WE Gas Blow Back M4A1 Carbine

The fact remains that I, WETTI, is here for your service & if I can find just one way to make our products more appealing to you all or provide the assistance to a customer in need of info./help, then I've done my job well. So, bring it on, people!! I may not be capable of staisfying EVERYONE here, but I will continue to support this excellent forum & act as a bridge between you & WE, the manufacturer. God help me.

WETTI

So will you help remedy all the problems I experienced after I parted with my hard earned cash?

Poorly 'anodized' upper and lower receiver (green in certain areas), marked, scratched and damaged upper and lower receiver, missing front sling swivel and pin, scratched and paint worn front sight pins, missing forward assist button, missing forward assist spring, marked and scratched outer barrel, non-fitting CQB inner barrel and broken valve assembly?

Yes, I did contact the retailer I purchased the rifle from (several times) but nothing was ever done.

Why, after paying the initial cost of the rifle should I have to part with more cash to fix these problems?

No doubt they'll be those who will say 'what did you expect, it's airsoft" blah, blah.

But that kind of attitude and apathy allows manufacturers to carry on producing sub-standard products which in the end people will keep buying.....not that anyone cares as this is only the grumblings of an old man!

Edited by chris u'5
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres my latest custom job, a WE GBBR version of a Colt Slab Sides Carbine. If anyone knows a pla ce that could machine me a proper outer barrel, I would like to get in contact with them and have a pr

Heres my custom WE M733. I have a modified RS Bushmaster upper receiver as well as RS buffer tube, castle nut, stock, stock plate, pistol grip, front grips, front sight, and some various other small b

Hehehe, Im with you Hwagan. I dumped my LM4 like a bad habit a few months ago and switched back to the WE platform. Used the extra money to get myself a trademarked M16, slapped a RS A2 upper receiver

Posted Images

Two part epoxy adhesive - specifically Araldite Rapid Steel (5th one down)....

http://www.huntsman.com/advanced_materials...cfm?pageID=5902

Seems to have done the trick

Awesome, did you smush it into the hole in the forward assist and then hold it for a while or what?

My concern is getting glue on the spring, or even worse, along the sides of the forward assist and gluing it "in" but that might not be an issue with the thicker glue, Ive a temp fix in place with a small amount of contact cement.

//EDIT, I wouldn't care if the thing wouldn't drag across the bolt and risk sploding the gun without that spring.

Edited by TDS
3. There is, in fact, a difference between our M4s & the other WE M4s that were/are available to some of the distributors/retailers. Ours is an exclusive version to us (WETTI & AFC); the rest are simply painted guns.

So what do You say about v.1 rifles bought from listed dealer ?

Awesome, did you smush it into the hole in the forward assist and then hold it for a while or what?

My concern is getting glue on the spring, or even worse, along the sides of the forward assist and gluing it "in" but that might not be an issue with the thicker glue, Ive a temp fix in place with a small amount of contact cement.

//EDIT, I wouldn't care if the thing wouldn't drag across the bolt and risk sploding the gun without that spring.

You can always remove the forward assist from the upper receiver and then glue the button on.

BTW, A bunch of the takedown guides on the wiki site now have photos. I shot some video this weekend but still need to edit it. I'm currently working on the trigger pack takedown guide. I'll hopefully have that done by tonight/late tomorrow...

I'm going to post a to-do list on the wiki, I'll let you all know when it's up. Hopefully we can all chip in and add some more upgrade reviews, pictures, etc.

So what do You say about v.1 rifles bought from listed dealer ?

This is what I'll say: Even from the very beginning when the WE M4 was introduced, whichever 'version' gun you purchased from our listed dealers should be the WETTI/AFC-exclusive version at the time. You only need to distinguish your gun's anodized receivers from the 'painted' ones on 'non-WETTI/AFC-version' guns. However, having said that, there is a period of time in the beginning when some of the retailers had acquired 'non-WETTI/AFC-version' guns from other sources prior to reaching an agreement with us; thus the case for these retailers selling off the remaining stock of the 'non-WETTI/AFC-version' guns before switching their orders over to us.

WETTI

EDIT, I wouldn't care if the thing wouldn't drag across the bolt and risk sploding the gun without that spring.

I took the whole forward assist assembly out - knock out the pin from below and take out the FA (just remember how its positioned when it goes back in). Then I mixed up some of the adhesive and put it on the end face of the bit that fits into the button and a little around the edge but just at the top couple of mm or so. I didn't want to put it too far down the edge as I was afraid it would all ooze out and foul the spring. Then just push the button on - mine was a fairly tight push fit anyway so I'm sure there was good contact with the adhesive.

Mine is now absolutely solid.

Edited by TrooperX
I have NOT help anyone here...isn't that the truth?

IMHO This is simply not true!

Obviously everyone is entitled to and has their own expectations as to the level of interaction and information they expect when a commercial user enters a discussion thread. That being said I think we can all forget that this work is generally done outside working hours and although it may be primarily promotion based, it is also done to help the community/customers and to become involved. These particular users are more than likely enthusiastic about their business and/or product and enjoy the additional interaction. There is however a risk, particularly with the internet, of this work attracting a lot of negativity. The internet is not filled with 200+ page threads filled with "My widget mark 2 is perfect", these users just stay at home for the most part. To put my thoughts into perspective one company I work for recently promoted a free prize draw at a large convention. We spent a couple of meetings prior discussing how to make the draw as professional as possible, and then an evening deliberating the types of prizes to give away based upon what our customers tend to buy. We have many loyal customers but the community in general still found time to complain about the value of the prizes, when and how we held the prize draw, the fact they didn't win?! or couldn't choose another prize instead etc. We were devastated, most of these people didn't even buy anything that day. We worked very hard to put it all together and then spent a lot of money to host it. It was not promotion as such but rather giving something special back to our customers for the convention. That event we lost a substantial amount of money and felt pretty unappreciated I can tell you. Anyway I digress, just my thoughts...

if there is so much help here why cant i find out why my c02 bolt carrier doesnt work but my green gas one does

You should attempt to explain your issue in the best way you can before anyone can make suggestions and help you find a fix. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum but you haven't provided enough information to work with.

So will you help remedy all the problems I experienced after I parted with my hard earned cash?.....not that anyone cares as this is only the grumblings of an old man!

Chris, that's some serious frustration and finger pointing flowing from your keyboard. Are you ok? What's stressing you out? Bad weekend? No beer left? Genuine full blown WETTI frustration? ;)

This is what I'll say: Even from the very beginning when the WE M4 was introduced, whichever 'version' gun you purchased from our listed dealers should be the WETTI/AFC-exclusive version at the time. You only need to distinguish your gun's anodized receivers from the 'painted' ones on 'non-WETTI/AFC-version' guns. However, having said that, there is a period of time in the beginning when some of the retailers had acquired 'non-WETTI/AFC-version' guns from other sources prior to reaching an agreement with us; thus the case for these retailers selling off the remaining stock of the 'non-WETTI/AFC-version' guns before switching their orders over to us.

WETTI

I don't care where I bought the gun from, as far as I'm concerned if it comes in a brown box with WE on it and a poor exploded diagram sheet inside then it's a WE and I expect answers to my questions and replacement parts for free while under guarentee.

I also would like an actual manual that I can read, the pdf file on your website won't open in Adobe Reader 9.

I'm begining to agree with you Chris, paid hard cash and getting no support, in other words 'we've got your money, now p'iss off', poor after sales service = no future sales = you'll be looking for a new job soon wetti!

I'm also hearing some rather disturbing news from retailers in the UK about the number of guns WETTI are trying to push on them as 'minimum orders'.

And as for the US Army Rangers picking this up as a training weapon.....hmmm.

Well, I pre-ordered my gun from sniperairguns in germany which is an official WE/WETTI retailer.

However, I recieved the first painted version which didn't even have the steel boltcatch. The anoized version has been on the market for quite a while that time.

In all emails they said "We expect it to be the "2nd" version from WETTI" what frankly wasn't the case.

Just for the "WETTI exclusive" thing.

But airsoftbuddy didn'T act much differently. I remember when they ranted "We are worldwide exclusive WE M4 parts retailer. We will replace spare parts for free during the guarantee time frame"

Few weeks later they added "We will replace spare parts for free during the guarantee time frame ONLY if you bought your gun from us"

It's all more or less just ranting and marketing.

Don't wanna attack someone here. All I wanna say is that this is no fairly tale word and the companies first goal is to get your money like any other company in the world does.

Edited by somegirls

Guess it's just the color of the recievers.

But again, I bought mine from THE official dealer in the EU (at least that's what they claimed) for WETTI so I consider mine a WETTI as well and it has the black body.

call it what you want but to me it's just hot wash.

At that point I'm kinda glad since I'm planning on getting the VLTOR upper reciever from Airsoft123/TSC.

Edited by somegirls

WETTI:

How does the regulator / expansion chamber work on the CO2-magazines? Will liquid CO2 enter the system if fired up side down or from, for example, when gun is tilted 90 degrees firing from a prone position though an obstacle?

and a more general question, is the barrel still threaded 14mm CW on the newest generation?

The anoized is something like flat blue-grey and the painted version is just black.

But I'm kinda confused now too.

Are WE and WETTI selling guns seperately?

I used to believe that WETTI is something like the M4-Department of WE. So therefore there shouldn't be any other "black version 1" rifle available anymore.

No idea, and actually I don't really care.

I don't care where I bought the gun from, as far as I'm concerned if it comes in a brown box with WE on it and a poor exploded diagram sheet inside then it's a WE and I expect answers to my questions and replacement parts for free while under guarentee.

So hang on a minute - if you go and buy, lets say, a Bosch washing machine from Argos or a Black & Decker drill from B&Q and they go wrong, do you phone up Bosch and B&D to exchange it or get a refund?? I don't think so - you take it back to the shop you bought it from who will deal with it.

So what's so different here? If you have a problem take it back to the shop you bought it from. Its their responsibilty to deal with you and they can then deal with the supplier.

I think WETTI is just doing us a favour (and promoting his business at the same time - well duh!!) by talking directly to the end customer and seems to be getting a bashing from some folks over it.

I didn't buy my WE rifle because of WETTI's communications on here. I bought it because I wanted it - everything else on here has been a bonus.

Edited by TrooperX
Well how do you know it's WETTI? Is it labelled so?

Ben.

No i don't for definite as it wasn't labelled as a WETTI/AWSS rifle but that is how it was being advertised and sold by Horizon tactical and how it looks conforms with what others have stated as being WETTI/AWSS guns.

end of the day, it works, it looks good, it shoots okay and i like it so all in all I'm not too concerned. All i want really is some clarity as to who is what and what is who and who sells/makes what!

anyway it hasn't put me off the system and i look forward to getting my SCAR.