WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

So will it always leak now? Or can I completely cure it with silicone oil?

Ben.

It won't completely cure it but really the seals won't fix itself unless you change the rubbers that are leaking. That and most O-rings need to get into shape to function so it might just be a matter of letting gas sit there and letting it get into shape.

The O-rings might be leaking because of 0.01mm of difference in manufacturing tolerances, the O-rings being too soft or hard, or there are imperfections/chips/metal fragments in your O-ring causing it to leak.

Just remember, an O-ring caused the Space shuttle Challenger to explode, even NASA can get it wrong. At least you can't blame the Chinese LOL.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

The valve on the bottom of my mag was only finger tight...

I tightened it up, and it drastically reduced the leak.

I now have to hold the fill-valve up to my ear, and sometimes you can hear a faint 'burbling' sound. I figure if I get some silicone oil, and douse both valves in it, it might go away for good?

Ben.

Especially as WE is Taiwaniese :P

Taiwanese are just nationalist from China during the second world war. We're all chinese.

I purchased 2 new mags and 1 valve set to replace my Ver 1 mags leaky valves.

Both new mags leak the first time I filled them. After emptying a couple mags in dry fire they stopped leaking. Several days after, I filled them again and there is a slow leak from the upper valve again. Seems like these things leak no matter what you do. Occasionally they won't leak.

I replaced my V1 Mag's valve, filled it up, it doesn't leak. Couple days later, it leaks BAD! If I flip it upside down the mag empties itself in seconds. I tried it again next day, slower leak like my new mags. So all very random and I'm not really happy with the mags. If I ever play a game I can expect my mags to be empty if I ever need to reload. POS!

BTW, are their leaking problems with the CO2 mags?

Edited by Autotechnica
Especially as WE is Taiwaniese :P

Sooner or later if you trace back a few generations an indigenous "Taiwanese" person is probably related to me anyways, and I am a known mix of Canton Chinese, Fujian Chinese, very small portion of Melanesian and some tiny part of me from this unknown European thing. I call myself "Chinese", but I am registered under a Maori tribe.

Another FYI, 10% of the world's individuals are decendents of Gengis Khan. He was either really stressed or really busy.

So meh :D "Taiwanese" self definition is nothing more of a group of people's attempt to distinguish oneself nationalistically/politically by drawing lines in the sand on a beach where everyone is walking all over it.

Taiwanese are just nationalist from China during the second world war. We're all chinese.

Thats hot water territory :) Taiwanese distinguish themselves as the indigenous people of Taiwan, and are a mix of Chinese, polynesian and melanesian. Though that really means nothing as there are 65 subcultural groups all with their own distinct genetic similarities in China itself.

Just so happens the Nationalists took over Taiwan and call themselves Taiwanese is a different issue. :|

---------------------------

But yeah getting back to O-rings failing and the WE M4 :P

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

I purchased 2 new mags and 1 valve set to replace my Ver 1 mags leaky valves.

Both new mags leak the first time I filled them. After emptying a couple mags in dry fire they stopped leaking. Several days after, I filled them again and there is a slow leak from the upper valve again. Seems like these things leak no matter what you do. Occasionally they won't leak.

I replaced my V1 Mag's valve, filled it up, it doesn't leak. Couple days later, it leaks BAD! If I flip it upside down the mag empties itself in seconds. I tried it again next day, slower leak like my new mags. So all very random and I'm not really happy with the mags. If I ever play a game I can expect my mags to be empty if I ever need to reload. POS!

BTW, are their leaking problems with the CO2 mags?

If you leave a spurt of gas in them they wont leak.....at least mine don't, I have 12 of them. If you don't like to leave gas in them then before you charge them spurt a little silicon oil in opening in the top of the mag. Before you spray the oil push the output valve in then spray. You also want to continuously push it in and out so you can get the oil around the o-ring. Hope that helps give it a try.

But that's irrelevant, because the above is true for mostly every people/country on the planet.

Haha So true isn't it :)

But the occassional colourful satirical comments do help add a spice to a conversation so long as people take it half heartedly.

And yeah back to the WE, cos its so good :)

I will try and get a pic of my mod to lighten the bolt, cos that has improved the cycling/recoil at 10*C by so much.

Yup a weaker recoil spring does help, but not by much.

The real issue is that the recoil is sluggish between 10-17*C, and while the recoil spring contributes to it, the fact that a large heavy mass + weaker recoil spring would result in a longer recoil cycle, which is not what we want.

I recently bought a AGM M4 and I loved the recoil on it so I went to see why the AGM M4 gave such a wicked recoil. The AGM's have a comparatively light pot metal bolt with steel inserts where the bolt catch engages with a weaker spring.

So I had a look at the lightened steel bolts for the WA, by sherrif, and I started to carve out chunks of the WE bolt where the forces are not acting upon it and the side thats not asthetically required (left hand side of the bolt).

I don't have a scale, so its just my word. But compared with my friend's WE's the cycling speed as well as recoil snappiness has improved. The WE bolt is still heavier than the AGM, but recoil strength at 10*C is higher than the AGM which is pretty good :)

Though the AGM has the edge when it comes to fuel consumption, it just keeps shooting on one charge of gas.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

LOL, Yeah Bro :)

I signed up for something without knowing what I got into, till they told me half way through it.

In saying that I know another Asian guy who also signed up for the same thing and after 6 months he had the bro'speak and everything. Really changed the fella :D

----------

As for the WE unmodified, yeah its about 2 mags at about 15*C, but on propane and rapid fire the cycling and recoil drops quickly between the 10th and 20th shot.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n

Ihad a play with some co2 the other day and it was alot better than the propane. I had also left my M4 in bits on top of the car in the sun so all the insides were nice and hot, gave such a kick to it. I was getting around 2 or 3 mags out of a co2 bulb too. And that hiss is only when your nearly out of gas but im out off bbs by then so it locks back and dosent happen.

Anyone know of an online manual for the latest version? The one on www.weairsoft.com seems to not worky....and mine did not come with one.

I'm trying to install a new trigger set.

Thanks gents.

EDIT: Nevermind! I found the info on http://wem4guide.wikidot.com/lower-receiver-takedown

Edited by ViciousV10s
That sounds very promising.

If I weren't moving to Japan I'd certainly be looking more into getting Co2 magazines. As it stands right now I cant for the life of me get it shooting under 320 FPS.

that problem will be gone once the NPAS system is released. I heard something like no later than the end of this month it will be released.