WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

My Rifle, arrived at the war store Mid last week, Picked up mine last weekend, played with it sunday.

Love it, absolutely love it, had ammo issues with only 3 mags that were entirely because that after I started shooting I got a little carried away.

I can ditto the reported overhop however I did field it with only about 150 rounds through the gun and the hopup is known to overhop until the 1k+ mark so I'm not overly worried.

Did lose the forward assist knob in record time, luckily it was in the loading zone and fell right into its original box (I blame all the gun molestors) but take note when people claim you need to glue that part in, I will agree with them, add it to the to-do list when you first recieve it. (along with fill the mags and let them leak until the seals swell up)

Quick question: how stiff is everyone's hop adjustment, mine seems overly so (to the point where I thought I was going to lose a fingernail trying to adjust it).

Smoke silencers are awesome with these things, I cant wait to run with a 8-12 man fire team all with gbb's and smoke silencers.

Not the most effective weapon out there but makes up for it in balls out fun 10 times over.

Edited by TDS

The scare factor on the opposition makes up for the lack of consistency :lol:

'Only' 3 mags?! I've skirmished mine twice with just 1.... But I am using it as a DMR, I guess.

Ben.

EDIT:: Forgot to mention - having the only rifle on the field with a working forward assist is fun. Now, when anything's wrong, all I hear is 'USE THE FORWARD ASSIST!!!' :rofl:

Edited by L4byr1nth

I used mine again at the weekend with .25g pellets and was getting about 320fps and reasonable range, although it was overhopped at the end of the BB's flight. I will try it with 0.30g pellets next month and the new barrel i haven't got round to fitting yet!

Upto 9 mags and seriously thinking of getting rid of a couple more AEG's and going gas! Will also be fitting one of the airsoft123 valve assemblies when it arrives with a CO2 nozzle see what that does. All in all for me one of the most exciting "skirmishable" weapons in airsoft for years!

Hey guys I have a quick question. What would usually go out first the disconnector( part #54) or the hammer? The reason I ask is because about a week ago my gun lost semi. It only fires in full auto, no matter where the selector switch is semi or full auto. If anyone has had this issue and fixed it let me know. I've purchased every upgrade and now I'm low on funds and don't want to buy useless stuff. I know TSC makes the reinforced part 54 and the hammer but I don't want to buy both unless I have to. Thanks in advance.

Damn - was afraid I'd need to go through taking the outer barrel off - was hoping it would come out the other way, like an AEG!! Armourers wrench to order next then!!

Job is not dificult. Take down the rifle, pull out chargnig handle and bolt carrier from upper receiver. Remove front handguards, knock out one pin from front sight (one way only) which holds handguard cap, then remove handguard itself. Next You have to unscrew barrel nut. After this You can remove whole outer barrel with front sight, and after this You are able to pull out whole unit with inner barrel, hop up chamber and valve housing. Shouldnt take longer than 15 minutes to disassemble whole upper.

For over hop, it was mentioned some time ago. You will have to buy spare hop up rubbers and replace the one which is installed.

Here is WE M4 tool for removal of outer barrel. http://www.tacticalquartermaster.co.uk/cat...products_id=553 - 9.99 (bargain like in Tesco, may be one day someone will sell rifles buy one get one free :D )

@TDS - i use small screw driver to adjust hop up

Edited by Nazio
Job is not dificult.

Here is WE M4 tool for removal of outer barrel. http://www.tacticalquartermaster.co.uk/cat...products_id=553

I knew it wasn't difficult - just annoying that I have to wait a little longer until I get the wrench :) thanks for the linky - will be ordering one today

Edited by TrooperX
has anyone recived the Uni-Directional Guide Rod with Locking Power Adjustment Knob yet?
yep ,i have just got it today,unlike ebaybanned it took two days to get to me!...thanks airsoft123 :D i will post results in a couple of days

I have just received my upgrade trigger parts from Airsoft123, very fast and efficient service thanks. I could do with some links for the best information on takedown and assembly of the trigger unit. Thanks for any help people can give.

how long did it take to arrive from he day u ordered it? thanks!

WOW! I tried to order from AB for 16bags of bbs and the shipping cost turned up to be 3 times the price of the bbs!!!

Ask them to send it Hong Kong Post Registered Airmail. I got $20 off my postage today.

Unfortuantely they use EMS Speedpost or should I say 'EMS SLOWpost at hugely inflated price' rubbish/useless service.'

I have asked them to provide an option for EMS Speedpost or Hong Kong Registered Airmail. If enough of us ask we may get it as a feature option in the Checkout page.

Edited by bbstriker

Hi guys

I just ordered a WE m4. I would like to run my m4 on co2 setup. I ordered it from uncompany, so I guess theres no co2 kit installed. I would like to buy the Uni-Directional Guide Rod with Locking Power Adjustment Knob from airsoft123.com. Do I still have to buy the co2 kit for running it with co2 mags?

Cheers

Daniel

I just saw the German distributor has some new WE M4 GBBs in stock. But at those prices... "Rather expensive" IMHO. Could be the RIS on some models is very good. I hope there will be some reviews soon.

Does 'AWSS version' mean it's the "WETTI" version?

P.S. Does the SCAR have markings? I've seen pictures of it with 'FN HERSTAL BELGIUM' on it (and being from Belgium I like that, something to be proud of :-) ) but it seems the SCARs being sold have no markings?

I just saw the German distributor has some new WE M4 GBBs in stock. But at those prices... "Rather expensive" IMHO. Could be the RIS on some models is very good. I hope there will be some reviews soon.

Does 'AWSS version' mean it's the "WETTI" version?

P.S. Does the SCAR have markings? I've seen pictures of it with 'FN HERSTAL BELGIUM' on it (and being from Belgium I like that, something to be proud of :-) ) but it seems the SCARs being sold have no markings?

I know most the retailers in the States only sale the none trade versions.......at least that's what I was told.