WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Lookin good Vicious! I'll be looking forward to hearing your results ^_^

The main thing I'm wondering about is if the CO2 mags will leak or not.

I had an original WE M4 that I purchased the day Airsoft Buddy released them but I sold it long ago due to the half a dozen or so problems the original ones had. But I'm thinking now that they've gone through several generations and fixed most of the problem areas I might be willing to give it a go again if it turns out the CO2 mags can take a beating and not leak and if the NPAS system soon to be released works well.

I loathe the thought of paying $1 per magazine to shoot it (since the 12g CO2 cartridges around here cost about $1 each) but if the mags hold up well and don't leak at all with CO2 capsules than I'd be willing to pay the high cost. Those leaky mags just drove me nuts!

Then of course there's the matter of whether or not the NPAS system will work well, since I'd have to tune the FPS on CO2 down quite a bit to meet local field regulations.

In any case, I'll be greatly looking forward to seeing how your CO2 magazines hold up leak wise ^_^

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

I loathe the thought of paying $1 per magazine to shoot it (since the 12g CO2 cartridges around here cost about $1 each)

If you buy them one at a time. You get better deals by the bulk especially in the US and already, just buying 15pc packs brings down the price to 60 cents each. I remember the 100+ packages go lower than 50 cents each.

Has anyone purchased the PMC buffer? Any thoughts? I made the mistake of thinking it was different than the shiney blue one and I think now I have 2 pretty paper weights. This one doesn't make as much of an annoying rattling sound, but it's quite obviously still a counter weighted buffer.

I also snapped my WE charging handle so I went with a PMC Aluminum. These are top notch. They have the pri-mounts authentic markings (are they REAL pri-mounts?) and it also has the big tactical latch which I love! It seems to stand up to abuse really well.

Bry

Aaarrrggghhhh, why oh why does the forward assist button keep bloody well flying off along with it's spring, damned annoying, anyone got any tips on keeping it on?

Job is very easy, remove one pin from the receiver which holds the rest of forward assist button. If You want You can glue it again or buy replacement. Fit button back into receiver and lock it with pin. Its common issue with glue used by WE. When my broke i've bought replacement but noticed now, that TQM dont have'em in stock.

Edited by Nazio

I can't wait to get the chrono from my brother so I can get real FPS readings and I need to go get some CO2 carts. to test my new CO2 mags.

I just test fired the new setup with the standard mag using propane, the gun shoots fantastic! I did some good ol Coke Can chrono tests with KSC 0.20g BBs.

DSC_0228.JPG

DSC_0229.JPG

DSC_0230.JPG

Easily shot thru the top center, which I know for a fact is over 470fps from my own previous chrono vs. coke can tests. Blew clean thru two can sides setup 6 inches apart as well.

I can't imagine how hot the M16A3 length would shoot with the CO2 kit and tighbore....I think I need to go buy one....

Can't wait to test my CO2 mags next! Damn I sure love this gun. Need to get bros chrono to do some real power and ROF tests too.

WE M4 FTW!!!!

Has anyone purchased the PMC buffer? Any thoughts? I made the mistake of thinking it was different than the shiney blue one and I think now I have 2 pretty paper weights. This one doesn't make as much of an annoying rattling sound, but it's quite obviously still a counter weighted buffer.

For some reason my PMC cocking handle came without the PRI trademarks....

I also snapped my WE charging handle so I went with a PMC Aluminum. These are top notch. They have the pri-mounts authentic markings (are they REAL pri-mounts?) and it also has the big tactical latch which I love! It seems to stand up to abuse really well.

Bry

I have a PMC buffer but haven't put it in yet. It weighs a whopping 30g more than the stock unit. When I get to do some ROF testing on the chrono I'll post some results. I feel like the stock unit provides plenty of "kick" and don't really want so see my ROF drop too much... I do also have a LAT 90% spring to do some testing with as well that I have not installed either. I also have the LAT buffer counter-weights to test in the stock unit as well.

I'll be sure to give my conclusions when I get around to testing.

I'd really like it if a new CNC Al bolt came out....

Edited by ViciousV10s

Hey guys!

I fixed my WE M16A3's stock wobble problem.

Literally, just unscrew the top screw in the buttplate, and slide the stock back a bit.

Then tighten the buffer tube, which was loose, by screwing it back in.

Put the stock back on, making sure not to kink the tiny spring sticking out at the bottom, on the right hand side, from the body (this is for the captive takedown pin).

Done :lol:

Apart from wobbly handguards, and a slightly leaky mag, this thing is good to go. I think when WE are mass-producing these, they just can't be bothered to properly tighten and check everything... Hence the no thead lock on my flash-hider <_<

I love it. Everyone I've shown it to loves it, and wants one.

Ben.

After much resistance I finally gave in and tried out 1stCommando's M4 at Spectre Newport for a game. I really, really want one now :(

GBBs are awesome, aren't they

I'd love it if someone came out with an HK416 upper receiver and front end, or conversion kit. Even if my M4/416 thing isn't exactly accurate to any particular rifle, and fairly unique (atm), I'd actually like to have the receiver rail match the RIS rail.

Job is very easy, remove one pin from the receiver which holds the rest of forward assist button. If You want You can glue it again or buy replacement. Fit button back into receiver and lock it with pin. Its common issue with glue used by WE. When my broke i've bought replacement but noticed now, that TQM dont have'em in stock.

Cheers mate :)

I have a PMC buffer but haven't put it in yet. It weighs a whopping 30g more than the stock unit. When I get to do some ROF testing on the chrono I'll post some results. I feel like the stock unit provides plenty of "kick" and don't really want so see my ROF drop too much... I do also have a LAT 90% spring to do some testing with as well that I have not installed either. I also have the LAT buffer counter-weights to test in the stock unit as well.

I'll be sure to give my conclusions when I get around to testing.

I'd really like it if a new CNC Al bolt came out....

Check for black tape! They cover the trades. I actually got really upset when I first got the PMC cocking handle. I was like.. What a JIP! No trades! Then I scratched at it with my nails and noticed black tape over the trades. Very good idea that they did this for customs purposes and not to get sued by PRI-MOUNTS.

I doubt the PMC counter weighted buffer is any improvement. According to the WE wiki guide, the counter-weighted buffers actually decrease recoil and also decrese ROF. I was hoping that the PMC was simply a heavier buffer. Oh well... Let us know if the recoil spring does anything.

thanks,

Edited by Autotechnica
That sounds very promising.

If I werent moving to Japan I'd certainly be looking more into getting Co2 magazines. As it stands right now I cant for the life of me get it shooting under 320 FPS.

I was just looking at the WE M16A3 on Redwolf and noticed the caption they have stating

"Please take note that this WE M16A3 GBB has been modified to a much lower fps for legal reasons, but will include the original seals if you wish to use it at its original power."

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=26843

Sounds like changing the o-ring seals on the nozzle (I would guess the nozzle) to smaller ones that bypass some of the gas pressure should do the trick for you.

And here's just another picture cuz it's just such a sexay M4!

DSC_0244.JPG

I just tested the PMC buffer....and it sucks. It actually made the "kick" "recoil" feeling much weaker...it weighs quite a deal more than the stock unit. Waste of money indeed.

DSC_0226_001.JPG

DSC_0227_001.JPG

DSC_0228_001.JPG

Hmmm.. well that sucks. I'm sure there's a reason why nobody simply made a heavier buffer instead of a counter-weighted one. Probably there wasn't enough power to push the heavier buffer back. Are the counter weights easily removable? I wonder if just using a heavier buffer would make it better.

Edited by Autotechnica
^ Playing around with heavier/counter weighted buffers is a fools game. Well documented already by all who have bought custom ones.

The WA clone has "perceived" great kick because its LIGHT, not heavy.

Their buffer is CHEAP lightweight plastic - no metal at all.

Good point. I just can't resist buying aftermarket part to try them out...

The first thing I did when I got my WE CQBR was remove the HEAVY rails, the felt recoil was vastly improved with the super-light 733 style hand guards in place.

For other people to test out of curiosity, you can push the pin out the side of your recoil buffer (one side is knurled, push out from non-knurled end) and pop open the rubber piece. Fill the void with something heavy, I put .177cal copper airgun bbs in mine, about 40~50 grams worth. Reassemble and give it a couple shots. I didn't feel the slightest bit if difference though there were some who did. But at least if it works for you, you don't have to spend much if at all for it.

Edited by renegadecow

Took my M16A3 to a skirmish today.

It's very impressive in the field.

Having a little problem with the 'Enhanced HOP'. My rifle only has a 40 metre effective range on green gas - after that, the BB's just plough into the floor.

Apart from that, smashing gun. Had people drooling all day.

Ben.