WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

*sigh*

I'm still waiting for A1 upper, so that I could finally complete my XM177E1 conversion. It's gorgeous even now (I've used stripped parts from WGC Custom XM177E1), but the detachable handle just sticks out a bit too clearly. Fracking hey, even a complete Wetti M16A1 CO2 would be wonderful... It's return to 'Nam next sunday. :)

Edited by Lupus78
is evike going to be selling the m16? or are they and im just missing it?

and are there any other dealers of the m16 in the USA

I spoke to a guy that works at Evike and he said that the AWSS M4 and M16 they will not carry at this time because of customs.......Don't know if it is true it could be speculation but that is what he told me....hopefully our man WETTI will tells us first hand what Evike will and will not carry. :D
BTW, why is it. That airsoftbuddy sells 4 different 7" aftermarketbarrels from 2 different manufacturers but not one single 10" barrel?

And furthermore, where are the matching 7" inner barrels? No point in having a short outer barrel if your inner barrel is sticking way out past it. I suppose you could always cut down and try to re-crown the original inner barrel, but that's a dicey procedure at best.

After a nice long break in Scotland and a couple of days catching up with pages and pages of posts I have some new questions. My CO2 conversion kit arrived today (a big thank you must go to my supplier) along with a couple of CO2 mags. Having finished the upgrade I have fired six full mags with a few post upgrade teething troubles. Rifle is jumping between semi and full when only semi is selected now, I suspect this might be the force of the recoil. The front o-ring on the shiny new CO2 nozzle is getting punished and squashed out somehow, I suspect a few more mags would shred it. I assume this is the ring used for the click lock and that I might need a little sanding on the brass side. If you have any experience with this please let me know your findings.

Sorry no chrono or accuracy results yet but the kick is phenomenal when compared to my previous gas configuration! :rifle:

Edited by Marky [UE]

I fielded my gen 1 WE on Sunday with a C02 nozzle, 6.025 chrome barrel and four brand new C02 mags courtesy of Evike. When I went for my first mag change, I noticed the floorplate had fallen off somehow, so I removed the remaining ones for the rest of the game. I have since bent them slightly to lock more positively to the mag, but of course it makes them tougher to remove in the field. I was pleasantly surprised by the range and accuracy,

If you want to stash C02 powerlets in a shotshell holder so you can reload in the field, I strongly suggest finding a better tool for tightening/removing the giant "plug". The floorplate is plenty strong enough for the job, but too small to get a good grip and it cuts into your fingers.

Overall it was a positive experience, and although there were some drawbacks (had a few jams, two of the mags required dremeling for the C02 cartridge to release, lockback only worked about half the time) I will skirmish with it again. A few more mags would make the difference--some 3rd party C02 50-rounders would be awesome.

A few questions, and please pardon my ignorance as this is not only my first gas rifle but my first M4:

I bought this gun (used) in CQB length. Is there a barrel extension that will work to make it carbine length, or do I need a whole new WE specific outer barrel?

Has anyone tried the WE with Bioval BBBMax .27s? I had a few chopped BB type jams with normal .28s (probably due to operator error), and I wonder if the much harder Bioval BB will cause damage to the nozzle if it jams.

Most of my jams were after a reload, and probably due to loading a mag with the bolt in the forward position. Loaded mags won't quite seat properly on a closed bolt, even with a couple of BBs removed so the feed spring has some give. When I rack the charging handle with an empty magwell the bolt does not catch unless I press the bottom of the bolt release. Is this normal?

The C02 floorplate looks exactly like the gas one, except made of steel instead of aluminum. Anyone know if it could be replaced with a Ranger floorplate, and should I try the real ones or airsoft? I've seen one on a gas mag before; not sure what's involved but it would have to be easily removable in the field for C02.