was referring to the full real steel range of components i.e. the MOE hand guards, grips, stocks etc.

There are very few UK suppliers with stock of the RS items due to US export restrictions and current worldwide stock. You can get the RS MIAD from the Southern Gun Company (I can dig a link out later if you need it). CTR stocks are hard to come by as are the hand guards. The best alternative is for a good friend to send you a present from the US.

I have the RS MOE hand guard (had to make some minor mods due to movement, I can explain if required) and RS MIAD (perfect fit using the WE bolt) fitted to mine. The RS Aluminium Trigger Guard doesn't fit, needs some pretty major modification and is sat in a drawer. RS Magpul MBUS is on its way to me now.

Edited by Marky [UE]

Airsoft buddy now has the new Co2 magazines in stock.

http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct...products_id=362

$10 more than the green gas mags doesn't seem like the greatest deal considering these hold the same amount of bbs. Unless the blow back is noticeably stronger I don't really see the need for these.

But thats just me.

I still haven't seen a photo of exactly where one of the mags has failed.

frontview.jpg

sideview.jpg

I think the main issue is that there aren't any instructions included on how these mags should be treated. WE doesn't tell in the manual to store magazines empty. You can't blame negligence on the user if you fail to properly instruct the user on proper handling.

That being said, I love my WE M4 and I run around with mags on my person and leave mags under my bed and I don't worry about it.

Edited by CommieHunter