WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

recently modified my nozzle to make it shoot 320+fps.

It does that now and is perfect but I have realised that the blowback intensity is very slightly affected (weaker) and will probably be more significant when the whether gets colder over here.

anyone experience this and is there a solution?

will cutting the buffer spring do anything?

also...

What is the easiest way of taking out the fire selector?

I want to make an ambi switch by drilling and screwing in a spare AEG fire switch to the other side.

Anyone done this and how feasible to you think this is?

Edited by wolfsbane

Righty, just a quick one guys.

I've solved my bolt stop and hop issues, but now another problem has reared its ugly head.

I'm getting a real inconsistency problem.

Some shots fire nice and straight and go for a considerable distance, yet others just dribble out of the barrel and curve sharply downward after about 5m.

I can't quite determine whether its a hop issue, or a power issue.

Any ideas?

hmmmm. don't want to run it on anything less than propane...

I'll give some heavier ammo a whirl. see if that cures it. Fingers crossed.

BBStriker:

check out the WIKI

http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/

the take down guide is in there. The nozzle assembly goes in your bolt carrier, and the brass cylinder goes in the upper receiver. To get into the upper, you'll need to take the foresight and stuff off.

Edited by The Chef
I received my CO2 conversion kit today. Does anyone know if there's a guide on how to install it?

Thanks

Can't help with how you'd convert it, but here might have something useful.

I look forward to hear what you have to say about it! Especially what it's like in our wonderful warm Britain! :-D

recently modified my nozzle to make it shoot 320+fps.

It does that now and is perfect but I have realised that the blowback intensity is very slightly affected (weaker) and will probably be more significant when the whether gets colder over here.

anyone experience this and is there a solution?

How have you modified your nozzle?

Righty, just a quick one guys.

I've solved my bolt stop and hop issues, but now another problem has reared its ugly head.

I'm getting a real inconsistency problem.

Some shots fire nice and straight and go for a considerable distance, yet others just dribble out of the barrel and curve sharply downward after about 5m.

I can't quite determine whether its a hop issue, or a power issue.

Any ideas?

Chef mine just started doing this....the one thing I did also notice was if you fire it about 10 times it corrects itself with mine. Mine seems like the first 10 shots are losing pressure though the velocity is low and causes the bb to go about 15ft then fall to the ground but after about 10 or so shots the velocity kicks up and shoots amazing. Does anyone have a idea what would cause this issue?

Chef mine just started doing this....the one thing I did also notice was if you fire it about 10 times it corrects itself with mine. Mine seems like the first 10 shots are losing pressure though the velocity is low and causes the bb to go about 15ft then fall to the ground but after about 10 or so shots the velocity kicks up and shoots amazing. Does anyone have a idea what would cause this issue?

I'm guessing this is with green/propane mags.

It is likely too much liquid in the mags, if you dry fire do you notice the white pfoot of liquid come out the barrel and then it stops once it "breaks in" ?

I'll give some heavier ammo a whirl. see if that cures it. Fingers crossed.

Heavier BB's are highly recommended...heavier than you would normally associate with an AEG.

For best results, shoot 0.30g, 0.34g or 0.36g if you have the 350 FPS bolt. if you have the 500 FPS bolt, try 0.40g or 0.43g. you'll be amazed at the difference. this comes direct from WETTI and was tested ourselves when we shot the guns with the Rangers and SWAT guys last week (videos of that a couple pages back).

Well, just tried my M4 using 0.36's....

still the same problem.

I think its definitely a power inconsistency now though.

Decided to run it through the crono, and on 0.2's I get a variation of between about 450fps and just below 300fps. There's no pattern to it.

Back on the shelf she goes until I can get hold of the CO2 conversion kit.

And to cap my day off, one of the mags started leaking again... So no matter what o-rings I try, how often I soak them, or how much PTFE I stick on it, this one continues to defy me!

Probably the darned Part 117, rubber sleeve, and the steel (non CO2) nozzle.

Check if the nozzle is returning fully forward during blowback? If the Nozzle isn't fully forward, then the gas can't go into the valve of the nozzle.

The part 117 is too tight.

Its the cause of much of my grief RE: the WE platform.

Well, just tried my M4 using 0.36's....

still the same problem.

I think its definitely a power inconsistency now though.

Decided to run it through the crono, and on 0.2's I get a variation of between about 450fps and just below 300fps. There's no pattern to it.

Back on the shelf she goes until I can get hold of the CO2 conversion kit.

And to cap my day off, one of the mags started leaking again... So no matter what o-rings I try, how often I soak them, or how much PTFE I stick on it, this one continues to defy me!

Chef,

Im guessing you are using the STEEL non CO2 nozzle?

It is the root of all inconsistency problems.....it is a steaming pile of c-h-i-t.

Erratic FPS is traced back to the size of the ports. The floating valve seals off too fast or too slow.

Too slow isnt a problem,.... too fast and the fps drops to a drizzle.

Switch back to the brass nozzle with small gas ports ("windows") and all will be well.

I have had to do this in 3 WE M4's...all had your problems. All were fixed immediately with a brass nozzle.

Edited by rottenotto