WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

Can anyone explain how the fire selector controls the switch from semi to full auto? I am trying to come up with causes for the inconsistent semi/auto issues I am experiencing. Thoughts so far include:

1) Gas pressure

2) Recoil spring

3) Trigger unit... !? fire selector

I am struggling on this one and so far have had no responses and no success on Google. Thanks, Mark

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Can anyone explain how the fire selector controls the switch from semi to full auto? I am trying to come up with causes for the inconsistent semi/auto issues I am experiencing. Thoughts so far include:

1) Gas pressure

2) Recoil spring

3) Trigger unit... !? fire selector

I am struggling on this one and so far have had no responses and no success on Google. Thanks, Mark

I have a V1 and after I installed the CO2 kit after about 200rds my semi went completely out. I'm in the same boat you are in. If someone could show me a picture of the piece that has gone out to caused this can you post a pic? Thanks
just out of curiosity why hasnt putting the gas resovoir in the stock caught on?

it would have a much larger capacity and probably lessen the cooldown effect.

It would be good if the stock was a crane stock and like an AEG Crane stock, Two large CO2 screwed it just like the battery fits in one. This would give great fire power and very little cool down. There would be a number of issue to overcome to make such a system to work, First it how to the feed the gas, down the stock tube with recoil buffer, but it could be done, by reducing the size of the buffer or making the stock tube a little bit bigger.

Then the stock, well it is likely that it would have to be fixed not adjustable, as this would effect the Gas tubes etc, But it could be done. A well made GGB with the gas in the crane stock and able to use standard AEG mags and hop up systems !!! How good would that be

Edited by jonny2400
I have a V1 and after I installed the CO2 kit after about 200rds my semi went completely out. I'm in the same boat you are in. If someone could show me a picture of the piece that has gone out to caused this can you post a pic? Thanks

Take out your trigger unit and look at your selector, there's a notch on your selector that lets you have full auto, the sear that interfaces that notch is probably the problem.

The RS ones might fit on. However it might be a pain in the buttox to fill the mag. If you drill a hole in it (level with the filling valve) I'm pretty sure you won't reach the valve with the nozzle of your gas bottle.

Would be the same as with a KSC glock i.e.

Exactly.

This is the way I hold my M4.

First of all it feels very comfortable and second of all I can work the MBUS just by lifting my thumb like half an inch or so.

Also, the top of the curved rail panels gives you some kind of a thumb rest.

But the bottom lines is, whatever works best for you.

@ Somgirlz: try this grip-4 fingers on the vertical grip and have your thumb on the side of the rail.

I wonder why anyone hasn't made different types of #42 part. That would seem the easiest and most elegant way to adjust power reliably. I have the brass #42 that has only the small holes and that reduces power a bit more than I'd like. And then there's the original one that has only the thin bars holding it together. There really should be versions that were somewhere in the middle of these two parts.

Take out your trigger unit and look at your selector, there's a notch on your selector that lets you have full auto, the sear that interfaces that notch is probably the problem.

My semi/auto issues also started after converting my V2 to CO2. I recently rebuilt the trigger unit with the upgraded TSC parts for the sear, hammer and trigger. When rebuilding I was unsure as to the correct position and alignment of the hammer spring so this might not be 100% but it does seem to work correctly, hopefully the wiki will be updated in this area over the weekend. The trigger unit is rock solid and the fire selector seems to work well and holds a solid position for safe, semi and auto. This is why I am now struggling, as previously mentioned I need a decent explanation or drawings to show how the selector works i.e. solid vertical for semi and slight angle (towards the stock) for full auto. My best guess is that the CO2 pressure is either too strong or inconsistent to the point where it doesn't allow the semi to cycle correctly by either falling short of a cycle or missing the point at which a single shot cycle is complete. Or that the part designed to stop the cycle after a shot is simply too weak to deal with the pressure. Since fitting CO2 the kick is substantially stronger. I will chrono the shots to get an idea of consistency when I get a chance.

Edited by Marky [UE]

Anyone know which way round the hopup ramp (part#115) goes on? Or if you don't know that can you tell me... with the hop wheel adjusted fully clockwise towards the back of the rifle (up - if adjusting it through the ejection port) is that hop full on or full off?

I stupidly wasn't paying attention when I stripped it down!

Edited by TrooperX
The quantity of the production run greatly influences price on CNCd products. That $500 receiver from before (can't remember now what exactly) was made in limited quantity hence the price. This new receiver, although similar if not the same in manufacturing processes and quality, will be cheaper by a factor of Airsoft 123s definition of "larger quantities".

WRONG!! These we offer are EXACTLY the same ones offered not long ago in limited qty. Due to large demands, we've negotiate with TSC to manufacture them again in larger qty. These are all 100% CNC with USA-grade T7075 aluminum alloy (same or better than its RS counterpart). One again: NOTHING is different than the Larue receivers set TSC offer previously.

Airsoft123.com

guys, we have them, but not many left...you just can't order them through the website. just send us an email or call us to get one.

OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION TO ALL:

(1) The WarStore of NY is NOT a WETTI affiliate & the WE M4 display by them in this forum (& others) are NOT our guns. WETTI did not sell, nor import these guns into the United States. Purchase these guns at your own risk.

(2) We've officially ask the WarStore adminstration to remove our banner from their store. Failure to do so will result in rather serious consequences. (Pls read my email to you, Todd)

WETTI

dscn0701resize.jpg

Edited by WETTI
Owned!

Guns with trades rock boats, welcome to airsoft.

//edit, though I may be confused as to the convoluted relationship between WE/Wetti/distributors/affiliate/whatever.

Edited by TDS
What?? WE had them isted as an official retailer? And the WarStore so proudly brandished their Olympic Arms WE! Or what we thought was a WE

It is, I have one, and have compared with someone that got his from somewhere else, same exact gun, this is some legal backtracking on guns with trademarks or trying to get a hold on lines of supply when shipping factory direct became virtually impossible unless you were buying $10,000+ in rifles and/or wait a hell of a long time for a container to arrive in the states.

I dont know, just this weird distribution model that they are trying to do as well as with the multiple names is just confusing to me, guns are still awesome, just seems like there's alot of smoke and mirrors going on and they aren't being up front as to why because it might effect sales(?) I dont understand why airsoft /companies/ no matter what they do have to have a variety of brand names for the same exact product and shed them every few years (maybe they see an increase in sales when people think they are a new product or something?) Expecially when they take "names" that are extremely similiar to try and confuse people. =/

Hate to see things get impacted because of stupidness like that cybergun thing a few years back.

Edited by TDS
Guns with trades rock boats, .....welcome to airsoft.

Though I may be confused as to the convoluted relationship between WE/Wetti/distributors/affiliate/whatever.

Again, "welcome to Airsoft"

(or this forum)

Its all hogwash man. Same farking guns. Buy from whoever has one for sale.

WRONG!! These we offer are EXACTLY the same ones offered not long ago in limited qty. Due to large demands, we've negotiate with TSC to manufacture them again in larger qty. These are all 100% CNC with USA-grade T7075 aluminum alloy (same or better than its RS counterpart). One again: NOTHING is different than the Larue receivers set TSC offer previously.

Airsoft123.com

Like I said, I couldn't remember the model of those $500 receivers from before. But now that you say its the exact same thing, I take it the guys who did buy them for $500 back them would be steaming by now?

Again, "welcome to Airsoft"

(or this forum)

Its all hogwash man. Same farking guns. Buy from whoever has one for sale.

All this ###### coming from WETTI is causing nothing but confusion and frustration. You've made a rod for your back with all this version rubbish and affiliate ######.

What difference does it make exactly?

I would echo Otto's thoughts, if they got it and you want it, then buy it! Don't worry about anything else.

All this ###### coming from WETTI is causing nothing but confusion and frustration. You've made a rod for your back with all this version rubbish and affiliate ######.

What difference does it make exactly?

I would echo Otto's thoughts, if they got it and you want it, then buy it! Don't worry about anything else.

Chris:

1. All this ###### came from some retailers trying to latch on & advertised falsely (or trying to lead ppl to believe that) about the origin of the guns.

2. The 'version' thing was NOT my creation, I hope you can remember that. In fact, I've cleared that up already long ago.

3. There is, in fact, a difference between our M4s & the other WE M4s that were/are available to some of the distributors/retailers. Ours is an exclusive version to us (WETTI & AFC); the rest are simply painted guns.

4. There is another concern that we have with regard to our M4s in the U.S.; look around you, do you see a lot of people having them for sales in the U.S.? I simply do not want to associate with guns that we did not sell there.

You be me, someone never order a single items from me, but put up OUR banner & display some questionable guns un front of it, trying to make believe the affiliation in the minds of the public. What would you do, my friend? Have I ever, on this forum, finger another supplier of who sells WE guns other than ours? The choice is theirs, fair enough, but just don't use us.

I simply don't care & can't control where some of the U.S. retailers get their gun from, but to advertise such items falsely under our company's image, that is something I simply cannot accept.

WETTI

Edited by WETTI