WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Hmmm, maybe some tape would fix the play, though?

Other than the wobbly stock, and the flash-hider magically unscrewing itself (due to the sexy recoil :D ), I'm a very happy boy :lol:

Ben.

EDIT:: Ok, I'll give that a go tonight, when I can finally stop shooting it hehehe

Edited by L4byr1nth
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

You're sure about the AEG mount?

You can use real steel parts as well.

Actually the gas escapes through the port of the charging handle. RS ARs have the same problem. There are gasbuster charging handles out their with a proper seal.

Would be cool to have that for the WE as well or getting Horizon tactical to modify parts for us.

It's been reported on other forums that certain AEG mounts aren't suitable and require some modifications to work.

I don't know about that particular mount but I would imagine it's the same. The problem is cause by the 'nub' of the mount not allowing it to sit flush, however this can be fixed with some filing but as somegirls has said a RS part would be easier.

I have used a 'real steel' CQD rear sling mount and it fits perfectly.

In regards to the flashider, unfortunately that is a very common problem. It seems some were attached with some kind of loctite as there have been many reports of people having difficulty removing them initially.

A drop of blue loctite once you're sure you wont have to remove the flashider for any reason will do the trick. It will stay on firmly but it will still be removable with hand tools if required.

which is the blue one?

The "softest" loctite I could find (and have) is the purple 222. works good btw.

Used it to fix the screwed on end caps of all my supressors I have on my GBBs.

But according to sling mounts. Does the WA version fit? WA claimes to use a mil-spec buffer tube.

I'll get around to that. I don't really want a suppressor, after all :lol:

Here is some more, slightly better, pr0nz0rz.

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

The stock isn't a major thing, but I'll definitely be attempting some sort of shim. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ben.

No, a MacBook's iSight cam does it automatically :lol:

Not sure why?

Also, looking at that video, and then at my rifle, it's possible that they did not tighten the buffer tube enough, and that's why it's moving?

The takedown of the stock looks fairly complicated, but I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Ben.

Thank you for your follow-up guys, but it doesn't help me that much because you guys aren't in the US having to deal with US Customs/ATF seizing items. Is there anyone in the UNITED STATES that has ordered from airsoft buddy lately and received their stuff?

Yes, I am in the U.S. and I can confirm that it will pass customs. I ordered my WE M4 from airsoftbuddy, and it passed through U.S. customs in one day with Colt trades intact (they will be covered with little black pieces of tape).

Ha...that is SOOOOOOO far from the truth, my friend :waggle: We now have authorized sole distributorship in France & Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Andorra, Monaco, Belgium, Luxembourg, Spain & Russia. Three authorized dealers in UK, one in Poland, one in Czech Republic, & more are coming very soon.

I'll update our list (on our website) in the next couple days. Pls kindly check, thanks!!

Still no updates ...?

Who will be the Belgian distributor?

Please keep me updated on the status of the stock wobble on the full length!! (as I ordered one already) =)

Once I get it I'll be doing a quick spreadsheet of FPS with 500/350 bolts and propane/c02 mags in every combination for upload to the wiki, if people with the other versions could do the same we could have a pretty good guide for new guys to follow and get these guns shooting for their fields.

I've fallen in love with it - What a gorgeous gun to shoot!

It absolutely murders my RedBull cans :butcher:

If it wasn't for the darn stock wobble (and the little bit of twisty play in the handguards - but I think you just need to tighten the nut behind the delta ring for this, correct?)...

I've identified that the little piece at the start of the stock that looks like it attaches to the body (the one you guys said I could replace with a single-point sling attachment/shim? Sorry, I don't know what it's called!) seems to be turning a little with the play (which only happens when you kind of twist the stock)?

It seems like it's on some kind of thread - I assume it's not screwed in properly!

I haven't had the heart to take the stock off as yet. It's so beautiful with the ACOG and everything :(

I love the gun, and I understood before I bought it that it would need work - I already tightened the front siight & bayonet attachment point assembly.

Mayhaps, if I get the courage, I'll attempt the stock wobble problem tomorrow.

Anyone got a guide to tightening up A2 style handguards?

Cheers!

Ben.

EDIT:: I realise this isn't very clear - I'll make a video of the problems tomorrow, and you can see for yourselves.

Edited by L4byr1nth