WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

FYI I keep all my gas charged, partial or full. Only mags I have ever see leak are:

- Hudson Jerico mags (they leak no matter whats been done to it)

So no they aren't cheap mags, keeping them charged keeps their seals, period.

haha - Im not the only one who wasted money on the Hudson Jericho!

Lord, that one is on my short list of 'biggest POS airsoft purchases ever'.

If you think their airsoft guns are bad, try any of Hudson's PFC/cap firing model guns!

They wont fire more than 2 rounds without a complete jam. The scorpion wont even fore a single round.

In terms of "horrible engineering", Hudson gives TOP Japan a run for its money.

Edited by rottenotto

WETTI

all of my five mags are leaking already! i opened it up and all of my mags rubber seals are torn to bits, this is the big rectangular seal.

i also noticed that the corners of the rectangular magazine cover are being bent outwards by the pressure inside the mag. i only fill my mags with taiwan greengas and only fill it for 12secs.

you told me to contact AB about it but he had no seals for sale. but he also told me that he gave me a free seal replacement but didnt got any. my WE m4 is a tad better than WA in terms of price and durabilty but exploding and leaky WE mags renders my WE M4 USELESS.

i would not consider CO2 mags simply because co2 cartridges are expensive!

From the mags I have you can look at the bottom cast mold marking, they are different, so all you have to do is remove the bottom plate and look there

On the right is the thicker walled mag.

I just checked my 2 gas mags and both are as I expected the earlier design. These pictures of the newer design show a substantially upgraded magazine. I intend to use CO2 as my primary choice and my first 2 mags were for testing, although they would also be handy as back-up mags. Taking everything into account I am not confident enough to use my 2 earlier mags on exercise.

I used my 7 mags(earlier design) on a french major OP on 1-2-3 May in Amneville, and temp was around 28-30°C. After filling up with gas and amo, I let all mags stored on the top of my car for nearly an half hour and none exploded. They were only hot. Don't know if they would have been able to stay there longer, but 30minutes on top of a car in a 30° sunlight is pretty good!

I just checked my 2 gas mags and both are as I expected the earlier design. These pictures of the newer design show a substantially upgraded magazine. I intend to use CO2 as my primary choice and my first 2 mags were for testing, although they would also be handy as back-up mags. Taking everything into account I am not confident enough to use my 2 earlier mags on exercise.

As long as you don't store them fully charged in direct sunlight for ages you will be ok. Charge them when you need them for a game then stow them in your LBV.

^ holy retardedly huge photos batman!

BTW, here is the new china copy GBB M4 in action....

ebaybanned GBB M4 rifle -

Note the AWESOME "quality control" as the RIS squeaks and rotates while firing. Assembled like *chaffinch* right out of the box. China made junk.

Edited by rottenotto

A few frantic minutes later of opening my 4 mags' bottoms: only the magazine that came with the gun is of the old type (which I'm retiring anyway since its all ratty from being dragged around). I had fun though, like a morbid version of those lottery scratch cards. Get a new type and you're good to go for hot seasoned fun. Get an old one and you've only but to count the minutes staying under the sun for your impending explosive doom.

The old ones have a cast flash along the magazine bottom. The new one has two cast flashes across the magazine bottom. This is why Julietcharlies pics are set to wumbo.

VVV

edit:

I think his just broke off if you're judging by the pics. I know the one on mine did, on the old version and on one of the new ones as well.

Edited by renegadecow

moah, what a freaky §$%!§"§%

A friend of mine ordered the M4 at airsofbuddys and I ordered some spare parts along with his order.

2x Stabilizer for Valve Guide Rod

1x Parts #59

1x Parts #122

1x Steel Bolt Carrier

1x Parts #37

The package was posted on 6-Apr-2009, arrived at the customs on 8-Apr-2009 and was released by customs on "22-May-2009".

It took another week until my friend finally got it but due to his job he was able to get his hands on it last friday.

Problem:

I got a "steel bolt catch" instead of the spare steel bolt carrier..

I immediatly mailed to airsoftbuddy and ask for a solution/refund.. because the bolt carriers are out of stock,..his answer:

According to we shipped out your kindly order to you already 2 months ago. Why

you don't let us know what you received when you received your kindly order?

At now, our record also shows that we shipped the bolt carrier to you. If you

let us know you received the wrong item that you ordered immediately. Then I

may try to help to exchange. But now is already passed 2 months, I can't prove

we shipped the wrong item to you. So I can't arrange refund to you.

Sorry about it.

Thanks

William

Airsoft Buddy

What the..? 45.50$ for nothing?!

Complaint to PayPal then. I see for AB, stores like E-Hobby Asia still provide unreachable standards. (Or may be it was me who was lucky while dealing with them)

Edited by Nazio

[rant] That's why I still don't order from ASB. I tried twice, one time they didn't even ship out my order but said they would keep checking the tracking number. Next time, they completely ignored me for a whole month, I only got my money back when I filled a claim with paypal. They emailed me back 2 weeks after I got my money back from filiing the claim to tell me that my order was ready to ship out. FU*K WILLIAM. If you aren't setup to do business properly, don't! Simple as that. A friend of mine bought some parts off ASB as well. They sent him the parts in about a month. He was constantly emailing them the whole time. 1 whole month after he had already received the parts, they emailed him and told him that all the parts were sent out today and that he should be getting them shortly... ummmmm. Pretty much if William tells you he shipped out your parts, tell him to fu*k himself and to get you a tracking number or else you'll file a claim. Filing a claim does nothing either as I've found out. Honestly, just don't buy from them, I'm so sick of them. Sorry about the foul language, I just wanted to show my disguest for this company so maybe people can read this and avoid them like the plague. WE should find some new distributors in HK/CHINA/TAIWAN, there are plenty of people willing to do business properly [/rant]

Anyways, the mag that came with my gun was a greyish coloured mag and the finish was very smooth and kind of shiney. The new mag I bought from Horizon was flat black, had a somewhat gritty finish with no shine on it. I'm pretty sure the flat black one is the new version. I have no leaks from this mag, the old gray one leaked like a mofo, even after I systematically changed the valves (top and bottom), then the seals, then the o-rings, what a POS!

Too bad horizon is down, I don't know who to order parts from now!

Bry

Edited by Autotechnica