WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Ok, just so everyone knows I tried Duster Gas (the stuff you can find at Office Depot) over the weekend for testing, to see if it can reliably run instead of green gas/propane for a lower FPS.

Result = worthless. Duster gas won't even cycle the bolt and feed bbs into the chamber, the pressure is just too low. I also tried a combo of green gas + duster gas, with pretty much the same results. Just won't work. You must use GG/propane or CO2 to get sufficient pressure to cycle the bolt.

I'm waiting on a TS-Customs adjustable guide rod, as soon as I receive it and do some testing I'll let everyone know how it went.

btw, if anyone is curious here is my original review of the WE M4 GBB from a while back:

http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23308

Edited by Torque
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Also on the WE gbb system could you load a magazine with 30 bb's, insert the magazine, pull the charging handle, remove the magazine and then insert one more bb in the mag to have 31 bb's total? Would that work? Or does the system just require the hammer to be down and then it manually feeds every bb from the magazine into the chamber when being fired? Thank you.

If you fill the mag with BB's there is no give left in the spring, it is compressed 100%, when you insert the magasin the nuzzel is forward and and the BB's need to be pushed down for the mag release to engage, with the mag loaded 100% with BB's you have to use force to seat the magasin and run the risk of damaging BB's, I down load my mags so I can make tactical reloads and don't have to worry about damaging BB's or magasins dropping out of the gun.

In efforts to decrease the FPS and at the same time have it consistent

Me and a buddy both ordered Co2 convertion kit and part #42 (300fps)

FPS decreased dramatically to an average of 290fps ;___; Anybody know here what could be the problem?

Our target FPS is about 420 ideally, lol but not less than 300

Edited by inque
In efforts to decrease the FPS and at the same time have it consistent

Me and a buddy both ordered Co2 convertion kit and part #42 (300fps)

FPS decreased dramatically to an average of 290fps ;___; Anybody know here what could be the problem?

Our target FPS is about 420 ideally, lol but not less than 300

So you installed a 300fps valve but was surprised you got about 300 not 420?

So you installed a 300fps valve but was surprised you got about 300 not 420?

For colder climates yes the 300fps part #42 would make sense couple this along with the longer part #39 then you would get 300fps. In fact some people have tried using the 300fps #42 and still get around 380fps. But for inque's rifle, average outside temp is somewhere 30C.

Now the question is, did anyone try using the shorter part #39 with the 300fps #42 inside the CO2 chamber?

Seems like having this rifle hit the field of 380-400fps turns out to be a daunting task. Installing the 300fps Part #42 and getting 300fps was actually a surprise since it was the first time i saw it worked the way it should. Other people seemed to have trouble getting it down to 1 joule

Hopefully going skirmishing tomorrow, weather permitting.

I want to get this WE M16A3's HOP sorted.

I'll run a few mags through in the morning, just to see if everything's going ok.

If not, I might have to takedown the HOP unit. Any guides?

Ben.

Hi all,

anyone here who knows a place where one can buy the CO2-kit and the CO2 magazines in Europe ???

Soon??? In the near future???

Getting a bit tired over here.

Bought another brand GBB rifle to keep me busy while waiting for WE M4 parts and the (promised) places to buy from.

Attention WE, Belgium over here, attention WE, Belgium calling... <_<

And you're posting in the thread because? <_<

The ARES DSR-1 is a sub-standard performing sniper. Plus.... STAR = tat.

I'm really pleased with my WE M16A3 so far.

To everyone else - thanks for your advice - I might be attempting it next week!

Ben.