WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Wow, that's a bit different and worse than I was expecting.

How old were these mags when they exploded? Maybe there's some sort of metallurgical issue and the metal becomes weakened from everyday use.

AFAIK, you shouldn't keep ANY gas gun left charged for any extended period of time. S'kinda common knowledge...

Ben.

On the other hand, I've always heard that some gas should be left in the magazine when storing it to keep the seals healthy. It's always been my experience that mags that go into storage ungassed tend to develop leaks, where as mags that always have a bit of gas in them almost never develop a leak unless they suffer a hard fall.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Provided you give it the same amount of shake time as with the real HK416 tests on Youtube, I don't see why it shouldn't. The blow back chamber is almost completely sealed and your only worry would be water left inside the barrel.

Wouldn't water in the barrel flow into the blowback chamber?

Airsoft buddy now has the new Co2 magazines in stock.

http://www.airsoftbuddy.com/index_eproduct...products_id=362

$10 more than the green gas mags doesn't seem like the greatest deal considering these hold the same amount of bbs. Unless the blow back is noticeably stronger I don't really see the need for these.

But thats just me.

Maybe because you're in a warm part of the USA?

In the UK Propane GBB weapons are pretty much useless outside of summer. CO2 works well in cold weather due to its lower boiling point- i.e. what is cold in winter is pretty warm for CO2.

CO2 Mags being released is good news. I'm placing an order for a few of these ASAP. When's the WE Scar being released?

Edited by bbstriker

Well, I seem to have fixed my bolt stop issue.

Having done the mod on the mags as described on the WIKI I was still experiencing problems.

So I did a bit of looking and it appeared as though due to some friction in the bolt stop and the spring underneath it, this was stopping the power of the spring in the magazine from pushing up the bolt stop.

so I put a tiny shim in the bolt stop to take out some of the play, and I clipped the spring down ever so slightly (and I mean slightly), so it had just enough to push it out of the way when not under tension from the the mag spring.

Hey presto. now working fine with all magazines.

AFAIK, you shouldn't keep ANY gas gun left charged for any extended period of time. S'kinda common knowledge...

Ben.

Untrue. Anyone is the O-ring industry would tell you otherwise. O-rings seal better when gas is kept inside it.

Once you keep the system unpressurised the O-ring loses the original shape that it takes the space and hence it will leak.

If the O-ring decides to dry up and die, its because a) The wrong gas is being used with the O-ring (O-rings can be made out of various materials) B) wrong additives are added to the gas mixture.

This is why the mags you see from factory always leak until a) you fill it up and B) you add silicone oil (which expands the O-rings a slightly).

Hi guys,

I've been wondering and can't seem to find an answer. How would you reduce FPS when using a CO2 conversion kit with 12gr capsules to around 340 fps.

Also are there any known internal superiorities of the new WE M16 and CQBR over the M4 AFC as seen below (2nd down)

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/Gas_Rifles.html

They are all the same version, aren't they?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by gunnermaniac
Not if it were chambered. And if it weren't it would only go as far as the nozzle since #122 would be blocking the way.

OK. That's god to know. On some milsim weekends I attend there is the occasional river crossing. With an electric rifle being accidentally submerged, you can pretty much rule out that weapon for the duration. It seems that with a GBB Rifle, a quick field strip and simply draining it followed by firing it a few times (after re-assembling!) should clear it.

How would you reduce FPS when using a CO2 conversion kit with 12gr capsules to around 340 fps.

I suppose you could just do the same as everyone with the standard nozzle, and stick something behind the floating valve say like a gearbox bearing or something.

There is rumour that the CO2 nozzle can be supplied in a downgraded form as well! But I've not seen one advertised anywhere.

I made my nozzle fully adjustable... pretty easy conversion.

Also are there any known internal superiorities of the new WE M16 and CQBR over the M4 AFC

Er..... as long as they have the new hop unit, I don't think there is any difference. There might be some trades and receiver finish differences but to be honest I can't remember what those differences were and if they are still applicable (this was back in the early days).

Untrue. Anyone is the O-ring industry would tell you otherwise. O-rings seal better when gas is kept inside it.

Once you keep the system unpressurised the O-ring loses the original shape that it takes the space and hence it will leak.

If the O-ring decides to dry up and die, its because a) The wrong gas is being used with the O-ring (O-rings can be made out of various materials) B) wrong additives are added to the gas mixture.

This is why the mags you see from factory always leak until a) you fill it up and B) you add silicone oil (which expands the O-rings a slightly).

Wrong.

You only need the tiniest puff of gas to keep the seals intact, although with fairly regular use, you don't even need that.

No considerable amount of gas should EVER be left in mags. EVARRRRR!!

Considering I've been rocking an all-gas loadout for about 3 years now, and I've NEVER had a seal leak, I can tell you the reason why your seals leak is because you're either;

A./ Buying cheap mags, with cheap seals.

and/or

B./ Using straight Propane without proper silicone lubricant additives, as you've said.

Ben.

Not sure if this is legit or not but..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkw4Mjj62KU

At 2:11 he says it is a WE Gbb M4.

WOA is a legit company. The guy is a tinkerer.

What he doesnt say, is if it can fire in full auto.

The high flow valve probably drains the mag in a hurry.

I doubt seriously the gun could fire more than half its mag capacity at that power before running dry. And even the shots it makes would be seriously inconsistent. (fps all over the place).

Wrong.

You only need the tiniest puff of gas to keep the seals intact, although with fairly regular use, you don't even need that.

I will quote you again.

Ben.

I rest my case.

FYI I keep all my gas charged, partial or full. Only mags I have ever see leak are:

- Hudson Jerico mags (they leak no matter whats been done to it)

- uncharged marui Hicapa/DE mags (from the bottom usually)

- uncharged Maruzen M11 mags (valve)

- uncharged KSC G17 mags

- uncharged KJW M9 COw mags

- uncharged KWA M92 NBB mags

- and factory fresh/uncharged WE M4 mags.

So no they aren't cheap mags, keeping them charged keeps their seals, period.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

I obviously meant enough gas to fire at least 1 BB. I don't think I'd consider that 'charged'.

Well, I've never had any leaks, and that's Tanaka rifle mags, WA 1911 mags, KSC mags, and TM mags.

All uncharged, but used every two - four weeks.

Ben.

Not sure if this is legit or not but..

His flash hider is upside down :mellow:

But yeah, that dude is real. Same guy who made the blow back M14 AEG with real 7.62 NATO recoil and 100db sound. Too bad he doesn't like to share.

edit:

10 rounds is a big price to pay for all those Joules (and recoil)

Edited by renegadecow