WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Little headsup on my RAS to accuracy:

I recieved it today and it fits like a charm. I heared that there might be a gap between the rail and the upper but this is not what I'd call a gap per se. anways, I really like it.

Keep in mind my barrelnut tool is broken so I wasn't even able to tight the barrel nut all the way up.

It's the reduced DD MK18 RAS II clone from ebaybanned. Paid 47€

wow, lucky you.

so which model (link?) did you actually buy.

Thanks,

Jay

Edited by accuracy
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Does anybody know if the WE M4 has a mil-spec buffer tube? (1,14" /28,96mm)

Or in other words, does the Magpul CTR mil-spec fit?

Yep, it's Mil-Spec.

And a big +++ for AB!

Placed a big Groups Order in early June, 2 weeks on waiting on WE(who sent the wrong parts#42 and the CO2 kits are OOS)

Order shipped the 19th, received on June 22th

I have a new part #42 coming from William (AB), hopefully this will solve the high FPS issues. I need to be under 400 FPS.

But I ask again, has anyone attempted to shoot the WE M4 using either a) Just Duster Gas, or b] Duster Gas + Propane Gas mixed? If so, what FPS readings did you get? I have a Duster Gas nozzle on the way, but won't be able to test this for myself until I get it.

Edited by Torque
I just received the Stag Arms body from AirsoftBuddy along with 4 new hopup rubbers, Anti rotational pin and bolt stop. I ordered them on Saturday night and received them today. He shipped them on Monday and I live in California.....two days and they arrived at my house amazing!! Also the Stag Arms body is much nicer than the Colt or standard body in my opinion. Much nicer finish and much more stable. The hop rubbers are much better than the ones that were going around a few months ago....maybe our voices were heard on the hop rubber issue. The thing that has me so happy was the customer service that William has shown. He answered every email within an hour and as soon as payment was received he shipped the items. From now on I'm going to do my business with AB............A+. For some odd reason I could not get my forward assist out of my old body. The pin was just stuck in the upper. Does anyone know of a trick to get it out???

I will post pics later

Hmmmm....strange you said that....the Stag bodies are made from the same raw stock as the standard stock or Colt bodies :rolleyes:

Yes I do have the old V1, but my buddy has the Colt traded one and the Stag Arms body that I have...... looks and feels better than the other two......But ok maybe It looks better than JUST the two I have compared it to not every one made....LOL

OT: Michael Jackson died today at 12:30......WTF!!

Edited by HSOJGNILRAD
No, they just have the M4 Colt markings.

What do you mean 'just m4 bodies with m16 barrel and full stock?'? You realise you've just pretty much exactly described an M16A3, don't you?

Ben.

yea, what I meant was if the WE m16's are just WE m4 bodies( m4 trades) with longer barrel and full stock.

Which brings up an interesting point... how exactly does one go about disabling full auto on a WE M4? Do the sears need to be modified or is there some aftermarket sear you can buy that disables full auto and makes the selector unable to move past the semi/fire position?

Edit: Just read the WE M4 wiki and found out you can convert to semi only by filing down the nub on the selector, but I'm guessing the selector would still be able to move into the auto position (it just wouldn't fire) if you did this. If that is the case that the selector could still move into the auto position after filing off the nub (which I don't know since I no longer have a WE M4) is there any reasonably easy method for making the selector unable to move past the semi position that wouldn't require external modification of the lower receiver?

BTW, beautiful AR-15 you have there RAD! It looks fantastic ^_^

Edited by Jin15
Which brings up an interesting point... how exactly does one go about disabling full auto on a WE M4? Do the sears need to be modified or is there some aftermarket sear you can buy that disables full auto and makes the selector unable to move past the semi/fire position?

Edit: Just read the WE M4 wiki and found out you can convert to semi only by filing down the nub on the selector, but I'm guessing the selector would still be able to move into the auto position (it just wouldn't fire) if you did this. If that is the case that the selector could still move into the auto position after filing off the nub (which I don't know since I no longer have a WE M4) is there any reasonably easy method for making the selector unable to move past the semi position that wouldn't require external modification of the lower receiver?

BTW, beautiful AR-15 you have there RAD! It looks fantastic ^_^

Jin thanks for the complement. If it wasn't for your review on the WE M4 back in November I would have never bought one. Your honest non biased review helped me decide to go ahead and buy one.....thanks. Since I own two WE M4's and soon to be SCAR I really enjoy them since I installed the 6.02TB and the CO2 kit in both of them. They both had the same issues before I installed the parts and the same problems went away after installing them. These guns are amazing and my hats off to WETTI and everyone in this thread for contributing to the growth of this platform. I bought my first one back in December and have stuck with it and it has payed off

CO2 kit and problems gone ?

If something sounds to good to be truth, it probably is. I have v.1 rifle after all "crucial" upgrades and problems somehow didnt disappeard. Here is the point to reconsider my opinion about AB. All the stuff arrived yesterday- so sorry if i was to quick in my opinions. To be honest - in the past i've used TS One "350" (in fact 330 - 480 - dependable on gas type ) fps nozzle with propane and rifle behaved much better. Bolt cach is not working on CO2 mags, only on propane mags. Chronoed and honestly big surprice - 350 - 150 -380 - 150 - and so on. On semi rifle shots 2 - 3 rounds like on auto. O - ring from nozzle misalliged, moved from its original position and harmed (by what ?). And so on and so on.

More tomorrow, as i am dead tired after milsim

Edited by Nazio